I’m not watching the game, but I think Tua may be dead (EDIT sorry, late here. Please delete!)

Looper

From Wikipedia: “Second-impact syndrome (SIS) occurs when the brain swells rapidly, and catastrophically, after a person has a second concussion before symptoms from an earlier one have subsided. This second blow may occur minutes, days or weeks after an initial concussion,[1] and even the mildest grade of concussion can lead to second impact syndrome.[2]The condition is often fatal, and almost everyone who is not killed is severely disabled. The cause of SIS is uncertain, but it is thought that the brain's arterioles lose their ability to regulate their diameter, and therefore lose control over cerebral blood flow, causing massive cerebral edema.”

This is really bad. No way he should be leaving a hospital tonight.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scapegoat found      

Remember when Simmons knee hit Mahomes in the facemask last year and he was very obviously concussed. He fell down trying to walk, staggering all over the place, had a look in his eyes like he didn’t

NFLPA should hire Jack Kruse. He’ll offer evidenced based approaches, such as suggesting all teams move to Miami so they have enough natural light to prevent concussions. Oh wait. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Having said that Tua needs to walk it off 

Rub some mud on it. That's also my best sex advice! 

But damn, Tua may never be able to think straight again. He should sue the Dolphins. He definitely had a concussion on Sunday, and they put him back out there. 

The league doesn't care about CTI, domestic violence etc.......

They care about giving the appearance they care about that stuff. 

Having said that Tua needs to walk it off 

It comes down on the doctors and the teams.

NFL players are by nature warriors.  They are not going to willingly miss a game, or not return to a game if it is something they think they can play through.  Even the guys that we feel are 'fragile' constantly play through injuries that would keep most desk jockeys home.

I don't think there has been a time where the Chiefs have had a guy concussed that he wasn't removed, even in the playoffs.  Charles and Flowers were lost against the Colts in 2013.  Kelce went down versus the Titans in 2017.  Mahomes went out against the Browns in 2020.

Now, granted, the Chiefs don't have the #1 training staff like the Bills, so these concussions were clearly due to their insufficiency.... but, the Chiefs put their players first and are pretty conservative when it comes to health.

I am not a doctor and I certainly didn't examine Tua.  That said, it certainly seems like something is off there.

Even if their testing concluded he didn't need to go into the protocol after last week, that should probably tell them that the testing isn't sufficient, not that he was necessarily hunky dory. He was obviously concussed last week, how do they know for sure a 2nd one just a few days later wouldn't be catastrophic?

I once saw a guy in the locker room at work passing a kidney stone, he was laying on the ground and his hands were all twisted up in front of his face like he had lobster claws, exactly like Tua had last night. 

Did you toss him in boiling water?