Titans Hire Bishop Sankey

tgo

46 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

Where is it factually incorrect.  Try addressing what I say, rather than attempting (lamely, I might add) to attack me because you disagree.

Wait....you probably need me to break this down for you...

Vrabel began coaching under Urban Meyer..the same Urban Meyer that was so amazing in Jacksonville last year, kicking his players, treating them like dirt, and not returning with the team after a loss because he wanted to go cheat on his wife.

After he learned everything he could there, he moved under Bill O'Brien with the Texans, where he started as LBers coach and eventually moved to DC.  With premier players like Watt, Clowney, and Mercilus in their prime, he produced very average defenses. 

Then he was hired as our head coach, where he promised to take us from good to great, and not run into stacked boxes like our previous staff had done. 

But hey, Coach of the Year, right?

Urban Meyer went undefeated with 3 different colleges. Whether you like him or not, he's one of the greatest college coaches EVER. Vrabel promised to be much more aggressive than our previous coaches, which he has. Sometimes it has paid off and other times it has bitten us in the ass. See Chargers game in London or even the Bengals game last year by not kicking the extra point. Is he the greatest coach in the league? No, but he's consistently put us in a position to compete for a ring. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does this count as a draft pick still on the team for Webster?

Good for Sankey.  Hope he has better success as a scout than he did as a RB.  

I still remember Googling him on draft day CAUSE I DIDNT FUCKING KNOW WHO HE WAS

56 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

Where is it factually incorrect.  Try addressing what I say, rather than attempting (lamely, I might add) to attack me because you disagree.

Vrabel began coaching under Urban Meyer..the same Urban Meyer that was so amazing in Jacksonville last year, kicking his players, treating them like dirt, and not returning with the team after a loss because he wanted to go cheat on his wife.

After he learned everything he could there, he moved under Bill O'Brien with the Texans, where he started as LBers coach and eventually moved to DC.  With premier players like Watt, Clowney, and Mercilus in their prime, he produced very average defenses. 

Then he was hired as our head coach, where he promised to take us from good to great, and not run into stacked boxes like our previous staff had done. 

We get it.  You don't like Vrabel.  Him talking to prospective coaching prospects shouldn't need a tirade about him learning from dirty coaches and being a POS, etc...etc....ad nauseum.... You'll convince us that he's a shitty coach eventually Iowa...

Edited by japan

45 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

Coach of the year is right.  

let’s look at his achievements 

- Since his debut as a HC in 2019 he has not had one losing season

- His overall W/L record is 41-24 in the RS for a .631 Win %

- 2-3 in the Playoffs for a .400 W/L record and one could argue if not for RT shitting the bed this year that he would at minimum be 3-3 and .500 in playoff football. 

- Has made the playoffs every year as a HC

- Finished as the #1 seed this year

- ‘22 NFL Coach Of The Year

- 2x AFC South Champion

Prior to becoming the Titans head coach this team had made the playoffs only once in the 2010-2018 seasons with 1 playoff win over the chiefs thanks to a fluke Mariota TD pass to himself then proceeded to get blown out the following week. Don’t even ask me what the W/L record was prior to Vrabel becoming HC. I’ll let you in on a secret. It was something atrocious on par with the Cleveland Browns when Hue Jackson was their HC

- 2 of his coordinators went on to become HC’s in Matt Lafleur and Arthur Smith of which Lafleur has made the NFCCG twice and hasn’t finished worse than 13-3 in any of his seasons as HC

- Titans have also gained compensatory picks in the 2020, 2021, and 2022 nfl drafts and appears to have gained some for the 2023 NFL draft when before Vrabel they had only mustered 2 comp picks since 2010 (maybe more of a reflection on the GM but still they needed quality coaching too)

- Last but not least Vrabel took the Titans from “good to great” simply by making them a winning team, division winner, and in talks to be in the super bowl each year since his 2019 debut when they went to the AFCCG and knocked off the Patriots on the road and the Ravens on the road only to fall short to the Chiefs after leading 17-7 midway through the second quarter. 

remind me how close Mularkey came to any of this, or Munch, Wisenhunt, and Fisher in his last 7 years as HC in TN and 11 years total as HC of TN and LA (who only had three winning seasons in 07, 08, and 09, and none since) 

Vrabel vs Fisher as the Titans best HC is a solid debate to be had considering the wide body of work Fisher accomplished while moving from TX to TN and coaching through the VY debacle x2 in the 08 and ‘10 seasons

still I give Vrabel the nod as the better HC so far into his career when matching up against Fisher

9 minutes ago, TitanPoke said:

Urban Meyer went undefeated with 3 different colleges. Whether you like him or not, he's one of the greatest college coaches EVER. Vrabel promised to be much more aggressive than our previous coaches, which he has. Sometimes it has paid off and other times it has bitten us in the ass. See Chargers game in London or even the Bengals game last year by not kicking the extra point. Is he the greatest coach in the league? No, but he's consistently put us in a position to compete for a ring. 

Co not kicking an extra point or going for the win vs. tie is aggressive, but running the ball more, especially on first down is far more conservative.  At best, it's a wash.

We were competing for a ring one year, and that was three years ago.  We haven't been close to a legit contender, regardless of how many wins we rack up in the regular season against the worst teams in the league.

5 minutes ago, japan said:

We get it.  You don't like Vrabel.  Him talking to prospective coaching prospects shouldn't need a tirade about him learning from dirty coaches and being a POS, etc...etc....ad nauseum.... You'll convince us that he's a shitty coach eventually Iowa...

I figured you couldn't do it. 

32 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

That's all I need to read to know how fucking stupid the rest is.  Stick to the 49ers, kiddo.

Nah

take your hater blindfolds off

Fisher can thank AH and KC for the 08 run and VY for saving his job in 06 and 09 and also McNair for the 02-04 stretch. Prior to that he was never better than 8-8 and only won a playoff game in 99 thanks to Alan Lowry and the music city miracle. His run run pass punt shtick almost prevented the Titans making their run on house money in 99 and he failed to do anything more then that with much better teams. He couldn’t build a team or draft to save his life. 

taking Pac-Man over Rogers in 05 as his first GM move is exactly how his coaching career should be summed up. Missing on the long game but every now and again having a splash season here or there that kept him alive. 

remember the entire team damn near hated him at the end. 

I mean cmon. Let’s not go over the Moss and Britt playing the same position bullshit again, or his belief in players like Shad Thomas and Lamont Thompson or Ben Troupe!

those kindle players don’t even make it one full season if even onto the roster under Vrabel watch. Closest we got was Taylor or Wilson and neither lasted their first year in town. 

but hey go ahead and cling to the McMath and Fitzpatrick selections that Vrabel seems to like. At least they have improved each day since becoming Titans and at worst we will have a stud Gunner and quality #4 WR

47 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

Co not kicking an extra point or going for the win vs. tie is aggressive, but running the ball more, especially on first down is far more conservative.  At best, it's a wash.

We were competing for a ring one year, and that was three years ago.  We haven't been close to a legit contender, regardless of how many wins we rack up in the regular season against the worst teams in the league.

I figured you couldn't do it. 

Actually no 3 years ago we were competing for .500 and our HC made the ballsy decision to bench the starting QB who had the respect of the entire team and fan base in favor of a QB who would get more out of the offense and result team. That one lone move resulted in a playoff push and AFCCG appearance that never happens if Vrabel doesn’t flex some nuts and make the hard decision. 

2020 was a Super Bowl push but let’s not forget why that didn’t happen. Injuries, Covid, and yes the HC’s inability to be the HC and de facto DC all in one. 

2021 was a Super Bowl push and showed the kind of growth and maturity we haven’t seen in decades from a HC with the shake up of the entire secondary, OLB’s, and DC duties by demoting himself and promoting Bowen which proved to be monumental in addition to a defensive scheme change switching to more press man and 4 man rushes and incorporation of stunts along the DL which were not present the year before. Vrabel completely stepped back and gave the keys to Bowen but also made sure he had a qualified mentor at his side in Schwartz instead of himself and switched to focusing on being the HC and doing what’s best for the team. When exactly did Fisher do this? Oh. Thats right. Never. 

We likely make the SB and if playing the Rams likely whoop their ass again and you know it just as well as I know it. Vrabel isn’t to blame for that loss. You can blame Foreman for fumbling in the red zone or the starting QB for throwing an INT on the games opening drive, and throwing INT’s on the games first drive of the second half and also the last drive of the game when we just needed a FG to advance to the AFCCG. 

the 4th down call and going for the 2 can only be debated due to 3 interceptions and 2 fumbles lost which resulted in 5 drives that resulted in nothing and at minimum should’ve been a 10-0 swing. And go ahead and ignore those 10 defensive sacks and shutting down arguably the leagues hottest offense when it counted and holding them to 16 total points. Yeah. Fucking Vrabel sucks man…

30 other nfl teams wish they had a HC that would be as self aware and flexible and knowledgeable as Vrabel. Let alone as good as he is when it comes to situational football and the nuances and small parts of the game that even make Belichik look average when put on display. 

go ahead and point out the Jets and Cardinal losses though and that one loss to the Texans. Just don’t forget that stretch of beating the Bills, Rams, Chiefs, Colts, and wins over teams like the 49ers and winning the division with 80+ players having gone onto IR over the span of the season. 

Not to mention we finished with the #1 seed this year after playing 10+ games without our focal point on offense in Henry, and with starting WR’s consisting of Kevin Hogan, Dez Fitzpatrick, NWI, and Racey McMath for a solid 5-7 games while praying Golden Tate could come off the PS or that Julio’s hamstring wouldn’t snap after one route, and that AJB didn’t have the chipotle shits or lingering knee issue. All the while the team lost starter after starter and backup after backup to the tune of 80+ players on IR and at the end the only time the starting unit out of TC played together was in week 19 in the divisional round and that was on both sides of the ball. 

somehow beating the Bills, Rams, Chiefs consecutively with Jenkins, Molden, Skrine, Mabin, M. Farley, Cruikshank, Byard, Hooker as the only players in the secondary was a miracle. 

seriously when Tf did Fisher do anything close to that in a single season? The year the team played home games at Vanderbilt? Or was it the year EG and his 3.0 ypc average on 300+ carries for 922 yards damn near held us back from ever knowing McNair could pass the football in spite of Fisher refusing to allow it to happen without Dinger forcing the change in philosophy?

If only Chris Brown stayed healthy I doubt McNair ever airs it out again! Hell, I bet Fisher wanted Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams, or Cedric Benson as the teams next battery ram for the rest of the 00’s but damn that Pac-Man Jones and his script club shoot em up bullshit. Still though… Should’ve taken Antrell Rolle at 5 or better yet a HOF QB in Rogers who paired with Dinger or dare I say Norm Chow even would’ve been the correct move, and most likely the end of the Fisher era. 

This team likely has a SB with Schwartz as the HC and Rogers the QB going from 05 to 10 and most likely would’ve still had the same defense fielded with the exception of Rogers/Schwartz over Young/Collins/Fisher. That’s the way this team should have went. 

either way it doesn’t matter bc as soon as Vrabel wins the big one here it’ll be even more the fun listening to your bullshit fact-fictional opinions that nobody agrees with and thinks are right up there with Logicals best post

To this day, with all the other RB's on the board, no idea why they took this guy.  The only thing I remember about him is that UW used him a lot in 2013 and he had a lot of 5-7 yard runs.  I know there was some mention about his pass catching ability but I don't remember him doing much of that outside of screens.

5 minutes ago, rns90 said:

To this day, with all the other RB's on the board, no idea why they took this guy.  The only thing I remember about him is that UW used him a lot in 2013 and he had a lot of 5-7 yard runs.  I know there was some mention about his pass catching ability but I don't remember him doing much of that outside of screens.

I remember someone called him a poor man's Emmitt Smith. I think it may have been Cyrus.

Everyone thought Carlos Hyde was going to be the first back off the board toward the beginning of the round and we'd have no shot at him. When Hyde made it to us I thought it was forgone that we'd take him. Ruston Webster said "hold my cock."

36 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I remember someone called him a poor man's Emmitt Smith. I think it may have been Cyrus.

Everyone thought Carlos Hyde was going to be the first back off the board toward the beginning of the round and we'd have no shot at him. When Hyde made it to us I thought it was forgone that we'd take him. Ruston Webster said "hold my cock."

I wanted them to draft Jeremy Hill the LSU, RB.  He ended up being a disappointment but not a total waste of snaps like Stankey.

199 carries 762 yards 3tds in 2 years in the league.  Bravo, Ruston, a helluva pick.

1 hour ago, rns90 said:

I wanted them to draft Jeremy Hill the LSU, RB.  He ended up being a disappointment but not a total waste of snaps like Stankey.

199 carries 762 yards 3tds in 2 years in the league.  Bravo, Ruston, a helluva pick.

In hindsight it was a terrible RB class at the top.