Training Camp Discussion

46 minutes ago, tgo said:

LG is a problem. 

It may end up being fine against some teams in the zone run game, but he is not going to hold up game after game against the pass rush. 

The current guards are very athletic, probably the most athletic guard combo in the league - but they are also the smallest combo and it doesn't seem like a great idea. 

Going after Ereck Flowers would seem like a good bet if the character/work ethic/fit check out. 

With Teven Jenkins on the trade market - it would be good explore him as an option at guard. 

It was only one day but it was widely reported that the OL really struggled today.

- Mike Keith mentioned they struggled with Landry's speed off the edge.

- Others reported they got no push in the interior and multiple run plays were stuffed in the backfield

- One of the few positive run plays today was Haskins running behind Radunz at RT (this was mentioned by Vrabel)

Not expecting any moves from JRob yet think they are waiting to give this retooled OL some time to build, the way they perform in the joint practices against the Bucs will be a good test to whether its time to dip into the veteran FA market.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The forum has been trolled by Davenport!    

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Bongo59 said:

This rookie class might be the best in TN history.  99 and 19 top the list but I see 5 guys who are starters and there are going to play a lot early. 

Thanks for the info. Player # 19 is that a typo?

14 minutes ago, TerryBoats said:

1999 and 2019 were the best draft classes

Haskins looks pretty quick, I wonder if he dropped some weight

It actually looks like the video is sped up a little.. if that’s real time then he looks really impressive.

41 minutes ago, XAEA12 said:

It actually looks like the video is sped up a little.. if that’s real time then he looks really impressive.

If you don't watch him and just watch the coaches and other players and stuff in the background it looks normal speed to me.

10 hours ago, Starkiller said:

In the end, skill is always going to be more important than measurables. Sure, he might not have the same potential ceiling as he could’ve had with better height or longer arms, but the guy can play.

Yep. I didn't know who he was when we drafted him but spent a bit of time watching his tape. He has some of the most fluid hips of anyone in the game and is a guy that is essentially a plus type Butler corner coming out of college. He'll draw some flags early on until he learns how they're going to call them against him, but his shadow technique is excellent and he has just enough deep speed to stay with almost any WR he's going to face. 

8 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Fitzpatrick rarely seems to make plays when practice turns to team periods.

The slant up and corner route he ran last year was as bad as it gets. Tannehill threw in traffic for sure, but he was right there and not only cut off the route but proceeded to let the DB eat him up for the interception. I think that was the Texans game. It was brutal to watch a WR get destroyed like that. 

6 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Kyles Phillips is disgusting with the ball in his hands. Every WR screen this season should go to him or Burks. That's it.

Chig will get some looks on the throwback type plays. And he should. The guy is going to be a weapon in the short passing game and hopefully down the seams and in the redzone. 

1 hour ago, TerryBoats said:

1999 and 2019 were the best draft classes

Haskins looks pretty quick, I wonder if he dropped some weight

I've said since he was drafted he has the exact same style as LeVeon Bell and should drop weight like he did. He will never have long speed, but he has excellent vision and patience and is really adept at breaking arm tackles without losing momentum. 

11 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Noticed that a Titans fan mentioned that John Glennon deleted a tweet from today that had pointed out Burks was lining up in the backfield during practice today (Titans PR must of got onto him)

Makes sense.  Burks did quite a bit of that at Arkansas and I'm pretty sure Tim Kelly did some of that with the Texans as well.  Burks has potential to be a huge weapon for them, even as a rookie, if they use him the right way.  

10 hours ago, Supernope said:

Whatever it takes to get more run plays in this offense!

It's a different type of run that defenses have to prepare for and it also helps preserve Henry for later in the year.  Burks is a big strong fast kid that will make some explosive plays.  I'm all for it.  

5 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I've said since he was drafted he has the exact same style as LeVeon Bell and should drop weight like he did. He will never have long speed, but he has excellent vision and patience and is really adept at breaking arm tackles without losing momentum. 

Having a legit backup running back who can save some tread on Henry or step in if he goes down for a week or two but still let the Titans run their offense is so big.  Hopefully, he's as explosive as Foreman was last year but without the fumbles.  I'm rooting for the kid but I had high hopes for Darryington Evans too and he was a disaster so who knows.