[This thread about] Derrick Henry is done

pat

20 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Again. This is a fan site. Anyone who can fit into the NFL at a higher level than that is not posting here. 

It's a fan site, yes. And some fans are more knowledge than others. The knowledge gap can actually be quite large. Your issue is you don't want to accept that.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The OL was horrible last night. How can anyone possibly use that to determine Henry is done?

Every great runner in NFL history faced terrible defenses every now and then…and I’m sure they probably racked up big numbers against those teams.     But the fact is, nobody has ever come clos

Life as Derick Henry is awesome. King Henry is the engine of the offense, he's the most important player, any QB could excel with defenses keying on him.    Tannehill has one of the best gam

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

Saying I know more than you and more than other people who very clearly don't know what they're talking about isn't the same as saying I know more than professionals. Admitting that NFL coaches generally know more than I do, doesn't make then above criticism, nor does it make it impossible for someone like me to be right and they be wrong. If you knew football well enough, you would be able to understand the idea that you don't need to be an NFL coach to understand the game of football. 

Also, you're not being "bullied". Last I checked you're a grown ass man, as am I so unless I have some sort of power over you, no one here is being bullied. Suck it up. You and I are generally ok but every once in a while, usually when this topic comes up, you get in your feelings and start talking some slick shit and throwing shots at me. I'm not the one for that. If you wanna talk football and keep things civil we can do that but if you wanna talk shit we can do that too. It's on you.

tl;dr

i said what I said. If the shoe doesn’t fit you, quit trying to wear it. 

2 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

It's a fan site, yes. And some fans are more knowledge than others. The knowledge gap can actually be quite large. Your issue is you don't want to accept that.

I accept there may be people here who have to think they are better than others. 

9 I know quite a bit about football, especially when it comes to defensive schemes and how they operate. I'm also fairly good with talent evaluations though usually overly optimistic. I defer to Mythos quite a bit when it comes to these types of schematics and Xs and Os stuff. 

I used to think PA was built off the run game. It isn't. This has been proven. I also used to think defenses would play box numbers based on the RB. That has also been proven false. Nothing wrong with changing your mind in the face of evidence. I will say Henry is a different breed and I think he affects players and DCs more than the average RB, but that doesn't mean teams are stacking against him when we aren't in 12 or 21. The PA also works without Henry. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

36 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I accept there may be people here who have to think they are better than others. 

Knowing more than someone doesn't make you a better or more valuable human being, it just means you know more. I know more than you but that doesn't make me "better" than you and if you spent more time trying to learn from others instead of acting like it's some weakness, you'd know more than you do. I've learned a lot from other posters here who know more than I do on certain matters. 

21 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

9 I know quite a bit about football, especially when it comes to defensive schemes and how they operate. I'm also fairly good with talent evaluations though usually overly optimistic. I defer to Mythos quite a bit when it comes to these types of schematics and Xs and Os stuff. 

I used to think PA was built off the run game. It isn't. This has been proven. I also used to think defenses would play box numbers based on the RB. That has also been proven false. Nothing wrong with changing your mind in the face of evidence. I will say Henry is a different breed and I think he affects players and DCs more than the average RB, but that doesn't mean teams are stacking against him when we aren't in 12 or 21. The PA also works without Henry. 

@Mythos27  He's a big boy.  He doesn't need your help.  I never said he doesn't know anything.  He just doesn't know when it's time to walk away.  

Like I have said, I've been around here for a long time.  I've seen the era when the prevailing opinion was Tomlin wasn't a good coach, Fisher was better.  The worse referee is Boger.  Poor Malik has been maligned like he raped their daughter.  Anybody who doesn't stand up against bs, doesn't rate very high in my book.  Eddie George was been talked about like a dog here.  Taylor Lewan has never received 1/10th the critism Eddie got.  Somehow, other players aren't talked about like that.

@Mythos27 is just full of himself.  He's all about saying what people want to hear.  Never had an opinion against the petty BS.  Earlier this year before the season started, I put up a thread supporting Tannehill.  Two years ago, I battled it out with the consensus bullshit-Botton posters like @oldschool were lapping up about Henry is done, after two games.  Henry ran for 2000yds.  Dig back there and read Oldstinkyshit's posts.

You have a racist poster who I guess is just a good old boy, he posts his bs and @Mythos27  keeps his mouth shut.  Young posters show up and if they don't kowtie to them, they can't even post.  They are attacked.  Not me.  I just don't play that.  Never have, never will.

Seventy percent of NFL players are black.  TR truism.  "Former NFL players don't know shit."  Well, @Mythos27 played semi-pro.  WTF could he know.   joke

Just get over your damn self.  Your opinions are worth what?  

10 minutes ago, Number9 said:

@Mythos27  He's a big boy.  He doesn't need your help.  I never said he doesn't know anything.  He just doesn't know when it's time to walk away.  

Like I have said, I've been around here for a long time.  I've seen the era when the prevailing opinion was Tomlin wasn't a good coach, Fisher was better.  The worse referee is Boger.  Poor Malik has been maligned like he raped their daughter.  Anybody who doesn't stand up against bs, doesn't rate very high in my book.  Eddie George was been talked about like a dog here.  Taylor Lewan has never received 1/10th the critism Eddie got.  Somehow, other players aren't talked about like that.

@Mythos27 is just full of himself.  He's all about saying what people want to hear.  Never had an opinion against the petty BS.  Earlier this year before the season started, I put up a thread supporting Tannehill.  Two years ago, I battled it out with the consensus bullshit-Botton posters like @oldschool were lapping up about Henry is done, after two games.  Henry ran for 2000yds.  Dig back there and read Oldstinkyshit's posts.

You have a racist poster who I guess is just a good old boy, he posts his bs and @Mythos27  keeps his mouth shut.  Young posters show up and if they don't kowtie to them, they can't even post.  They are attacked.  Not me.  I just don't play that.  Never have, never will.

Seventy percent of NFL players are black.  TR truism.  "Former NFL players don't know shit."  Well, @Mythos27 played semi-pro.  WTF could he know.   joke

Just get over your damn self.  Your opinions are worth what?  

As per usual literally nothing you posted is correct or even makes any sense. You clearly don't know anything about me or what I post. People aren't chiming in to defend me, they're trying to help you set things from a different perspective but you're too hurt or stubborn to see it. There's honestly no point in discussing this with you. It's all victimhood with you. 

13 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

This attitude is why you don't get better as a poster. Oh well, can't save people from themselves I guess.

Right? Like I've got no problems with 9. He has a unique posting style. But lol at him tagging you 4 or 5 times in a response to me acting as if I was defending you when I was actually just talking football. Alrighty.

5 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Right? Like I've got no problems with 9. He has a unique posting style. But lol at him tagging you 4 or 5 times in a response to me acting as if I was defending you when I was actually just talking football. Alrighty.

He's scrambling. I feel bad for him but he's doing it to himself. I'm trying really hard to give him a way out of this encounter but his pride won't let him take it. It's funny how it's always the guys trying really hard to come off as "humble" whose pride ultimately gets the best of them. You hate to see it. 

Just now, Mythos27 said:

He's scrambling. I feel bad for him but he's doing it to himself. I'm trying really hard to give him a way out of this encounter but his pride won't let him take it. It's funny how it's always the guys trying really hard to come off as "humble" whose pride ultimately gets the best of them. You hate to see it. 

The weird part was him highlighting a bunch of random shit and involving OS. Everyone knows OS is a dick. I've battled with that guy plenty and we both enjoy it and then find other places where we agree. Same with Jamal and Oman. I couldn't care less what they think of me personally, but I battle with them because it's fun and I enjoy their football takes.

The opposite could be said for you. You rarely get involved in the muck. You aren't even saying you're an expert but merely stating a baseline understanding backed up with a lot of film watching and looking at data and analytics. I really don't understand what the point of contention is on this one. I mean you were kind of being a dick after he said you get your football knowledge from Madden when anyone who knows you understands that isn't true. 

Whatever though lol I'm out of this one. 

16 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

This attitude is why you don't get better as a poster. Oh well, can't save people from themselves I guess.

You did what you could do.  Like I said, I like you.  I also realize you are not a stand up guy.

51 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Like I have said, I've been around here for a long time.  I've seen the era when the prevailing opinion was Tomlin wasn't a good coach. The worse referee is Boger.  Poor Malik has been maligned like he raped their daughter.  Anybody who doesn't stand up against bs, doesn't rate very high in my book.  Eddie George was been talked about like a dog here.  Taylor Lewan has never received 1/10th the critism Eddie got.  

You just aren't a stand up guy.  Not many people are.