NFL Will "Probably" Seek 1-Year Suspension for Deshaun Watson

Jonboy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You forgot to mention that Vrabel runs the ball too much! 

Would this be retroactive to last year, or another year he can't play.   He might be a sleeze, but two years for nothing illegal while owners do it without issue, and Raplesberger got a wris

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

Would this be retroactive to last year, or another year he can't play.

He might be a sleeze, but two years for nothing illegal while owners do it without issue, and Raplesberger got a wrist-slap for 3 rapes....seems a bit unfair. 

Last year was his own choosing to sit out due to issues with the Texans and McNair, right?

40 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

Would this be retroactive to last year, or another year he can't play.

He might be a sleeze, but two years for nothing illegal while owners do it without issue, and Raplesberger got a wrist-slap for 3 rapes....seems a bit unfair. 

No reason to think it would be retroactive. He refused to play last year. I assume it would mean the 2022 season.

Edited by Starkiller

4 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Last year was his own choosing to sit out due to issues with the Texans and McNair, right?

I'd call it an unofficial suspension. Ultimately, iirc, he agreed not to put up a stink when they "mysteriously" decided not to have him play.

17 minutes ago, tgo said:

He demanded a trade and then refused to play until he was traded, before the whole legal fiasco came to light. 

yep. which is why I think the Texans are the ones who leaked the story to begin with and got the whole ball rolling. They knew what he was doing and chose to ignore it until he decided he didnt want to play for them anymore. 

18 minutes ago, tgo said:

He demanded a trade and then refused to play until he was traded, before the whole legal fiasco came to light. 

Oh damn, I just googled it and I had forgotten the timeline of his trade demand. I always thought it came after but there were reports as far back as January 2021 that he wanted traded.

I wonder how that aligns with initial investigations, legal conversations and stuff. He had to have known before March but how early?

Just now, heyitsmeallen said:

yep. which is why I think the Texans are the ones who leaked the story to begin with. They knew what he was doing and chose to ignore it until he decided he didnt want to play for them anymore. 

Better hope there's no strong emails on that if they get included as a defendant and discovery starts taking place.

5 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Better hope there's no strong emails on that if they get included as a defendant and discovery starts taking place.

You would think that you wouldn't have discussions like that over email for that exact reason. Of course, we know that many people are too stupid to realize that.