Way Too Early - Pre-Season Week 1 Final 53 Prediciton

titanskick8851

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back another year to play Titanstradaumus and guess the Final 53 man roster. After 6-7 practices and with a week to Pre Season Game 1, let’s layout the 53 as of now and where some of the battles and b

There is zero chance Willis is cut and put on the practice squad.  ZERO 

- Still find it hard to believe they will keep 5 RB (4RB plus 1FB) think Cannon will miss out. - With durability concerns on the OL I think they keep 9 - The preseason games and joint practi

- Still find it hard to believe they will keep 5 RB (4RB plus 1FB) think Cannon will miss out.

- With durability concerns on the OL I think they keep 9

- The preseason games and joint practices will give a clearer picture but I like Peevy over Hand on the DL

- Similar to the OL there are durability concerns at CB wouldn't be surprised if they keep 6

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Swaim is making this roster he was given $3.5 million fully guaranteed.

Oh you’re right on the contract - my bad. Saw that Hudson and Moore got some reps ahead of him at times this week so figured he was in trouble. 5 TE’s then! 

Nah, can probably just stash Moore in the PS for another year. 

8 minutes ago, tgo said:

I think Cannon and Hand are out, maybe Swaim too. Murchison out. 

Briley Moore+Tommy Hudson in, Haskell Garrett In, Josh Kalu in 

I think they could keep Cannon over a 5th ILB. Both are effectively there for special teams. 

Hand has a shot. He was a good DT when he could stay healthy. But it’s a wide open competition for that 6th DL job. 

As for Kalu, I’d put him on PS and just call him up for games they just want a special teams guy and don’t need an injury replacement. I don’t think anyone would pick him up off waivers even when he runs out of protected activations. 

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Oh you’re right on the contract - my bad. Saw that Hudson and Moore got some reps ahead of him at times this week so figured he was in trouble. 5 TE’s then! 

Nah, can probably just stash Moore in the PS for another year. 

Vrabel treated yesterday as a light day for veterans (giving some the day off and limiting reps for others) so I wouldn't read much into Moore (who I am a fan of) getting a few snaps higher up the depth chart yesterday.

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

I think they could keep Cannon over a 5th ILB. Both are effectively there for special teams. 

Hand has a shot. He was a good DT when he could stay healthy. But it’s a wide open competition for that 6th DL job. 

As for Kalu, I’d put him on PS and just call him up for games they just want a special teams guy and don’t need an injury replacement. I don’t think anyone would pick him up off waivers even when he runs out of protected activations. 

Distinct possibility on Kalu, and yeah Hand does have a shot - anxious to see him in preseason. I really like Garrett though and I know the Titans like him a lot. 

16 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Got a feeling we will see a veteran addition to the OL shortly on the back of a few guys already getting banged up at camp, Ben Jones has already missed 2.5 days, Munyer is done for the year, Jamarco Jones went hobbling off yesterday.

Is it possible that Jones and Dupree are mostly rest related? 

Just now, tgo said:

Is it possible that Jones and Dupree are mostly rest related? 

Partially yes but I think Jones is dealing with something minor maybe that knee he has had trouble with over recent years.

No idea what is going on Dupree he participated on the first day in pads and then missed a couple of consecutive practices, hopefully he is back today (should find out shortly if he is practicing)