Mike Vrabel's Defense

Number9

The resentment on here for the Oilers is simply rooted in the inferiority complex of their fandom and knowledge compared to long time fans from the Oiler days.  Without the Oilers and the Oiler fans on here, this place would be GoTitans or worse.

And while I fully expect the new stadium funding to get resolved, it would be absolutely hysterical to see Nashville botch in and have Amy move the team back to Texas and rebrand whether it's in San Antonio or Austin.  The meltdown on here would be as good as seeing the team win a SB.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait…do…do you not like Vrabel?

A few things:  The RZ play showed us just good good Molden was as a rookie.   The big miss JA made was because TN force JA to his left and the book on JA is to make him go this way because he doe

I don't shit on everything the Titans do, but I'm not a homer that overlooks legitimate concerns.     As far as the Oilers, they won 2 AFL championships, and have 13 Hall of Fame players, pl

30 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

I do feel we have a similar situation happening now.  We have a couple players that could be future Hall of Famers...Henry, Simmons, Byard top that list.  But if we continue failing when it matters, they will only be in the Hall of Very Good, with Steve and Eddie.  And you know whose fault it will be if that happens....again.

What do you propose we as fans should do?  

What exactly has Vrabel done that wasted the Titans talent?  Grievance list, please.

54 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

You keep acting as though my dislike of Vrabel is some crusade...it's not.  It's my opinion, supported by facts.  You have your opinion, also supported by facts.  You somehow think that by stalking my on this board, I'm going to suddenly think Vrabel is a less shitty coach than I do?  There is one way to prove that, and it's to win when it matters.  

As far as me having a brain, I'm not the one that thought our defense was 'money' two years ago...that was you.  An historically awful defense, that you thought was great because of one good game halfway through the year....lol.  You've owned up to the stupidity, so I've let it be...but be careful throwing stones, when you're made of glass.

The one thing you have is a recent lack of success in the playoffs. That’s it. Everyone else sees him for what he is: a good to great coach. 

But you prance around here injecting your thoughts on Vrabel in almost every single post. 

And as long as you keep calling Vrabel bad when he is leading this team to winning seasons (and hopefully, eventually a super bowl), you continue to look like an idiot. Oh well. 

I look forward to your next Vrabel post. I’ll see you then!

14 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

The resentment on here for the Oilers is simply rooted in the inferiority complex of their fandom and knowledge compared to long time fans from the Oiler days.  Without the Oilers and the Oiler fans on here, this place would be GoTitans or worse.

And while I fully expect the new stadium funding to get resolved, it would be absolutely hysterical to see Nashville botch in and have Amy move the team back to Texas and rebrand whether it's in San Antonio or Austin.  The meltdown on here would be as good as seeing the team win a SB.

Incorrect. You do have a good amount of football knowledge, but your arrogance and inability to correctly read the room are glaring. 

1 minute ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Incorrect. You do have a good amount of football knowledge, but your arrogance and inability to correctly read the room are glaring. 

Disagree but your entitled to your opinion. 

IMO a lot of the Oilers resentment is because the TN based fans want to ignore anything before 1999, which of course is stupid and inaccurate because the Titans were not an expansion team.  It's also funny when they get so many of the facts about what went down in Houston wrong, especially in the context of cities funding stadiums.

Of course, the fact the most knowledgeable people on here are the long time Oiler fans bothers people for some reason.

2 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Disagree but your entitled to your opinion. 

IMO a lot of the Oilers resentment is because the TN based fans want to ignore anything before 1999, which of course is stupid and inaccurate because the Titans were not an expansion team.  It's also funny when they get so many of the facts about what went down in Houston wrong, especially in the context of cities funding stadiums.

Of course, the fact the most knowledgeable people on here are the long time Oiler fans bothers people for some reason.

I also don't care about the Utah Jazz before 1980. I became a fan of the Titans. Not the Oilers. Oilers are dead. Get over it. They are not coming back. Stop stroking the dead dick. They were never that good. Not claiming the Titans are massively better either but not like the Oilers were some amazing franchise either but at least the Titans are the existing franchise. Do you think any Lakers fans give a fuck about the teams former home in Minneapolis?  I doubt it.

1 hour ago, Somedude said:

I also don't care about the Utah Jazz before 1980. I became a fan of the Titans. Not the Oilers. Oilers are dead. Get over it. They are not coming back. Stop stroking the dead dick. They were never that good. Not claiming the Titans are massively better either but not like the Oilers were some amazing franchise either but at least the Titans are the existing franchise. Do you think any Lakers fans give a fuck about the teams former home in Minneapolis?  I doubt it.

The Oilers helmet and uniforms are coming back next year dumbass......As for history/legacy, the Oilers era of the franchise is as memorable as the Titans era is nationally.

Now over time, as fans of the team from the Oilers era die off, you'll probably be right eventually.......Unless Nashville botches the stadium funding deal :) 

Edited by BudsOilers

1 hour ago, IowaOiler said:

I totally understand being optimistic on Vrabel...I was optimistic on Fisher until 2008, so I can't throw stones at people for thinking that way.  All I can and will do is bring up the points I ignored prior to 2008, and those that most (not you) are ignoring now.  

As far as the Oilers, I think the worry that the Titans could leave, even as unlikely as it is, might be causing some issues for 100% Tennessee people.  The fact that the Titans don't have a single pure-Titans player in the Hall is probably mostly the fault of Jeff Fisher.  If we had gotten to another SB, or god forbid won one, with the stacked rosters we had over that 5 year span, Eddie and Steve would have been first-ballot inductees.  Instead, we have to sit here and get excited because Kevin Mawae played his last few years for us, or hold onto the one year we had an over-the-hill Hutch.  Obviously the best player to ever put on a Titans jersey was Bruce Matthews, and it's not really close...but he was an Oiler, and I don't think many would argue that.  

I do feel we have a similar situation happening now.  We have a couple players that could be future Hall of Famers...Henry, Simmons, Byard top that list.  But if we continue failing when it matters, they will only be in the Hall of Very Good, with Steve and Eddie.  And you know whose fault it will be if that happens....again.

I'll agree on Eddie as someone who got overused by Fisher and therefore shortened/damaged his HOF chances.  McNair is a difficult one to pin on Jeff.  McNair played hurt and didn't keep his body in the best of shape.  I can't pin the second one on Fisher there.  That's a McNair issue. 

I don't even count Matthews as a Titan all that much.  He was basically, aging, over the hill in the years he played for the Titans.  Best player to play for the Titans for the duration of his career?  Maybe Bulluck.  But he's still in the hall of very good. 

As far as the current group, think it's too early on Simmons.  Byard has a better shot than Henry.  Henry still has work to do.  Think he has to hit 10K yards to get in.

The end of thread in this silly Oilers / Titans false dichotomy is….

What team drafted Eddie George, Steve McNair, Brad Hopkins, Bruce Matthews, Jon Runyon, Josh Evans, Henry Ford, Eddie Robinson, Barron Wortham, Joe Bowden, Blaine Bishop, and Marcus Robertson?  What team hired Jeff Fisher?

It’s the same franchise, a lot of people just happened to become fans in 1999.

56 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

The Oilers helmet and uniforms are coming back next year dumbass......As for history/legacy, the Oilers era of the franchise as the Titans era does.

Now over time, as fans of the team from the Oilers era die off, you'll probably be right eventually.......Unless Nashville botches the stadium funding deal :) 

Jets wore Titans uniforms. Doesn't make them alive and last time Titans wore that garbage. 59-0. Oilers curse. When the Titans wear those hideous light blue jerseys they typically do worse. Damn Oilers stink! :cj2k:

3 minutes ago, pat said:

Maybe the Tennessee fans don’t like us Oilers / Tennessee fans because we are older and more obnoxious.

I play it up to be a cunt but in reality I'm only kinda annoyed because Oiler boomers never shut the fuck up about a franchise that's been dead for 23 years and act like it was the glory years when they didn't do shit in the NFL. A chunk of young Titans fans were not even born when the Oilers were around. yeah it's part of franchise history but that's all it is now. History. I don't hate the Oilers at all. I just couldn't care less about them as they're irrelevant to the current franchise no matter the past.

Edited by Somedude

Oilers + Titans = one franchise.

I swear I remember explaining this back in 1999.

For all you Oilers fan haters, we lost a lot of fans when the name changed.  The Oilers had fans, 1960-1996. 

The Oilers weren't on TV much.  The national games used to be/are Dallas, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, samo samo.  Plus, there wasn't TNF, SNF or Saturday Night football. People see the TV teams as the best ones.

This site grew from Oilers fans.  I admire fans who have stayed fans after their team moved, changed team name and a new team moved into the same city.  That takes a high level of commitment. 

I'm glad they stayed loyal to their team.  My team.  

Edited by Number9