Mike Vrabel's Defense

Number9

2 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

It’s not love, it’s facts. I don’t love him but I think he is a hell of a lot better than you claim. 

I don’t know why it’s so hard for you. Vrabel lives rent free in your head, apparently. Haha. 

Lol...I'm not taking the bait.  There are facts on both sides of the argument.

I live in your head more than Vrabel lives in mine, though.  

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait…do…do you not like Vrabel?

A few things:  The RZ play showed us just good good Molden was as a rookie.   The big miss JA made was because TN force JA to his left and the book on JA is to make him go this way because he doe

I don't shit on everything the Titans do, but I'm not a homer that overlooks legitimate concerns.     As far as the Oilers, they won 2 AFL championships, and have 13 Hall of Fame players, pl

15 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

Lol...I'm not taking the bait.  There are facts on both sides of the argument.

I live in your head more than Vrabel lives in mine, though.  

Highly doubtful, considering half your posts are shots at him. 

You aren’t even a blip on the radar.

9 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Highly doubtful, considering half your posts are shots at him. 

You aren’t even a blip on the radar.

I have barely spoken about Vrabel over the past two weeks, and I doubt I'm barely a blip when you tag me out of the blue.  You desperately want to be right about Vrabel...the funny thing, is I desperately want you to be right, too.

Edited by IowaOiler

8 hours ago, IowaOiler said:

Wtf are you talking about?

You boast a name and avatar proud of the Oilers. A total flop of a franchise. Complete failures. Like you're proud of them but you shit on EVERYTHING Titans do even though they had more success as the Titans than Oilers. Oilers sucked sweaty balls. 

23 hours ago, Somedude said:

You boast a name and avatar proud of the Oilers. A total flop of a franchise. Complete failures. Like you're proud of them but you shit on EVERYTHING Titans do even though they had more success as the Titans than Oilers. Oilers sucked sweaty balls. 

I don't shit on everything the Titans do, but I'm not a homer that overlooks legitimate concerns.  

As far as the Oilers, they won 2 AFL championships, and have 13 Hall of Fame players, plus two coaches.  There isn't a single player in the Hall that started or played most of their career for the Titans...not one.  We've been to one SB (one AFC Championship), and are most notable for now having been the #1 seed 3 times, and having lost our first game all 3 times...oh, and for keeping around coaches that think running the ball constantly is going to lead to championships.  

That's a pretty crazy thing to have to argue, considering THEY ARE THE SAME FUCKING TEAM, but for some people, I guess things need to be written down in crayon.  

3 hours ago, IowaOiler said:

I don't shit on everything the Titans do, but I'm not a homer that overlooks legitimate concerns.  

As far as the Oilers, they won 2 AFL championships, and have 13 Hall of Fame players, plus two coaches.  There isn't a single player in the Hall that started or played most of their career for the Titans...not one.  We've been to one SB (one AFC Championship), and are most notable for now having been the #1 seed 3 times, and having lost our first game all 3 times...oh, and for keeping around coaches that think running the ball constantly is going to lead to championships.  

That's a pretty crazy thing to have to argue, considering THEY ARE THE SAME FUCKING TEAM, but for some people, I guess things need to be written down in crayon.  

If the titans were still in a large market and every single thing was exactly the same stat and record and player wise... there'd be a couple in the hall. 

1 hour ago, Bongo59 said:

Henry & Jeff top the list.  I had hopes for Mac & CJ......but shit happens.

Possibly if Steve came along during this era, he would have been developed differently.  Hurts is not the QB Steve was, neither is Tua(sorry EE).  Both got new weapons and the plan is for both QB to throw the ball like all the other QBs.  Steve was an anomaly.  He could run the ball, he also was known for throwing the football all over the lot.  Jeff let the Air out.  Fisher created Handoff McNair.  

Remember when Sanders was a decoy.  Early in the game, Steve would be asked to throw a deep ball to him.  Just one, gotta keep the D honest.  Every week, DC studied the Titans.  They looked for tendencies.  Bread and Butter plays.  "Okay team, we need to spend a day of practice to prepare for that deep ball to Sanders.  They usually throw it in the first qtr, but gotta be wary of those Tricky Titans.  They might have him throw it deep in the 2nd qtr.  We better be prepared for it the entire first half."  GMAB.

Sat him behind a B-QB to learn what?  Next they built the team without a WR for him.  Thigpen was a good WR, he wasn't NUK, or Chase, or Diggs.  He was an oft injured player capable of making big plays in the passing game.  Admittedly Eddie was the RB, but the QB has to win playoff games.  

Lots of people bought into the 'raw' assessment.  Steve had Jeff Fisher.  I thought Fisher deserved COY back then, but that was the homer in me.  Those teams should have won at least one SB.  I listened to a scout who said they believed Steve and Eddie would win multiple SB.

Peyton Manning was developed to be a QB, Day one.  Heimerdinger said, he was amazed at Steve's ability to understand the plays.  WTF told him Steve couldn't.  Next Fisher got a QB that won the Heisman trophy.  Fisher gave him a dummy playbook.  LMAO!  Next Fisher's top draft pick RB said Fisher was running a Jr High School offense.

Three opportunities in succession.  HOF players George and McNair.  Eddie run into the ground(happens with RB).  Wasted Steve.  Jealous of Vince.  But by then, we loved Fisher and thought he really knew how to coach.  Look what Zona did for Murray.  

Imagine Steve with a Ja'Mar Chase.