AFC South is going to be tough this season

9 Nines

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a reminder, Mike Sando surveyed NFL execs who had the Colts ranked as the 5th best team in the NFL before this season   LOL

I haven't read through this thread so forgive me if this has been said.   The Jags are 6-30 in the last 36 games. 4 of those 6 wins have been against the Colts.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

We all know, no matter what, there WILL be excuses from logicals. 

Unless they somehow win their home opener on a short week!  

Logicals never manned up or accepted that the Titans beat the Bills in either the game last year or the year before.  Why does anyone even listen to a damn thing he says.  Every morsel of credibility he might have had as an opposing team fan is LONG gone.  

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

Unless they somehow win their home opener on a short week!  

Logicals never manned up or accepted that the Titans beat the Bills in either the game last year or the year before.  Why does anyone even listen to a damn thing he says.  Every morsel of credibility he might have had as an opposing team fan is LONG gone.  

It’s also strange he is part of like 20 other message boards or some shit. Does he go to all of them jerking off Josh Allen? Must not have a life. 

7 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

It’s also strange he is part of like 20 other message boards or some shit. Does he go to all of them jerking off Josh Allen? Must not have a life. 

I mean, imagine how pathetic your life must be to be so obsessed that you spend 2 years+ making excuses to an opposing team’s forum about how your team *should* have won

8 hours ago, titaninpgh said:

Professional athletes are so full of shit. “Indiana is dope,” said no one ever except Leslie Knope. 

520C7A3D-DEDA-4B07-9519-2F01F8E634FF.jpeg

I’ve never been to Indianapolis, but I suspect players might say the same about Tennessee when they really would hate living anywhere outside of Nashville. Or Pittsburgh/Philly vs the rest of PA. Or Atlanta vs GA. 

Edited by Starkiller

2 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I’ve never been to Indianapolis, but I suspect players might say the same about Tennessee when they really would hate living anywhere outside of Nashville. Or Pittsburgh/Philly vs the rest of PA. Or Atlanta vs GA. 

I went to Indy on business a few years ago. It’s not bad, honestly. Some neat places to hang out and some of the food places were delicious. 

13 hours ago, logicals said:

I’ve mentioned this before and it’s still true.

1) The Bills defense held Mahomes to 208 yards and 1 TD through 58 minutes of gametime. Think about that for a moment. Mahomes only had 208 yards and 1 passing TD in the first FIFTY EIGHT minutes of the game. The Bills defense held him at check for most of the game. It was the last 2 minutes and OT where he got his stats and scoring. The Bills defense (and Chiefs defense too) we’re just gassed at that point. Whoever won the coin toss was winning the game.

2) In the playoffs, the NFL wants the offenses to score and create good games. They make it so much harder on the defenses and the refs don’t call anything on the offense like holding. They call the same amount of defensive penalties - just not offensive. They WANT higher scoring games so they make it so.

7A8A4166-78A7-4562-9935-49EB54426E71.jpeg.868ac6cd07997fb91d7cb919d35f1f81.jpeg

#1)  That makes sense.  The Chiefs were leading for most of the second half until that point.  The team that is behind is the one that has to pass more.  

#2)  Yeah, I am sure the refs didn't affect the way the Chiefs played defense, only the Bills.  

2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

When we hear interviews from different players, those players all talk about how great their team is.  Especially in the offseason.

I am sure that some of that is pander to the fanbase.

However, some of it is that they genuinely believe that because they have to.  They are predisposed to believe those things.

For them to get to the NFL, MLB, or NBA they had to overcome tremendous odds.  They had to believe in themselves and they had to be eternally optimistic and believe that they would beat the odds.  Athletic ability is huge, but so is mindset.

I think guys who have that ability to see hope in the face of all circumstances also tend to be present in their lives and enjoy wherever they live.

And, let's be honest, experiencing anywhere with a few million or more in the bank is going to be 'pretty dope'.

The way KC went down the field on the bills D tells me they aren't close to elite.  And that defense is worse at CB now and still has no pass rush.  Von Miller is a shell of himself.  That is why the Rams let him walk.  Donald was their pass rusher.  

The bills schedule this year will show them to be just like Kelly's bills, a good offense whose defense gets exposed by a tough schedule/opponent. There is a reason they won the AFC 4 yrs in a row and got manhandled in 4 SBs.  Their defense was not as good as the press clippings or fan opinions.  This is a bill DNA problem.  Now Daboll is gone too.  Should be a wake up call for their fans.  

3 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

The way KC went down the field on the bills D tells me they aren't close to elite.  And that defense is worse at CB now and still has no pass rush.  Von Miller is a shell of himself.  That is why the Rams let him walk.  Donald was their pass rusher.  

The bills schedule this year will show them to be just like Kelly's bills, a good offense whose defense gets exposed by a tough schedule/opponent. There is a reason they won the AFC 4 yrs in a row and got manhandled in 4 SBs.  Their defense was not as good as the press clippings or fan opinions.  This is a bill DNA problem.  Now Daboll is gone too.  Should be a wake up call for their fans.  

Von Miller is not washed.  He isn't a 120 million guy either.  He will provide good rush if he stays healthy.

I think the defense will continue to be top 10.

Allen is no where near the QB that Jim Kelly was.  

12 minutes ago, logicals said:

Yeah I'm sure the Chiefs leading by 2 whole points going into the 4th quarter is why the Bills held Mahomes to 208 yards and 1 TD for the first 58 minutes lol. 

Of course they did. It goes both ways.

When Mahomes had to have it, he took it.  Allen still crapped out on four drives.  At least two of them while trailing.

When Mahomes lost the lead, he drove down and took the lead or tied it.  Even when he was left only 13 seconds against the #1 defense.

He then drove down in overtime and sent the Bills home.  It would have been interesting if Allen got the ball in overtime.  The Chiefs had gotten him to fourth down 8 times.  Would the Bills have gone for it?  And, would the Bills luck finally have run out?

Allen couldn't have done what Mahomes did with 13 seconds.

It will be fun to watch your excuses this year as Allen falls out of favor.  He is a less athletic Cam Newton.

2 hours ago, logicals said:

And yet still scored more points per drive than Mahomes.

And had more yards, completions, TD's, and a higher QB rating at the end of regulation.

Mahomes didn't take anything ... other than advantageous of a coach that doesnt know what a squib kick is. 

Your entire argument hinges on a coach not knowing what a squib kick is.

What?  lol. Throw a 2 yard screen pass that the WR took for 15 yards and then throw to a wide open TE? Yeah, pretty sure Allen (and maybe even Geno Smith) could have done that.

You clearly have no idea what situational football is.  Teams behind throw more.  Especially when they have a two score deficit.

Commanders Analyst: 'Dotson is the best WR right now'

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2022/08/08/commanders-analyst-jahan-dotson-is-the-best-wr-right-now-washington-commanders-terry-mclaurin/

Former NFL tight end Logan Paulsen has been in attendance at Washington Commanders’ practices and discussed his evaluations, and on Friday as a guest on the “Al Galdi Podcast.”

Paulsen calmly asserted that the rookie receiver Dotson, drafted 16th overall, is performing at a higher level (at least for now) than Washington’s best all-around receiver for the last three seasons (2019-21) Terry McLaurin.

Paulsen: “I’m sure people would have expected me to say Terry (McLaurin), and I don’t have any slight against Terry. I think he has been quiet. I think he had a big catch the first day on a post. But in terms of big plays and manufacturing big plays, the guy that has been at the forefront of that is Jahan.”

“I think he (Dotson) understands route running nuance at a very high level and he can win. He scored a couple of touchdowns in the red zone the other day. Every single day he makes some type of explosive play. That is a feature of his usage and that is a big deal. That is a big feature of how the staff uses him.”

“Also this is about his relationship with Carson Wentz. On OTAs they were best of friends you could tell, and that has continued. Carson looks for him, he trusts him, he tries to get him the football and I think that is one reason why he (Dotson) has been so productive.”

Edited by 9 Nines