Mini Camp News and Discussion

Woods is gonna be fine. Just because one player took 13 months doesn’t mean much. Average recovery time now is 9 months. Some guys take longer and some guys are full bore but all indications are he’s on track. No reason to make more of it than it is. 

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reading through today's practice reports it looks like Chig Okonkwo was the star of the day.    

This kid might be pretty good

Posted Images

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

He's obv paid by the team but you can tell when he's telling you something of real merit without actually saying it 

Yes he's pretty easy to read on things that won't ever go into detail about publicly but honestly his best stuff is reflective where he's more open.  Like going on about how the coaches broke down film with him showing how the offense didn't change at all with the QB switch and it simply was Mariota not executing properly whereas Tannehill did.

7 hours ago, rns90 said:

I had no idea this guy was such a quack.

Found this and it's very Bongo-esque (and too long to list all the bad medical stuff); it also left out the Junior Seau stuff.

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2013/4/22/4251626/san-diego-chargers-doctor-david-chao-has-chaotic-past

At least he's harmless in this role.

On 6/14/2022 at 9:45 PM, AvgJoe said:

I’ve wondered the same thing. After I had it, the one thing I couldn’t kick for the longest time was a brain fog. It felt like for months I couldn’t focus on things and just felt very absent-minded which is not my norm. For a QB, if he experienced that it could have had a major impact. 

Me too. I had it twice and I still feel the effects.

I had a very mild case last month.. it effected my conditioning some, but more significantly it effected my heat tolerance.. that’s primarily because the virus acts like an ACE inhibitor ( a blood pressure drug) and keeps you dilated for weeks to months.. I can’t imagine trying to play or workout til that resolves

FWIW Vrabel today on the OTP said Josh Malone has put himself in a great position to make this team.

Follows on the reporting right through the offseason that Malone has looked more impressive than both Fitzpatrick and McMath, question now is whether that continues when the pads come on and contact ramps up in training camp.

10 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

FWIW Vrabel today on the OTP said Josh Malone has put himself in a great position to make this team.

Follows on the reporting right through the offseason that Malone has looked more impressive than both Fitzpatrick and McMath, question now is whether that continues when the pads come on and contact ramps up in training camp.

That's the reason I asked if Malone plays ST?  If so, McMath could be in danger.

29 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

There was a clip from mini camp this week where Malone said he told Aukerman he was willing to play any role on special teams.

Sure he’s willing, he wants to make the roster. The question is how good is he?

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Aussie doing everything he can to play up Malone over Fitzpatrick!