Search warrant served by FBI on President Trump's residence

9 Nines

35 minutes ago, begooode said:

Fair enough, I won’t pretend (too much) to understand processes I am unfamiliar with. But I also think it’s a bit nihilistic to default to an overly cynical perspective and paint in too broad of brushstrokes , at least without strong indications otherwise. 

I can respect that, but the cynical view is from seeing it too often at too many levels. 

I mean, look at Kanye in 2020 and Jill Stein in 2016. There was desperation for those goofs to get on ballots and build followings. Stein had Black acolytes like Marc Lamont Hill. Why? Because just enough Black voters in the right places would listen to him (major rust belt cities).

And it worked. 

Politics is a dirty game. Major party candidates often need help across the finish line. Joe Biden will if he runs in 2024 (or any Dem nominee, honestly). This is why there's early talk of Liz Cheney running as a conservative independent. Not to win, but to split the conservative vote and keep Trump out of the White House again. 

Edited by luvyablue256

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How stupid would you have to be to be a Trump supporter?

pretty good...  

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

I can respect that, but the cynical view is from seeing it too often at too many levels. 

I mean, look at Kanye in 2020 and Jill Stein in 2016. There was desperation for those goofs to get on ballots and build followings. Stein had Black acolytes like Marc Lamont Hill. Why? Because just enough Black voters in the right places would listen to him (major rust belt cities).

And it worked. 

Politics is a dirty game. Major party candidates often need help across the finish line. Joe Biden will if he runs in 2024 (or any Dem nominee, honestly). This is why there's early talk of Liz Cheney running as a conservative independent. Not to win, but to split the conservative vote and keep Trump out of the White House again. 

You think Marc Lamont Hill is a secret Republican?

11 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

And it worked. 

The Green Party always runs a candidate for president, just like the Libertarians. It can impact the election, but from a party level it’s the norm.

Kanye was a very different story and clearly intended to bleed black voters away from Biden. He was fully funded and supported by the Republicans. 

Edited by Starkiller

14 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

And it worked. 

Yes, but this background cannot be copy/pasted onto Yang, Jolley, Todd-Whitman’s new effort.

still laughing at the blatant transparency of the repubs with Kanye. 

https://www.wisn.com/article/kanye-wests-campaign-drops-off-signatures-to-get-him-on-wisconsin-ballot/33515419#

20 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

You think Marc Lamont Hill is a secret Republican?

At best, he was a useful idiot for the GOP covert operatives that work on behalf of fringe parties. 

He claims he voted Dem in 2020, which he probably did after seeing how he got played in 2016 and what all came from those unwise decisions. 

At worse, he was a paid undercover GOP operative in 2016 and really thought he was "holding Democrats accountable" as most other Black platform hustlers try to do. 

There is a LOT of dirty money in this, especially after Obama won a 2nd term. That's when GOP operatives and party insiders really started panicking and trying to come up with ways to win future elections. The early public tactic was sending elected GOP officials into Black spaces to try and make "genuine"  appeals. The backroom tactics were to find Black acolytes for 3rd party entities so the GOP could win the rust belt, NC, VA and other slim margin states with metro areas that have a sizable population of Black voters (Detroit, Milwaukee, Philly, etc).

The GOP knows they are unpopular as hell, so they play the rat-fuck game. Andrew Yang is the latest example. I guarantee you.. by this time next year, he'll have someone Black with a following that's stumping for his goofy ass "Forward" Party. Probably someone like Killer Mike in Georgia, or Ice Cube pretending like he gives a shit about working class people. FYI, Ice Cube was begged to donate money to the Alabama HBCUs years ago but somehow couldn't find the money. Now he pops up with a "platinum plan" right before the 2020 election when the GOP needed help getting Trump across the finish line? LOL. 

And nearly all of this appeals to minimally-engaged people who feel the Democratic Party should be "held accountable" for not doing enough. The only problem the Democratic Party has is not enough operatives doing what the GOP operatives do.... which is ratfuck the other side by any means necessary, beat their ass and spike the ball when they win. Minimally engaged people don't understand that the Congressional electoral math has NEVER been on the side of true progress. They just see that when Dems are in charge, things only get done in increments. Which is a feature of both parties. If the GOP had the power that some with and pretend Dems have, they would've abolished half the federal government and overturned everything progressive done since the 1960s.  

The good news is I'm seeing signs that is finally changing. But the average everyday Dem/Dem-adjacent voter is often too smart to follow the lead of a covert political movement.   

Edited by luvyablue256

17 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

The Green Party always runs a candidate for president, just like the Libertarians. It can impact the election, but from a party level it’s the norm.

Kanye was a very different story and clearly intended to bleed black voters away from Biden. He was fully funded and supported by the Republicans. 

Yes, they always run a candidate, but they don't always have the needed torch-carriers. Those fringe parties are nothing but glorified advocacy clubs. 

5 hours ago, reo said:

There are only a few things we know for sure.

1) The bar for getting a warrant like that is pretty high.

2) The bar for getting a warrant like that against a former sitting president is <until it happened, I would think it would have been impossible>

3) LTF is a triggered little bitch today.

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) on Tuesday called the FBI’s execution of a search warrant at former President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida “fair game,” adding that he hopes more information about the cause of the search will be revealed soon.

“It’s fair game, and you just have to display probable cause to a federal judge that … there are contents in that safe that would assist in proving a violation of the law,” Christie said in an interview with Sirius XM’s Julie Mason.

“It’s not anything that’s out of bounds to go into a safe, and it happens frequently in federal law enforcement. But again, you have to have the factual underpinnings to be able to convince a federal judge that you need and have the right to do that.”

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/3594518-chris-christie-labels-fbi-search-of-trump-home-fair-game/

5 minutes ago, 9 Nines said:

He, and people like him, are are sizeable part of how Trump won. 

And a lot of people still don't believe it. 

There was a group of Alabama Democrats that helped Katie Britt beat Mo Brooks in the GOP Senate primary. The covert operation's cover was finally blown when Brooks called her a Democrat and blamed his loss on us. But... Britt (and Richard Shelby) were instrumental in helping Doug Jones defeat Roy Moore. So we owed them a favor. LOL. 

There are no permanent enemies, and no permanent friends, only permanent interests.

Edited by luvyablue256

4 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

What is this guy smoking? He thinks this was signed off by a field office? What a maroon. 

He would get more "likes" if he ran around nude painted blue yelling, "look at me, I am different, I have a different point of view, look look look at me" and his goal would be exactly the same as this pathetic tweet. 

4 hours ago, reo said:

This is the case a lot of times. It's why Kanye was on the ballot in states like GA. He was a Trump guy who ran to try and pull some voters from Biden. 

Perot would be one of the few exceptions and one of the few who actually had some moderate amount of success.

Perot didn't win one state and no poll ever suggested he had a shot at any one state.

Contrast with George Wallace winning most of the south in 1968. 

Perot wasn't worried about taxes. Billionaires always have tax shelters elsewhere. Clinton was expected to be the economic pick since Bush tanked the economy (and couldn't care less about shoring up crime). Remember, these were the 80s/90s. The Democrats of that era (sans Carter) weren't seen as totally incompetent regarding a working man's economy. That's why Tip O'Neill, Mike Mansfield, Robert Byrd and later George Mitchell were seen as savvy, competent leaders.  

Edited by luvyablue256

33 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

Perot didn't win one state and no poll ever suggested he had a shot at any one state.

Contrast with George Wallace winning most of the south in 1968. 

Perot wasn't worried about taxes. Billionaires always have tax shelters elsewhere. Clinton was expected to be the economic pick since Bush tanked the economy (and couldn't care less about shoring up crime). Remember, these were the 80s/90s. The Democrats of that era (sans Carter) weren't seen as totally incompetent regarding a working man's economy. That's why Tip O'Neill, Mike Mansfield, Robert Byrd and later George Mitchell were seen as savvy, competent leaders.  

Perot was a serious candidate who led in the polling at one point. But when he dropped out and then got back in the race he was no longer seen as a serious candidate by many.

• 9 Nines changed the title to Search warrant served by FBI on President Trump's residence