Report: Titans Open to extending Henry’s Contract

2ToneTerror

Just now, Starkiller said:

They could add real years to his contract. As long as they don’t include guarantees it doesn’t really matter. 

Yes, essentially the same thing 

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost your entire post is lifted from this article. I don't post a lot here, but I just had to point out that you're attempting to pass off this article's words as your own LOL. https://touchdownwire

Watching Henry training up the hill feels like watching some cyborg athlete in the distant future training for Deathball, where the field can randomly tilt.

The agility and explosion Henry has running that hill is amazing at his size. I run a hill and know first hand how impressive this is

Posted Images

I think it's very possible that they think they are still a couple of pieces away and are trying to figure out ways to clear up cap space to after a WR and or RT or something.  

The most likely reason they decided to do this is as a glorified restructure so they don't have to touch Bud Dupree's contract and can still free up some space.  

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

The only question is did it happen last year or can he rebound and delay it happening.

He'll have to be an extreme outlier for it not to have already started or about to happen. 

are you quoting thermodynamics now? of course it will happen at some point. @Mythos27 is just being the Henry stan he's always been. 

This is most likely a cap move to save money with a side bet that he maintains his level of play a few more years and they’d like to get ahead of it in case he is that outlier with a team friendly deal that they could also back out of at any point.

If he plays at an elite level of course they’d keep him a couple more years to maybe 32. But no RB is elite past 32.

8 minutes ago, ctm said:

Henry would be foolish to agree to more years on the contract without any new guaranteed money.  He would gain nothing.  His salary for this year is going to be fully guaranteed after the 1st game.

I don’t disagree, unless they add a roster bonus or higher salary or something in 2024 that forces the Titans to take action. 

But he can help the team this year without losing leverage. 

I think this is a way to free up some money like some are saying with some outs in case he falls off a cliff but it also could be symbolically rewarding the face of the team who embodies the Vrabel work ethic to a tee. 

I think because Vrabel respects Henry and to a lesser extent Landry and how they play the game, he rewards them by letting them choose their workloads.  

Edited by japan

21 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I think it's very possible that they think they are still a couple of pieces away and are trying to figure out ways to clear up cap space to after a WR and or RT or something.  

The most likely reason they decided to do this is as a glorified restructure so they don't have to touch Bud Dupree's contract and can still free up some space.  

The Titans don't have as much effective cap space as is generally assumed, even when you add in Julio's 9.5M.  Once you start subtracting their liabilities for the year, I think they really only have about 3-4M.  The biggest variable is how much reserve JRob is comfortable with going into the season.  I assumed it to be 5M to get my number.

40 minutes ago, ctm said:

The Titans don't have as much effective cap space as is generally assumed, even when you add in Julio's 9.5M.  Once you start subtracting their liabilities for the year, I think they really only have about 3-4M.  The biggest variable is how much reserve JRob is comfortable with going into the season.  I assumed it to be 5M to get my number.

The fact that unused cap space rolls over to the next season largely makes these cap moves a non-issue. 

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

are you quoting thermodynamics now? of course it will happen at some point. @Mythos27 is just being the Henry stan he's always been. 

You're just being wrong about Henry like you've always been. Guess things don't change much huh?

Just now, Mythos27 said:

You're just being wrong about Henry like you've always been. Guess things don't change much huh?

Nope. I've been right all along. He was about to be out of the league until George gave him the pep talk. Hes a great RB but isn't the generational talent you and others claim. He's not the catalyst of the offense, Tannehill is. The offense didn't fall apart without him last year like I said it wouldn't.

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

lol. Who said they expect it to happen? All I've seen is people saying its a very real possibility. They are not one and the same.

Nice hedge. You clearly think is more likely than not. 

Just now, oldschool said:

Nope. I've been right all along. He was about to be out of the league until George gave him the pep talk. Hes a great RB but isn't the generational talent you and others claim. He's not the catalyst of the offense, Tannehill is. The offense didn't fall apart without him last year like I said it wouldn't.

Exactly what I expect from you on this subject. Be as wrong as possible and still claim to be 100% vindicated. Henry could go for 1500 this season and you'd still find a way to claim you were right smh. 

From the Titans perspective, touching Henry's contract at this point makes little sense.  There's no guaranteed money left on the deal and the contract was always structured as glorified franchise tags - i.e. pay as you go.  Not to mention at 29 going into 30, the Titans definitely have some leverage even if Henry bounces back because of the fall off the cliff risk of the position. 

Cap wise they get 9.513 M June 1 from Julio's deal and if they need additional cap space, restructuring Dupree (as his money is already fully guaranteed) makes more sense to get space from him.