JRob Q&A on the OTP

Last season, the offense was a complete mess. It's a miracle that we managed to be 1st in AFC. And the media still hype up the Colts and predict them to win the AFC South. It pisses me so much, I would go that far and say that if we would win 3 SB in a row, the Colts would be again ahead of us in projections. It's insanity. And that case is in Croatia also. They are talking about us like we are damn Jags. Zero attention for the Titans and hype the Colts every offseason, screw them all

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wide ranging spectrum of questions and topics JRob addressed on this weeks episode of the OTP.   - Touched on just how bad things really were when he first took over   - How his jo

Robinson talked about the TE offense, it's pretty clear they plan on playing a lot more 12 and 13 personnel than last year. There hasn't been enough talk about the upgrade at TE. 

The mistake is not looking at the skill people in totality.   Woods, Burks, Phillips, NWI, Hooper, Chig...... is better than last season's skill people, even without Brown, who only played h

20 minutes ago, croatian22 said:

Last season, the offense was a complete mess. It's a miracle that we managed to be 1st in AFC. And the media still hype up the Colts and predict them to win the AFC South. It pisses me so much, I would go that far and say that if we would win 3 SB in a row, the Colts would be again ahead of us in projections. It's insanity. And that case is in Croatia also. They are talking about us like we are damn Jags. Zero attention for the Titans and hype the Colts every offseason, screw them all

The Titans lost a true #1 WR and his potential replacement can't even go outside, much less practice.  The teams #2 WR is currently 7 months removed from an ACL tear. The all league RB is coming off a foot injury and was ineffective the last time he played in addition to being near the career decline point for the position. Then there are two new starters on the OL that no knows how they will perform.

There is reason to be concerned about this offense

19 minutes ago, ctm said:

The Titans lost a true #1 WR and his potential replacement can't even go outside, much less practice.  The teams #2 WR is currently 7 months removed from an ACL tear. The all league RB is coming off a foot injury and was ineffective the last time he played in addition to being near the career decline point for the position. Then there are two new starters on the OL that no knows how they will perform.

There's a long history to the thinking WR is the second most important position on offense, and it's rarely accurate.

If you wanna shit on the Titans the shit on their OL, but let's not cry about WRs.

1 hour ago, ctm said:

As you say, it's incredibly easy to make an argument against the Titans. It's also easy to assume the Colts will be better without Wentz at QB ... especially considering that they have a QB who is often still held in higher esteem than Tannehill (just refer to the rankings that other long thread is discussing). People keep whining about it but it's not an unreasonable position to think the Colts might win the division.

At the same time, Wentz was supposed to be an improvement at quarterback last year and the Titans had no tight ends and injury prone wide receivers and they still won. It's reasonable for fans to expect the Titans to be as good or maybe even better, even if the record isn't quite the same, and for them to feel the Colts to need to prove it instead of getting the benefit of the doubt year after year.

Neither argument is overly unreasonable. Probably the biggest issue is that everyone picks the Colts and nobody picks the Titans. At that point I think it's pretty easy to suspect that the Titans being a small fanbase plays into things where networks and prognasticators avoid hyping them because they're trying to sell a product.

2 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

they're trying to sell a product.

They are trying to sell a product.  People will see Indy(Peyton Manning) and click it.  Remember when the Oilers moved to TN, then changed the team name to the Titans.  The game BROADCAST CREWS still called them the Oilers forever.  TDGAS about anything but ratings and clicks.

The Titans have to win a SB or two.  Sad truth.  We had a QB who could attract us a whole bunch of fans.  The only problem is he couldn't play.  Can you imagine the fans he would have drawn if he was still QB'n this run?  This year got worse.  The King broke his foot.  Tanny threw three(3) picks knocking us out of the SB.  That was one of the few times national fans where really tuned in to see the big bad Titans.  Next time we hit the news, our diva declares "I am done with this shit, I wanna win a SB" as he deplanes to catch passes from Jalen Hurts.  LMAO!

Most Popular NFL Team in Each State  Before you click, guess how many states we won.

Edited by Number9
spelin

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

The mistake is not looking at the skill people in totality.

Woods, Burks, Phillips, NWI, Hooper, Chig...... is better than last season's skill people, even without Brown, who only played half the snaps anyway.

Yes, while the WR group are a huge step down from the theoretical pairing of Jones and Brown, Hooper and Chig are an upgrade.

I still think it doesn't matter as much as the turnstile OL, or a full strength DL.  Titans offense could be just as bad as last year but if the defense is feeling it, this team could be even better.

20 hours ago, ctm said:

There is also reason to be excited for the offense. The additions of Chig and Hooper look like they could be monumental considering the TE position last year. 

they also retained Hilliard who showed some explosion and big play ability, and added Hassan who looks to be at least a consistent poor man’s Henry. 

The OL could still be a concern, but we won’t really know until they get out there and play. Hopefully Lewan is close to 100%. 

Just wanted to contrast your bad with the potential good. 

I'm concerned about Burks.  I don't think he has to replace AJB's totals which weren't record shattering, but he does have to suit up on Sundays.  If he can catch a few balls and stay on the field we are way ahead.  Average 60yds per game and he catches AJB's yardage.  He's maybe not a yac man, but he can catch the ball.

Was he practicing everyday the last few years?  It's hot here, but I think AR would be hotter than TN.  Have they ever addressed his practice habits @AR?

1 hour ago, BudsOilers said:

What cracks me up is people constantly getting upset about the national media coverage and predictions.  News flash - a rather large percentage of these people are complete morons and are consistently having simpleton takeaways and being wrong in predictions.

I enjoy the weekly hilariously ill-informed Titans takes from those two PFF clowns Eric Eager and George Chahrouri.

Those clowns are only a couple of weeks ago from declaring the Jags a better team than the Titans.

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I enjoy the weekly hilariously ill-informed Titans takes from those two PFF clowns Eric Eager and George Chahrouri.

They are def the worst

12 hours ago, pat said:

Yes, while the WR group are a huge step down from the theoretical pairing of Jones and Brown, Hooper and Chig are an upgrade.

I still think it doesn't matter as much as the turnstile OL, or a full strength DL.  Titans offense could be just as bad as last year but if the defense is feeling it, this team could be even better.

They can run PA off of the 2 TE sets and hit more seam routes and whatnot.  They could not do that last year due to the lack of TE and the OL blocking issues.  

And honestly, I'm not sure the OL can play any worse than last year, so even if there are growing pains (especially early on), I expect them to be at least avg by the end of the year.