Report: Titans Open to extending Henry’s Contract

2ToneTerror

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost your entire post is lifted from this article. I don't post a lot here, but I just had to point out that you're attempting to pass off this article's words as your own LOL. https://touchdownwire

Watching Henry training up the hill feels like watching some cyborg athlete in the distant future training for Deathball, where the field can randomly tilt.

The agility and explosion Henry has running that hill is amazing at his size. I run a hill and know first hand how impressive this is

Posted Images

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

The agility and explosion Henry has running that hill is amazing at his size. I run a hill and know first hand how impressive this is

Incline training is a great preventative/prehab measure for lower body soft tissue injuries (hamstring, calf, quad).

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

Well he better get used to that hill given all the "smart people" are sure he's about to fall off a cliff! 

Define "about to".... because he absolutely is about to, if he hasn't already started. 

I 100% believe and hope he could have a great bounce back year and lead the league in rushing again. Even if that occurs the clock is ticking. 

8 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Define "about to".... because he absolutely is about to, if he hasn't already started. 

I 100% believe and hope he could have a great bounce back year and lead the league in rushing again. Even if that occurs the clock is ticking. 

He has 1 or two truly premier years left before the decline starts. Once the decline really starts, he will still be viable for another year or two but won’t be the same. He has another 3 years or so with Tennessee I think. 

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

He has 1 or two truly premier years left before the decline starts. Once the decline really starts, he will still be viable for another year or two but won’t be the same. He has another 3 years or so with Tennessee I think. 

This is all speculation. 

I think the question is does he play out his contract or is he cut after this season. I'd be very surprised if he played beyond that. His workout ability and his NFL playing ability are totally different things. 

I could also see a scenario where he just loses a tiny bit of explosion through the hole and becomes terrible. At 250 the amount of explosive start and stopping needed is massive. A small amount of that ability lost could be way more detrimental than it would be a normal sized RB. He could potentially fall off a cliff way more severely than another RB. 

I don't think he's going to go from 1800+ yards to 1500, too 1100 etc.....

He's likely to go from great to terrible all at once. I trust Dr Chao's assessment that's he's 100% back from the injury, he nailed the playoff return. I think he could have a good 2022

27 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

The clock is certainly ticking. He's a RB over 27. That BMT dude is getting his ass lit up in the off-season if Henry goes off though 

3 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

The clock is certainly ticking. He's a RB over 27. That BMT dude is getting his ass lit up in the off-season if Henry goes off though 

I believe him going off is as likely as him falling off the cliff, although he could start out great and fade too

And he'll be 29 this season, which in RB years is way more than "over 27"

It will be interesting to see how it goes this season.  The biggest question in my mind is whether Vrabel will continue to give Henry so many carries.

I was most surprised last year in the playoff game that Vrabel didn't give Foreman more carries when Henry was not running as effectively.

So, for me the question is whether they will give Henry more breathers during games.

Even if he comes back well after the injury, I think that his use needs to be moderated.

I think Henry will play for another five seasons or so.  I just don't think he will be the premier back that he was that was able to handle a heavy workload.

I think extending him right now would be foolish.  I think you want to see what this year looks like to know if you even want him to finish out his contract.

I don't think he will be 'done' in the NFL for at least five more seasons.  I just think the workload will need to decrease.  And, for me, that means that you can't pay him right now.  You have to wait to see what he looks like after this year at the least, and most likely next year.