Red Dead Redemption II

9 Nines

7 hours ago, Somedude said:

It's tedious and boring.

It seems that way, the first hour.  Is it like Grand Theft Auto where it starts with scripted objectives and narration and then becomes open world.  Or does it remain scripted tasks? 

Yes, it eventually opens up after starting slow.

It's the best open world game ever made IMO. Prefect blend of open world and still has a great scripted storyline. Too many games only give you one or the other. This does both and to the highest levels.

Never played any of the RDR games, I assume for similar reasons to fallout.... The genre  just doesn't excite me.

I have watched my roommates play back in college when I would just play something else and he would have RDR2 on the other TV. It looks like a truly amazing game in terms of story, technical aspects and graphics but it's just not for me because how slow it is.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

i was bored with it and tried to sprint through. some of the hunting was fun i guess. Far cry is way better with open world game stuff and by far the best series in that genre IMO. But Red Dead is supposed to be the best so I'm sure my opinion differs from the masses.

Not a huge Fallout fan either but i am playing New Vegas just to see if the hype was real

3 minutes ago, Somedude said:

That belongs to BOTW. Don't have to spend 5 minutes watching an animation putting something on a horse

I really like BOTW too. I think it falls into the great open world, but weak from a story perspective category. 

6 hours ago, Titans279 said:

Yes, it eventually opens up after starting slow.

It's the best open world game ever made IMO. Prefect blend of open world and still has a great scripted storyline. Too many games only give you one or the other. This does both and to the highest levels.

So its Grand Theft Auto 5 but Western late 1800s setting? 

1 minute ago, titanruss said:

I did, I didnt like it and heard New Vegas was the primo one. So I guess I'm going in assuming its gonna suck too.

I haven’t played these games since they came out, but for what it’s worth I like FO3 and NV better than I liked FO4. 

The general opinion was that NV is the best, but 2010 was a long time ago…