Bipartisan Gun Reform Deal Passes Senate 65-33

tgo

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ll take what I can get, but it’s going be to some minimal bullshit that won’t really fix the problem and Republicans will claim that they are helping

The best part in my opinion was the boyfriend loophole as well as red flag laws. Not raising the age for AR-15s to 21 is disappointing but it’s still overall a step in the right direction. 

No normal person needs to own a fucking AR-15 or anything similar. And if you think you do, then you are just trying to be a badass or a fucking moron, whichever one suits you the best.   I

On 6/15/2022 at 5:18 PM, Starkiller said:

Based on history, liberals will blame Biden for not getting a real bill done (see: Obamacare)

Hence why I maintain that focusing solely on policy hurts Democrats. It makes independents itchy, republicans angry and liberals/progressives frustrated with an inevitable compromise. 

On 6/13/2022 at 11:50 AM, BudsOilers said:

But having a loaded gun doesn't equate to killing.  Right or wrong, plenty of people have guns to defend themselves from an attack.  Or in some cases, enjoy target shooting. 

I have zero issue with licensing and insurance requirements, in addition to training certification. 

A lot of people own circular saws and don’t build houses.  You can believe a circular saw makes you a man, it’s still a tool for cutting wood.

Having a loaded gun means you are one bad day away from getting shot by it.

Indulging in the continued fetishization of guns with no regard to their actual purpose means they will continue killing people, mostly their owners or their owners kids, and occasionally these mass shootings.

53 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

Hence why I maintain that focusing solely on policy hurts Democrats. It makes independents itchy, republicans angry and liberals/progressives frustrated with an inevitable compromise. 

Calling this thing a “compromise” is wildly optimistic. No, this is Republicans maybe saying this is the list of insignificant actions we are willing to support and Democrats just taking it because it’s all there is…

55 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Calling this thing a “compromise” is wildly optimistic. No, this is Republicans maybe saying this is the list of insignificant actions we are willing to support and Democrats just taking it because it’s all there is…

And that will likely result in the Republicans backing it out of it anyways...

13 minutes ago, TitansPDO said:

And that will likely result in the Republicans backing it out of it anyways...

Yeah, I want to see just what it is that 10 Republicans in the Senate are going to support. They know they are going to get primaried just for giving up an inch on some inconsequential change. I don’t see them budging on anything of consequence directly tied to gun control.

Honestly, if the Dems want to get any significant value out of this they should target mental health. Go for a massive federally funded program to target mental health. Let Republicans spin it as a solution to gun violence. Tie in gun restrictions for people with mental health issues, domestic abuse, etc. it wouldn’t solve the problem but we need movement on mental health issues in America regardless of gun violence.

1 hour ago, tgo said:

It's pretty remarkable how difficult it has been to just get this basic, bottom of the barrel, half ass legislation done. 

Not surprising in the slightest considering the standard intransigence of the GOP, other than if they actually pass something that makes a significant difference on gun violence.

Edited by Starkiller

• tgo changed the title to Bipartisan Gun Reform Deal Passes Senate 65-33