[This thread about] Derrick Henry is done

pat

On first take, he appears to have increased physicality and is finishing runs much better. He’s also shown more burst through holes and on the edges the last two games. Maybe he’s getting into a rhythm, but just as likely is the improved blocking. We’ve seen through his entire career that he’s worse than most RBs when encountering defenders in the backfield. Especially this past week, he was finally able to develop some momentum before getting touched. He’s more dependent on good blocking than most elite RBs, but when he has good blocking he makes more out of it than most. 

Edited by titaninpgh

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The OL was horrible last night. How can anyone possibly use that to determine Henry is done?

Every great runner in NFL history faced terrible defenses every now and then…and I’m sure they probably racked up big numbers against those teams.     But the fact is, nobody has ever come clos

Life as Derick Henry is awesome. King Henry is the engine of the offense, he's the most important player, any QB could excel with defenses keying on him.    Tannehill has one of the best gam

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

Now post his 2nd half stats in those games.

A valid point. 

The entire offense has been wholly ineffective in the second half....which means the vast majority of Henry's recent production was accomplished in only four quarters of play.

12 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Now post his 2nd half stats in those games.

Who gives a shit about which half? The game plan and play calling changes during the course of the game for both sides. Henry is running with power and speed and still can cut. You're agenda overshadows your common sense. Henry's karma ran over your dogma.

Just now, BudsOilers said:

Lynch was far more physical - initiating contact.  Henry is far more like Dickerson to me style wise.

That's why I referenced it. He usually doesn't run like that. Look at the way he bullied them and made the jump cut behind his blocker. 

4 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Henry looked to be close to form yesterday.  Good to see.  The drops were a bummer though but he's simply not good at that.

Agreed.  He looked much better than the first two weeks for sure.  Looks like they are going to continue to throw the ball to him and Hilliard especially now that Burks will be out for a while.

45 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Haven't seen the top gear yet but he seems what he was otherwise.

I do miss those big rip runs that made him special. About what I was expecting and I’m happy with it, especially with adding the pass catching. Also wouldn’t be surprised if he goes back to form and breaks a few big runs this year. I think it’s more a mental thing than a physical one at this point. We all know he gets better with more reps, not just in game but in season.

• pat changed the title to [This thread about] Derrick Henry is done