Dotson would have been the pick had it been there

Jahan Dotson is a legit weapon. There's no other way to say it: Jahan Dotson has been electric this offseason.

From the first time he stepped on the field during rookie minicamp, Dotson has been one of the Commanders’ best offensive players. All the traits that enticed Washington to draft him -- specifically his route-running and hands -- have been on full display, and he's received heaps of praise from Wentz for it.

"He's awesome," Wentz said. "He's a quiet kid, young kid, but he's a hard worker. He's smart, he's instinctual. He catches the football as natural as anybody I've been around, just how natural he plucks it out of the air."

Dotson was one of Wentz's favorite targets during OTAs and minicamp, and it was easy to see why. Dotson had a habit of being open with rookie and veteran defensive backs alike being left trailing him.

It's also clear to offensive coordinator Scott Turner that getting first team reps is "not to big for him."

"He's playing fast," Turner said. "He's consistently getting separation; he's catching the ball. He doesn't say a lot. He just kind of comes out here and works, which is good."

Granted, practicing well in June does not equal to balling out during the season, but it is a good sign that the rookie is heading in the right direction.

https://www.commanders.com/news/washington-commanders-offseason-takeaways

Edited by 9 Nines

• 9 Nines changed the title to Dotson would have been the pick had it been there
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does nines own this guy in a fantasy league or something?

I wouldn't be shocked....we have a long history of getting the WR that we're truly wanting snatched right in front of us as we panic and draft a random dipshit with "a ton of upside."

I'd bet money on it.   I'd also bet money on half that league raging and whining about it because their skin is thinner than AJ Brown's.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

I wouldn't be shocked....we have a long history of getting the WR that we're truly wanting snatched right in front of us as we panic and draft a random dipshit with "a ton of upside."

Treylon Burks?

15 minutes ago, ctm said:

He's the guy I wanted but nothing in this thread shows that JRob would have taken him over Burks.

If the AJB trade Dosent happen Burks goes to GB. Who knows what Jrob would have done with their initial first.

In other news, Chris Olave would have been the pick had it been there 🤷‍♂️. Pretty sure this could be debated every year with every pick. 

19 hours ago, TheBukafax said:

If the AJB trade Dosent happen Burks goes to GB. Who knows what Jrob would have done with their initial first.

Assuming they couldn't trade up for Tyler Smith, maybe Christian Watson?  Or maybe they trade down?  Looking at the players that went between 26 and 35.  Not many of them would have been taken by TEN at 26.

12 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

I'd bet money on it.

I'd also bet money on half that league raging and whining about it because their skin is thinner than AJ Brown's.

But who's whinier? The whiners whining about the AI bot or the whiners whining about the whiners?