Robert Woods ACL recovery

12 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

That study you are referring to is completely different than the one you’ve repeated over and over and over and over and over.

Yes, people typically reference several studies when finding the truth. The original study doesnt reference starter vs non starter, but a similar (nearly identical study does). I take it you never attended college because this is common academic behavior.

12 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

This one is of data that’s over 10 years old but you keep mentioning how only 28% of people in a very recent study stay in the league over 3 years.

I hate to break this to you, but EVERY study will have old statistics mixed in, because, well, you cant know how a player returns from injury until its been several years after they returned from said injury. The study authors arent time travelers.

That being said, here is another study (this one was done on WR's) and it includes data up to 2017.

When we compared the tear group with the matched control cohort, players with ACL tears ended their careers on an average of 1.9 seasons earlier (2.2 vs 4.1 seasons, P < .001) and also played less than half the number of games (25.5 vs 56.6 games, P = .001), respectively. Those that RTP also saw decreased performance statistics in targets (353.6 vs 125.2 P < .001), receptions (208.0 vs 74.4, P = .001), receiving yards (2691.0 vs 987.9, P = .001), and touchdowns (17.4 vs 6.2, P = .002).

and...

Despite the majority of players being able to (return to play) there was a significant decrease in both statistical performance and career duration. (link)

PS - I’m fully aware stats say there’s a statistical decline in production

Well you're learning. I'll give you that.

Edited by logicals

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That won't stop Bud from being an old man yelling at clouds because of his hate for TN.

Bobby Trees isn't anywhere close to "Tickle Monsters"

Not good with numbers so maybe you can tell me if these have any meaning:   10/18/21: 34-31

Posted Images

1 minute ago, logicals said:

Yes, people typically reference several studies when finding the truth. The original study doesnt reference starter vs non starter, but a similar (nearly identical study does). I take it you never attended college.

And yet you only referenced that when I asked you a question about a different one you couldn't remotely answer.

As I said, Statistics obviously go down with ACL tears.

I was just trying to figure out if you actually understood what you were reading because you kept pimping out that 28% number when referencing things that didn't actually relate to it.

2 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

And yet you only referenced that when I asked you a question about a different one you couldn't remotely answer.

The original study doesnt reference starter vs non starter, but a similar (nearly identical study does). It is regular academic behavior to find a similar study and infer what you can from commonality. 

I was just trying to figure out if you actually understood what you were reading because you kept pimping out that 28% number when referencing things that didn't actually relate to it.

I do realize that youre trying your best to poke holes, but if you knew what I do for a living, you'd likely stop as you look ridiculous. 

Edited by logicals

12 minutes ago, logicals said:

The original study doesnt reference starter vs non starter, but a similar (nearly identical study does). It is regular academic behavior to find a similar study and infer what you can from commonality. 

"Interestingly, while player’s performance averages dropped post-ACL reconstruction, these decreases were not statistically significant when comparing pre- and post-ACL reconstruction in players who RTP"

So as long as a player actually returned to play (Which Woods will almost certainly), the study shows that the decreases are not statistically significant. As I said, I really was just curious about something you pretended like you actually knew a lot about

Edited by wiscotitansfan

4 minutes ago, HerpesFreeSince&#x27;03 said:

What would you say are your biggest weaknesses?

I struggle to read intent behind peoples words at times, and i'm not great at history. Also tend to rub people the wrong way, even though I dont try to.

Just now, logicals said:

I struggle to read intent behind peoples words at times, and i'm not great at history. Also tend to rub people the wrong way, even though I dont try to.

Have you ever been diagnosed with autism? 

12 minutes ago, HerpesFreeSince&#x27;03 said:

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Don’t let this kid fool you. He’s either in school or a slow adult school. No one with any kind of decent job is going to risk urinating in public on other teams stadiums…

3 minutes ago, japan said:

Don’t let this kid fool you. He’s either in school or a slow adult school. No one with any kind of decent job is going to risk urinating in public on other teams stadiums…

Different guy. They other dude was an even bigger tard. 

13 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

"Interestingly, while player’s performance averages dropped post-ACL reconstruction, these decreases were not statistically significant when comparing pre- and post-ACL reconstruction in players who RTP"

LOL. That doesnt mean what you think it means. Theyre referring to the fact that not all statistics fell post injury among those who RTP. Indicated by this line:

"no significant differences were present between preinjury and postinjury in-game in all in-game statistics for the wide receiver"

Perhaps read the actual study itself - not the discussion. ;) 

"There were pervasive decreases in the in-game performance statistics of the ACL reconstruction cohort following RTP, with a considerable drop in receiving yards (2117.5 vs 987.9 yards, P = .121)."

13 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

So as long as a player actually returned to play (Which Woods will almost certainly), the study shows that the decreases are not statistically significant. As I said, I really was just curious about something you pretended like you actually knew a lot about

I love discussing studies with people who have no idea what theyre talking about and dont do this for a living.

Edited by logicals

10 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Different guy. They other dude was an even bigger tard. 

I think it’s the same dude.