Titans Stadium - $1.8 Billion to renovate

The Titans CEO says years of neglect at Nissan Stadium has put it in serious disrepair. He says it's now known as one of the worst stadiums in the NFL. Titans estimate it would cost $1.8 billion to bring the stadium up to standard with the city's lease thru 2039.

@FOXNashville

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joel with breaking news at the speed he's used to

ADMIN, probably need to move this thread to www.titanscentral.net.  

Texans to St. Louis   Titans back to Houston!  

Posted Images

Actually, this report was new in some ways - basically the team stating that the city's responsibility to maintain the existing stadium to NFL standards was 1.8 B and clearly is using that as leverage to force the city to resolve their piece of the new stadium funding to the team/NFL's liking.  Or else.

22 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Actually, this report was new in some ways - basically the team stating that the city's responsibility to maintain the existing stadium to NFL standards was 1.8 B and clearly is using that as leverage to force the city to resolve their piece of the new stadium funding to the team/NFL's liking.  Or else.

Yep. Simply a negotiation. They're pushing back against the Mayor and Council because they're trying to low ball their offer. I don't understand the city's stance. They're getting all the benefits of venue and identity and want none of the responsibility? It was Nashville Sports League's fucking idea to attract an NFL team. They lucked up that Bud had a fight with Houston. 

8 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

Yep. Simply a negotiation. They're pushing back against the Mayor and Council because they're trying to low ball their offer. I don't understand the city's stance. They're getting all the benefits of venue and identity and want none of the responsibility? It was Nashville Sports League's fucking idea to attract an NFL team. They lucked up that Bud had a fight with Houston. 

The mayor’s capital improvement budget he filed had $2B for titans stadium on it. 

not gonna lie but I really have no clue what that means. 

7 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

The mayor’s capital improvement budget he filed had $2B for titans stadium on it. 

not gonna lie but I really have no clue what that means. 

The 2B number is on the expense side of the equation.  But the State is going to kick in 500M and the Titans reportedly 700M.  Somewhere in the metro budget that will show up on the income side under project revenues.

The City of Nashville is required to keep the stadium up to NFL standards.  That's a vague term and not clearly spelled out anywhere.  But if Nashville doesn't do that then they are breaking the terms of the lease and the Titans can move. 

The original number for required maintenance on the stadium was around 250M.  Then it ballooned to 600M.  Now the Titans are saying 1.8B to meet NFL standards.  So this is probably the required maintenance plus upgrades to what the Titans interpret as NFL standards.  There are a couple of different ways to look at the Titans 1.8B number.

1.  The Titans are telling Nashville, pay up the 1.8B or we might leave.

2. Mayor Cooper has to sell this idea to the metro council to get it passed.  And he needs to sell it to the public for his own political purposes.  He can now say Nashville has a choice.  Pay the 1.8B or build a new stadium and renovate the east bank.  The stadium cost to Nashville would supposedly be 2B minus 1.2B (from the State and Titans) or 800M.  Then add in the 500M cost for the east bank.  Total cost for Nashville (800M+500M) or 1.3B.  Which just happens to be 500M cheaper than the 1.8 renovation/upgrade cost.  Under this scenario, Mayor Cooper can now claim that a new stadium and renovated east bank is the better deal for the taxpayers.

On 5/19/2022 at 10:50 PM, Somedude said:

Joel with breaking news at the speed he's used to

giphy.gif

I used to drive race cars 185 mph. Tell us about your speed....if you have any brain cells left.

I would love St. Louis because it's pretty close for me (already go to a bunch of Cardinals games every year).  Also a little funny, since I was an Oilers and Rockets fan because St. Louis didn't have football or basketball, so I went with where I was born rather than the closer team.  

That said, St. Louis is a baseball and hockey town.  Their love for the Cardinals and Blues is insane, and I just don't see them being a successful city for a football franchise.  @OILERMAN wants Austin, but I think I like San Antonio better.  Hell, just make it the Galveston or Texas City Oilers and really, give Houston the middle finger.