Titans/Colts The 2022 Division Race

MIKE75

Just now, rns90 said:

That team also had an absurd amount of deaths.  I think the 2006 Bears are better only because they were really good at ST and defense (and scored a lot).  It was just Grossman and an ok running game holding them back.

The 2000 Giants were up there too.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Bongo59 You gotta take this bet.    No matter who loses, we all win!

No wonder why the national media labels the Titans as having one of the worst fan bases in the NFL. Lame ass ignorant posters like yourself who think the Titans are this so called dominant team and th

No they weren't, and they Titans were devastated with injuries 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, scine09 said:

The 2000 Giants were up there too.

That reminds me I was rooting for MIN in the NFC Championship game.  They got stomped and I think Jeff George may have been starting that game at qb.  At that point, I'm not watching the Super Bowl, Giants stink and BAL is going to destroy them.  And that naturally happened.

Edit:  was actually Daunte Culpepper at qb.

Edited by rns90

2 hours ago, scine09 said:

Actually the int was better for the Colts than the safety since the Titans would have had the lead and the ball unless the Colts could recover an onsides kick.  The TD gave the Colts time to come back.  He should have thrown it into the ground.

That's fair.  I got the order of the interceptions incorrect.

If he throws it into the ground, it could be intentional grounding, which is also a safety.  He should have thrown it away sooner before the rush was on him.

I see Mahomes do stuff like that too, but he is good enough to get away with it most of the time.  (when it backfires, you get a performance like the second half versus Cincy)

That is the one thing that Brady has above all other QB's.  He doesn't play hero ball.  He goes through his reads, delivers the ball on time, or throws it away.

The last 20 years or so the AFC has been the superior conference and a lot more harder as a team to get through the postseason to the Super Bowl.

The Manning led Broncos were pretty terrible overall with that horrid offense too. They were literally had the longest odds of winning the SB when the playoffs started

2 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Which made the loss to the Ravens even more sickening.....Fucking Del Greco

Both the 2000 and 2008 playoff games against the Ravens were totally winnable and we would've won by multiple scores in '08 if not for the damn turnovers.

2000 and 2008 we should've had it.....

I'd love to see this team win it all just one time and i can die happy.

2000, 2008 and 2021 all number one seeds.

2000 the Titans had the number one fucking defense and lost on Del Greco missing three FGs with one blocked that went 90 yards the other way and of course the INT. Ravens had six first downs and Dilfer was 5 of 16 passing. Titans dominated time of possession 40 minutes to Ravens 20.  Take away the blocked FG and INT and things are totally different. Of course out of all his career Del Greco had his worst game ever. 3 missed FGs

2008 we lose the same damn way with turnovers when we are close to scoring and missed FGs. Ravens had only nine first downs and 50 yds rushing on 30 carries. 3 turnovers

2021 wasn't the Ravens but the Titans beating themselves in the end with turnovers. Again. Nine sacks but the INT did them in when all they needed to do was give Foreman the damn ball. 3 turnovers

Edited by MIKE75

19 minutes ago, rns90 said:

The 2008 loss was frustrating and followed a similar script.  I still remember Crumpler catching the ball near the sideline and fumbling it for no fucking reason.  

That was crushing. Remember it well. We should've won by multiple scores but we turn the ball over as we were about to score twice plus we missed a FG.

2 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

The 2000 and 2021 teams were better suited to win a SB than the 2008 team. 

Definitely.

We are going to have to learn in the postseason to limit the turnovers and mistakes if we are ever going to win it all. If we make it back soon i guarantee that Vrabel's number one concern will be protecting the ball.

Just now, MIKE75 said:

Definitely.

We are going to have to learn in the postseason to limit the turnovers and mistakes if we are ever going to win it all. If we make it back soon i guarantee that Vrabel's number one concern will be protecting the ball.

That applies to every team.  In 2000 it was more Del Greco imploding that flipped that game.  He accounted for a 16 point swing.