Training Camp Discussion

52 minutes ago, big2033 said:

What are you talking about. Of course he could be used in that way. But that wasn't why he was drafted. Which is what was inferred. There's nothing to backtrack. 

And we have ‘the backtrack….’

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The forum has been trolled by Davenport!    

Posted Images

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

What the Titans knew was the offensive supporting cast was the problem last year, so they went out and improved the talent around him. I have little doubt Tannehill will play at a very high level this season. 

I think he'll be much improved and a lot of that will be because of a healthier supporting cast and coach Kelly. 

Inexperience at receiver and a weak LG spot could really fuck up several games though. 

2 minutes ago, japan said:

And we have ‘the backtrack….’

Don't make shit up. Show me where I clearly said he could never be used in that capacity.

If not you're flat out lying. Which I would say is beneath you but I always get you guys to act next level crazy so it's not shocking.

9 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Don't make shit up. Show me where I clearly said he could never be used in that capacity.

If not you're flat out lying. Which I would say is beneath you but I always get you guys to act next level crazy so it's not shocking.

You’re the guy who flipped his lid when people brought up that he was a flier as a 3rd rounder wasn’t necessarily viewed as the heir-apparent to Tannehill but could and would be used in short yardage packages or a gadget player in year one. Go back and look at your thread ‘Malik Willis Represents Hope.’ Lol

2 minutes ago, japan said:

You’re the guy who flipped his lid when people brought up that he was a flier as a 3rd rounder wasn’t necessarily viewed as the heir-apparent to Tannehill but could and would be used in short yardage packages or a gadget player in year one. Go back and look at your thread ‘Malik Willis Represents Hope.’ Lol

Nah, dont sidetrack prove it … 

36 minutes ago, logicals said:

A lot of times, yes. They do get mundane.

But there is quite a bit of good conversation too.

- Threads about individual position matchups and how they can play out.

- Threads about fantasy football and who to pick.

- Threads about analytics and trends.

- Threads about the current NFL draft.

- Threads about the next NFL draft and players to watch out for.

- Threads about trade scenarios that would never happen but are fun.

- Threads about news around the NFL.

- Threads about rumors.

- Threads about where players are right now, what event they're in, what they said, etc.

I think its mainly the result of a lot more members which results in a lot more opinions and pushes conversations further. For example, this forum has 2,920 members. One of the Bills forums has 21,186 users, and another Bills forum has 22,563 (that's the one I operate). They're both close to 10x bigger than TR.

It also helps that at other forums the threads aren't constantly merged into one gigantic disaster of a thread that you can't ever find a post you made in the muck of 200 pages.

I honestly do enjoy the tight-nittness(?) of this forum though.

It's all a matter of personal preference, ultimately.  This site has a forum for the Draft, Fantasy Football, and other related specific topics.  I never go to the college part of this site.  I just started looking at the fantasy section.  

Many of the topics you posted really don't matter.  Offseason/preseason hype is mostly a waste of time.  Last year there was a ton of hype on some WR... Rogers?  And I don't think he played much at all during the regular season.  Fantasy football is a huge crap-shoot.  Oh, it is all fun, but it isn't for everyone.  

To me, what you described is like having 300+ channels on cable TV.  A shit-load of options but I really only care about 5-10 channels.  

2 hours ago, big2033 said:

Hahahaha and there we have it. You're too attached to Tannehill guys. Let it go. Let things play out. And let the rookie shine when he shines.  And let people want the rookie to eventually be better than Tannehill.

I mean ... it's why he was drafted. We have a good scouting staff here ... 

I 100% know it's not about Willis. Thank you for proving my point. 

In the meantime, lets hope Tannehill can have a 2020 season.

I'm not the one doing this. You are. All I've done is be honest about what I think of him as a player.  That's it. The rest of the dramatics come from you.

Do you think he was DRAFTED BY THE TITANS FOR THAT REASON - unlike a Woodside.

I'm not asking whether or not he has the talent. The chances are def. lower for a 3rd round QB. 

Long term? Idk. Drafted to be a back up? Yup.

Do you think he was DRAFTED BY THE TITANS FOR THAT REASON - unlike a Woodside.

I'm not asking whether or not he has the talent. The chances are def. lower for a 3rd round QB. 

Now have some balls and stand for something. Is Willis the starter in  Tennessee next season? Yes or no?

35 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

So you think we spent a 3rd round pick hoping for a future backup?

Edited by big2033

23 minutes ago, rns90 said:

😂 @Mythos27 Getting sucked into arguing with big for multiple pages.

It's not that hard for most people to admit that the took a flyer on a kid (whom they also brought in on a top 30 visits) who they thought had traits and hoped that he may develop into a starting caliber qb later on.  They took a lotto ticket style shot here,  It didn't cost them a first rounder.  If it fails, it fails.  

And no one should be surprised that he has struggled a bit during TC.  This was all in the pre draft reports/the tape on him.  No one is rooting for failure.  But they are not suprised given that he has a lot to work on.

Guilty as charged but unlike most of you, I usually enjoy my back and forths with big, even when we frustrate each other. Helps pass the time.

40 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

What have you stood for? This didn't answer my question. And if you truly don't know the answer, then accept those who have the "BALLS" to stand and say everything says he was drafted to take a shot on improving the QB position that has struggled in the playoffs.

If you don't have an answer, then respect other people's answer instead of getting mad about it. 

39 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Now have some balls and stand for something. Is Willis the starter in  Tennessee next season? Yes or no?

So i'll give you your answer? Right now, he's a backup. Long term Idk.

He was drafted in hopes he'd eventually improve the position though. Or there'd be no logical reason to draft him at all.

Edited by big2033