Good interview with Vrabel(Cowherd)

OILERMAN

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no doubt. While I hated the move at first, its becoming clear Brown's unstable and immature tendencies were a barrier to him getting the money he felt he deserved.  

This is very similar to how I last 27 minutes instead of 27 secs with my girlfriend by visualizing Paul's head in place of hers, asking me stupid, annoying questions in that whiney voice.  

5 hours ago, Bulluck4dmvp said:

He could be the best coach in the league if he would just rid his offensive philosophy stubbornness 

He could be best in the league if he quit being MIke Vrabel. 

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

15 hours ago, chef said:

This is very similar to how I last 27 minutes instead of 27 secs with my girlfriend by visualizing Paul's head in place of hers, asking me stupid, annoying questions in that whiney voice.

Extremely effective.  Although the nightmares that follow can be disturbing.

Please don’t tell my wife about this.   I’ve been telling her for years that 27 seconds is  basically a marathon…and that if she can’t get what she needs in 27 seconds, then she must have some sort of medical issue,  

5 hours ago, nine said:

Please don’t tell my wife about this.   I’ve been telling her for years that 27 seconds is  basically a marathon…and that if she can’t get what she needs in 27 seconds, then she must have some sort of medical issue,  

I mean that's back to back to back successful bull rides + some right??

In most cases, COY goes to a new coach who gets hired into a terrible situation and turns things around in his first year….which is great.  

But a quick turnaround is one thing;  sustaining that success presents a whole new  challenge, as a better record leads to tougher opponents and lower draft slots in subsequent seasons.   And a lot of those young coaches struggle against these challenges.  

Vrabel was hired into a much better situation than most new coaches and the team has shown steady improvement under him,    Whether he can sustain that success remains to be seen….but the team’s progress over the past four years  suggests he’s probably more than a flash-in-the-pan one year wonder .    

3 hours ago, nine said:

In most cases, COY goes to a new coach who was hired into a terrible situation and turns things around in his first year….which is great.  

But a quick turnaround is one thing;  sustaining that success is a whole new  challenge, as a better record leads to tougher opponents and lower draft slots in subsequent seasons.   And a lot of those young coaches struggle against these challenges.  

Vrabel was hired into a much better situation than most new coaches and the team has shown steady improvement under him,    Whether he can sustain that success remains to be seen….but the team’s progress over the past four years  suggests he’s probably more than a flash-in-the-pan one year wonder .    

But to be fair, most of the players Vrabel got were also new to the team. 

10 hours ago, Nash said:

Vrabel always seems to know some obscure rule that gives us an advantage with the clock.. 

I’ll never forget that wildcard game at New England….watching  Vrabel work a loophole in the rules to legally burn 1:20 off the clock late in Q4 without running a single play was absolute mastery.    Jesus, Belichick was absolutely livid.

We’ ve also seen more than one occasion where Vrabel deliberately put 12 players on defense…effectively giving up 5 yards of field position for an extra time out.   Again…genius. 

I always thought Jeff Fisher was one of the best I’ve seen at clock management .  But Vrabel took clock management to a whole new level…not just working the clock, but exploiting loopholes and manipulating the clock to his advantage.