Baker Mayfield

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You sound like you know a lot more about this specific situation, so I defer to you.   It sucks for Mayfield.  I mean, I know he is getting around 18 million dollars to be jerked around, but

Fuck him and Progressive.

Who are they gonna trade to? Bears? Falcons? Giants?

8 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Who are they gonna trade to? Bears? Falcons? Giants?

He'd do well in the Falcons system. The guy was injured last year but otherwise is an average starting QB which is way better than Mariota. 

I do wonder on him if they decided he had a ceiling or if he's got attitude and locker room issues or if it was just a matter of acquiring Watson. He'll probably get a shot somewhere. The mechanics of that are messy right now, though.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Any predictions?  Not elite but not trash either.  Don’t really understand the rather sudden dump by the Browns. 

Remember, on the way out of Cleveland, OBJ was clearly not a fan of Mayfield's and everyone thought OBJ was the trash player.

He went to the Rams and everyone realized how much playing with Mayfield hampered his play.

It is being said that other NFL teams don't want to bail the Browns out because they gave a fully guaranteed contract to Watson.  Not sure if that is true.

The Browns have enough cap to carry Mayfield.  If Watson gets suspended for the full season, that may be the wise thing to do.

They could also be trying to leverage Mayfield to release them from the contract (forgive the guarantees) to go play for another team knowing that he wants to play somewhere this year.

I think they almost have to keep him given that Watson is going to be suspended for a portion of the season.  And Mayfield knows the offense.

3 hours ago, BigErn said:

Fuck him and Progressive.

So funny... this dude's job is in jeopardy to a guy who can't play football, and he was chosen as the face of the brand based on potential.  Well written commercials, a garbage system of rewards.

46 minutes ago, HammerOfTheHeathens said:

So funny... this dude's job is in jeopardy to a guy who can't play football, and he was chosen as the face of the brand based on potential.  Well written commercials, a garbage system of rewards.

I was just being sarcastic pal. Yeah sucks for him that his job is up in the air, but just talent wise I don't think he is really that good.

On 6/8/2022 at 1:57 PM, dcblanton said:

Remember, on the way out of Cleveland, OBJ was clearly not a fan of Mayfield's and everyone thought OBJ was the trash player.

He went to the Rams and everyone realized how much playing with Mayfield hampered his play.

It is being said that other NFL teams don't want to bail the Browns out because they gave a fully guaranteed contract to Watson.  Not sure if that is true.

The Browns have enough cap to carry Mayfield.  If Watson gets suspended for the full season, that may be the wise thing to do.

They could also be trying to leverage Mayfield to release them from the contract (forgive the guarantees) to go play for another team knowing that he wants to play somewhere this year.

Can't happen; per CBA 5th year option is fully guaranteed and any extension or new contract has to pay at least the same amount of guaranteed money for that 5th year. 

Edited by No1TitansFan