Jan 6th Hearings

reo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Biden isn't the head of a cult that attempted to overturn a democratically-held election to keep their power structure and bruised egos intact.

Someone help me understand this:   For the past 2+ years, Republicans have been pounding the table and screaming at the top of their lungs about a stolen election, election fraud, fake/fraud

Long story ...   There was a sales rep I used to work with (who had a hilarious falling out with the company which basically showed he didn't know our product and would sell his other produc

Posted Images

4 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I don’t think you’re right about this. The crazies are waiting on him to give the call. If he’s indicted I think he’ll do what he wasn’t willing to do before and call on his followers. He’ll know it’s an airtight case. 

The crazies will lose steam once their big propaganda spigots stop cheering them on.  If Fox News buries Trump, the general pop of Republicans will vote as they are told.  The gerrymandered districts will stay "red" regardless.   

2 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

I don’t think it’s a big deal. She testified what she was told by Ornato. She never claimed she witnessed this happen. It’s likely Ornato was exaggerating and is now saying he didn’t say this to cover his ass. There were apparently witnesses to the convo b/w her and Ornato too who haven’t denied the content of the convo. Maybe she’s lying? Sure. Possible. But I think this is nothing bc 1) who cares if he did what has been claimed; and 2) she’s not saying she saw it; just that she heard about it from someone who was apparently there. 

THIS - According to her testimony Ornato and Engel were both in room when she was told this and never walked it back

11 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I'm still gonna say he won't get charged.

He has to be charged or the American experiment didn't work and this country is done.

To steal a catch phrase, Justice matters.

Justice has to matter for this to work.

Was the urgency of yesterday's previously unplanned meeting a ploy to ensure coverage from pro-Trump media, and limit the spin planning session.  For sure, yesterday's surprise to Trumpworld never would have happened if the tribal repubs would have been on the panel.  If the Jan6 committee ended tomorrow, it will claim at least one political career -- McCarthy's

And lest we forget... the planning of the event is coming.

Coordination w/ the Proud Boys is coming.

Coordination w/ the Oath keepers is coming.

Some of the leaders of these organizations have already plead guilty. 

They're building. The stuff they've been saving for prime time is still coming.

Edited by reo

I understand the sentiment that Republican politicians will gladly jump ship because they don't want Trump, but I think some here haven't learned from the past and are still underestimating the crazy base: The Republican Party never wantes Trump. They tried repeatedly to keep Trump from winning. They thought he was useful for rallying the right-wing nutjobs, but they constantly thought they could move away from Trump when needed.

Trump, and this is a horrible reality, speaks to a lot of people in this country. They want a corrupt asshole who will rule over them and install a dictatorship/theocracy. He will forever be a martyr if charged. It will all be a conspiracy. If Trump is allowed to run for president, please do not make the same mistake and blow him off. How much proof do you need that Republicans will get amnesia and fall back in line if they think Trump will win?

5 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Yeah, I’m not talking about the GOP. I’m talking about the crazies. 

The crazies are bullying cowards without courage.  They will quietly fall in line.  These are people whose idea of protest is driving around a city in giant trucks, and who feel persecuted if someone cuts them off in a lane.  They ain't gonna lead a revolution, even if they are happy to perform a lynching while the sheriff is looking the other way.

2 hours ago, reo said:

These groups were planning on occupying the capital and Trump wanted to be there. And Trump was trying to get them passed the metal detectors so they would be armed.

Another great point in yesterday's coverage -- Trump's comments absolutely confirm, along with all the security chatter, that Trump knew, his staff knew, all the repubs involved knew, that there was NO ANTIFA boogeyman in the crowd, and that's why he insisted to stop screening for weapons.  "They're not here to hurt me. Take the f-in' mags away. Let my people in,' .  Afterwards the liars who pushed the Antifa disinformation were peddling pure deflection propaganda to protect Trump's coup.  pinochetistas