Training Camp Discussion

Watching the first episode of Hard Knocks Detroit Lions its crazy how intense and how often Dan Campbell has that team doing full contact work.

Very different to how Vrabel handles practice by limiting full contact sessions to mainly rookies/young players in the early part of camp while sparing veterans unnecessary hits.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

FWIW PK thinks Petit-Frere will be the starting RT this year, he also mentioned he thought Swaim could be TE#4 behind both Okonkwo and Hudson.

PK said Petit-Frere has had quality reps vs Landry and Walker and was noticeably more physical than Radnuz. I don't care if he wins the job as long as he takes it and it's not because Radnuz is bad. Either way it sounds like they'll have a decent swing OT. 

Ranking the TEs is stupid, Swaim is an inline blocker, Chig plays a completely different role. I've heard a few people mention Hudson being ahead of Swaim, I'll believe it when I see it. They paid Swaim and I think Covid effected him early last year. 

47 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

PK said Petit-Frere has had quality reps vs Landry and Walker and was noticeably more physical than Radnuz. I don't care if he wins the job as long as he takes it and it's not because Radnuz is bad. Either way it sounds like they'll have a decent swing OT. 

Ranking the TEs is stupid, Swaim is an inline blocker, Chig plays a completely different role. I've heard a few people mention Hudson being ahead of Swaim, I'll believe it when I see it. They paid Swaim and I think Covid effected him early last year. 

Hudson has more upside as a blocker but can’t seem to stay healthy to save his life. 

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

We just needed a QB who can complete passes when our run-first style gets WRs wide open. 

Talk about a stupid take. Our receivers get some of the least separation in the NFL the past 3 years lol. 

It's a true statement. Does it always happen? No. But when it does, you want a receiver that can beat one on one coverage and get YAC. Which is why we draft bigger receivers.

At our peak we had a big play offense based on this.

22 hours ago, scine09 said:

How'd I know that was coming?

And, no, I don't look at this as a trap game just like I didn't look at Arizona as a trap game.  It just drives me nuts when fans who should know better look at a game and think it should be an easy win.

There is no such thing as an easy win in the NFL but... this is the largest talent gap the Titans face all year and is their home opener.  

16 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Guilty as charged but unlike most of you, I usually enjoy my back and forths with big, even when we frustrate each other. Helps pass the time.

I'm fine with that stuff in the offseason but now there is football back and these sidebars are clogging up the best current thread about training camp.  I've had big, logicals and all the trolls on ignore since the beginning of training camp.  Really cuts down on the trash posts so I can read the content that is actually worthwhile without wasting my time on emotional drivel.  

Tabloid season is over.