Jan 6th Hearings

reo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Biden isn't the head of a cult that attempted to overturn a democratically-held election to keep their power structure and bruised egos intact.

Someone help me understand this:   For the past 2+ years, Republicans have been pounding the table and screaming at the top of their lungs about a stolen election, election fraud, fake/fraud

Long story ...   There was a sales rep I used to work with (who had a hilarious falling out with the company which basically showed he didn't know our product and would sell his other produc

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, cenj said:

Let me get this straight...

Republican President does everything possible to steal an election and subvert our American Democracy after he and his party consistently abused power, lied, and out-right broke laws. The result was a near (and previously unfathomable) modern dictatorship and the delegitimization of a US Democracy. This was after years of the RP sabatoging the country (ex: refusing to govern during the Obama terms, refusing to elect SCOTUS in Obama's last term but rushing through one for Trump). 

And now, like it or not, the RP is winning. They are stripping away freedoms, keeping the country uneducated and unprotected, and they and their uber-Christian base would gladly let Trump take back the presidency if he could get away with it. And they've done this despite not winning the popular vote in almost 2 decades, and they're enacting (or stripping) laws that go against the views of the majority of the country.

Meanwhile, Democratic leaders sing Kumbaya and ask for more votes. And some here continue to be good company men and say, "what else can we do?"

And now you want to let off the hook these people because you're worried they might do more illegal stuff in retaliation? What kind of milquetoast piss-your-pants BS is this?

This is exactly why Liberals are (or should be) fucking pissed at the Democratic leaders. Man up and hold people accountable. Be better at the game and stop playing to hold onto your political seat. @OILERMAN is right that too many democratic leaders are more concerned with losing power in their own party to younger candidates than they are to hurting the country.

Remember when people didn't really want Hilary to win the primary, yet she basically forced upon us? We were told to get on board because "vote Blue." Same with Biden. We keep being told to vote Blue no matter how dissapointing (and barely Liberal) the elected officials are, because we have to fight the Republican Party.

And yet these Democrats, who represent the majority of the USA, keep losing and bending over for the RP. Stop telling me to vote; the other side isn't winning through good faith democratic processes.

Get the sand out. If we had voted for the email lady, roe v wade wouldn't have been overturned on Friday. As I've said all along, democratic voters are the ones playing the wrong game. Sure dem leaders suck but if this doesn't force you to reassess and understand the lesser of two evils then nothing will. 

2 hours ago, reo said:

Completely disagree. I think he's charged. If anything, right before he's charged as the heat increases, he flees the country. But he does it before they're ready to arrest him at the airport.

Sounds like you mostly just want the movie rights! 

24 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Get the sand out. If we had voted for the email lady, roe v wade wouldn't have been overturned on Friday. As I've said all along, democratic voters are the ones playing the wrong game. Sure dem leaders suck but if this doesn't force you to reassess and understand the lesser of two evils then nothing will. 

Kind of feels like people learned absolutely nothing from the 2016 election and the disastrous results that have ensued. 

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Kind of feels like people learned absolutely nothing from the 2016 election and the disastrous results that have ensued. 

Didn't Trump get mill more votes in 2020 than 2016?

38 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I'm still voting Blue, and yes, more people should vote too. But voters should absolutely be pissed at Democratic leadership. Since GW Bush, we've had 3 terms with a Democratic President vs 1 Republican. And yeah, it's not just about the Presidential elections.

But I can't imagine how much shit Republicans would have gotten accomplished if that 3 to 1 was switched.

Democratic voters blaming themselves and wanting to appease the RP is starting to sound like an abuse victim saying, "I shouldn't have made him angry and he wouldn't have hit me."

27 minutes ago, cenj said:

I'm still voting Blue, and yes, more people should vote too. But voters should absolutely be pissed at Democratic leadership. Since GW Bush, we've had 3 terms with a Democratic President vs 1 Republican. And yeah, it's not just about the Presidential elections.

But I can't imagine how much shit Republicans would have gotten accomplished if that 3 to 1 was switched.

Democratic voters blaming themselves and wanting to appease the RP is starting to sound like an abuse victim saying, "I shouldn't have made him angry and he wouldn't have hit me."

Both are true. Dems suck but look at the alternative. So yes voters can stop this shit right now if they get out and vote for the lesser of two evils. What more proof do you need? Saying the above doesn't exonerate the piss poor job dems have done since Obama got reelected. They absolutely need to be called out but turning the country over to the crazies isn't the way to do it.

Edited by oldschool

Democratic leadership has also done a good job  turning this Country over to the crazies with their inept, spineless, and out-of-touch leadership. 

We can't keep saying the alternative is worse (which it obviously is) and at the same time say vote for the Democrats whose current leadership has demonstrated time and time again (over a decade at least) that they are completely incapable of opposing right wing extremism. Hell, they're more likely to appease them then actually fight them.

Blaming the voters for not believing in the Democratic Party isn't really the answer, and just turns away more voters. Maybe the Democratic party leadership should have done some fucking self-reflection in 2016 and actually figured out why those voters wouldn't turn out for them. Simply put, saying "vote blue, no matter who" means little, especially when some of those "blue" are indistinguishable from many Republicans, is not the answer. But then again, listening to voters prevents the leadership from collecting all of that corporate money that they care about so deeply. 

Democratic leadership has a little over four months to shape up and show their base that they will get out and fight, something that haven't really done in a long time. The Supreme Court's recent decisions, Trump's attempted insurrection, etc., should all be enough motivation for leadership to seize on. They have to show voters they will fight back and tell the voters how they will do it (It's not like Republicans hid how they were going to accomplish their goals). However, I have little faith the current leadership is capable of that. Perhaps after the ass beating they will receive in November, the party will finally kick Pelosi, Schumer, Clayburn, etc., to the curb where they should have been sent years ago. 

Edited by TitansPDO

1 hour ago, LongTimeFan said:

That shows your loyalty to a party and not the country. Way to go dumbass!!

I'm sure your small mind will see it that way.

Trump tried to overthrow a legal and fair election that he lost. Republicans backed him.

Republicans are taking away women's rights.

I will vote against them every time b/c they won't stand up against either.

8 minutes ago, TitansPDO said:

Democratic leadership has also done a good job  turning this Country over to the crazies with their inept, spineless, and out-of-touch leadership. 

Bullshit. Stop listening to the propaganda and talking points and pay attention to what's actually going on.

Edited by reo

4 minutes ago, reo said:

Bullshit. Stop listening to the propaganda and talking points and pay attention to what's actually going on.

Maybe you should get your own head out of ass and actually see what is going on instead of seeing it as simply Dem equal good, Republican equal bad.

Both parties suck, and while the republicans are obviously worse, the dems have done nothing really to stop them.

30 minutes ago, TitansPDO said:

We can't keep saying the alternative is worse (which it obviously is) and at the same time say vote for the Democrats whose current leadership has demonstrated time and time again (over a decade at least) that they are completely incapable of opposing right wing extremism. Hell, they're more likely to appease them then actually fight them.

Blaming the voters for not believing in the Democratic Party isn't really the answer, and just turns away more voters. Maybe the Democratic party leadership should have done some fucking self-reflection in 2016 and actually figured out why those voters wouldn't turn out for them. Simply put, saying "vote blue, no matter who" means little, especially when some of those "blue" are indistinguishable from many Republicans, is not the answer. But then again, listening to voters prevents the leadership from collecting all of that corporate money that they care about so deeply. 

Democratic leadership has a little over four months to shape up and show their base that they will get out and fight, something that haven't really done in a long time. The Supreme Court's recent decisions, Trump's attempted insurrection, etc., should all be enough motivation for leadership to seize on. They have to show voters they will fight back and tell the voters how they will do it (It's not like Republicans hid how they were going to accomplish their goals). However, I have little faith the current leadership is capable of that. Perhaps after the ass beating they will receive in November, the party will finally kick Pelosi, Schumer, Clayburn, etc., to the curb where they should have been sent years ago. 

I don't disagree with the anger but not voting is not the answer. That just gives us elected officials like Trump. Vote and then kick these fuckers to the curb. 

4 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I don't disagree with the anger but not voting is not the answer. That just gives us elected officials like Trump. Vote and then kick these fuckers to the curb. 

I agree, and if my post came off as telling people not to vote, that wasn’t my intention.

However, people who follow politics know to get out to vote regardless. It’s the huge remainder of the population that has to be reached. We can’t just shame them and expect them to vote. Got to give them something, show something. If only dems could bring back Obama in 08….