Good interview with Vrabel(Cowherd)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no doubt. While I hated the move at first, its becoming clear Brown's unstable and immature tendencies were a barrier to him getting the money he felt he deserved.  

This is very similar to how I last 27 minutes instead of 27 secs with my girlfriend by visualizing Paul's head in place of hers, asking me stupid, annoying questions in that whiney voice.  

Vrabs knows how to frame his answers to avoid giving any fodder to be used against him and still come across as down to earth and informative. 

Like, he knows what topics he can joke around on (ex: recruiting for Ohio State). 

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

I have no doubt. While I hated the move at first, its becoming clear Brown's unstable and immature tendencies were a barrier to him getting the money he felt he deserved.  

Yeah, I was livid when we made the deal on Draft Night considering we’ve waited decades for a true #1 and we could have made the money work. Now, I’m glad we didn’t spend the money on him and got what we got for him.

9 hours ago, japan said:

Good stuff. Vrabel mentioning mental support when talking about Brown stood out to me. Maybe it was a throwaway line but I get the sense that Brown was even more unstable behind the scenes than even we know. 

I think he was.  I think Vrabel spent a lot of time keeping him in check.  I do not know why but I hope this is not another Antonio Brown situation, he was kept in check by Tomlin once he left all hell broke loose.  Not like Mr Rock Paper Scissors has the capacity to keep him in check.  Look at his social media he would not be posting like this if he was still with the Titans 

3 hours ago, Amy said:

I think he was.  I think Vrabel spent a lot of time keeping him in check.  I do not know why but I hope this is not another Antonio Brown situation, he was kept in check by Tomlin once he left all hell broke loose.  Not like Mr Rock Paper Scissors has the capacity to keep him in check.  Look at his social media he would not be posting like this if he was still with the Titans 

Yeah I'm starting to remember all the odd stuff he did like posting in the hospital, saying he thought about killing himself, not practicing. 

I think dark times await this guy. For now, his money don't jiggle jiggle

While possible it could be a legitimate concern, what Vrabel actually said was that we the Titans want to give their players the physical and mental support they deserve and need. And mental doesn’t always mean licensed therapy or counseling.

I haven’t heard anyone mention how Vrabel said he and Brown have spoken since the trade and that they are fine and he wishes him well. Specifically said how important it was to not burn bridges in the league because you never know when you will work with someone again down the road. He said he didn’t like it but it was a business.

Yeah, I’m sure Vrabel was pissed both professionally AND personally when it happened, but he sounded genuinely big boy about it.

Now, maybe the FO o-fishy’all presence feels more o-fishy’ally butthurt over how it went down, but I feel like this whole thing is more to the side of slightly dirty pool rather than diva wideout has fractured psyche issues. Brown behaves like someone who cheated on a good partner for someone who will let him dirty sanchez or something. He guilty.

I’m personally just happy the Titans got the value for him they did. We’re better without a player who doesn’t want to be here who wasn’t very available anyway.

I love AJ. I’m one of the main people who said we gotta draft him. But potentially Burks, McCreary and Petit-Frere are a good or better hedge down the road and Willis is a free play in all this.

I would suit up again and play for Vrabel.  Straight Shooter.  It's a bs'em world and he's tossing it too, but he was born to coach.  Maybe he was born sitting on the bench watching good football players start in front of him, who knows.  He's a communicator.  He gets people and they get him.  Next thing you notice his every word(almost) is about the game.