Training Camp Discussion

A bit of Titans training camp news around today

- Joint practice against the Bucs kicks off on the 17th August

- Joint practice against the Cardinals starts on the 24th of August

The team also released the "open" to the public camp schedule which is only 2 practices at STSP and none at Nissan Stadium (according to Jim Wyatt on twitter today), honestly can't blame a lot of fans being extremely disappointed at missing out on the opportunity to watch the team practice this year.

The Titans have far and away the least amount of open practices in the league this year, with the massive extension to the facility at STSP not sure if the volume of open practices will ever return.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jamalisms said:

I wish they had no open practices. Gotta keep those early down runs close to the vest or opponents might start being able to predict things.

Or the roll out. Sheer, unpredictable genius

1 hour ago, Jamalisms said:

I wish they had no open practices. Gotta keep those early down runs close to the vest or opponents might start being able to predict things.

That's funny!  I used to go all the time when they practiced at TSU.  I watched them run a play for Eddie all the time.  Then in a games, they ran it and it looked just like it did in practice.

This might be the deepest DL in Titan history.  I think some of the guys they cut might start on other teams this year.  If they all stay healthy I could see a trade happen.  

27 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

This might be the deepest DL in Titan history.  I think some of the guys they cut might start on other teams this year.  If they all stay healthy I could see a trade happen.  

Seems hyperbolic. 

I could see them trading a depth DL guy for something rather than just letting them walk. I don’t know about our cuts being starters elsewhere, but depth is valuable to every team.

I mean, let’s say Hand, Murch, and Peavy all look good in camp/preseason but really they can only keep 1 of them on the 53. They might try to sneak one of them onto the PS, but why not trade one instead of just losing him for nothing? There’s value there because teams are always looking for DL depth.

Edited by Starkiller

On 7/18/2022 at 5:11 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The Titans have far and away the least amount of open practices in the league this year, with the massive extension to the facility at STSP not sure if the volume of open practices will ever return.

Won’t they return when the ‘massive extension to the facility’ is complete? I doubt they never return. 

5 minutes ago, japan said:

Won’t they return when the ‘massive extension to the facility’ is complete? I doubt they never return. 

The new facility is basically complete, the issue now is there is basically no room around the first and second practice fields and also parking is a massive issue.

The only place fans can be placed is way over on the far side line of the 3rd field.