Jump to content

Robert Woods ACL recovery


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Bobby Trees isn't anywhere close to "Tickle Monsters"

To be honest, Titan UP is kind of dumb too and needs to be up there!  Lots of choices to pick from when it comes to some of the stuff created from this fanbase.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That won't stop Bud from being an old man yelling at clouds because of his hate for TN.

Bobby Trees isn't anywhere close to "Tickle Monsters"

Not good with numbers so maybe you can tell me if these have any meaning:   10/18/21: 34-31

Posted Images

As a Purdue fan, I'll accept no denigrating of "Titan Up," considering it's a derivative of the best saying in all of sports:

 

"Boiler Up."

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

As a Purdue fan, I'll accept no denigrating of "Titan Up," considering it's a derivative of the best saying in all of sports:

 

"Boiler Up."

 

At least "Boiler Up" doesnt sound like a homonym for the precursor of anal destruction.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Justafan said:

ACLs were a major thing 10 years ago.  Reconstruction has gotten ridiculously good and players know how to rehab in ways they never could before.  

 

Woods is going to be fine.  

 

The study that showed over 70% of NFL players are never the same after ACL tears is not old. 

 

It was literally published this year, and covered injuries through 2018.

 

Woods has a 28% or so chance of ever being the same player he was.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, HerpesFreeSince'03 said:

For Sure. He did eventually make it back to 100% though. The tard (logicals) said most players are never the same again which is just not true. No question all recoveries have different timelines but most of these young cats will make it back. Why does a Buffalo fan post on here so much anyway? 

 

I literally posted the study that proves that most players are never the same after ACL tears.


Did you not read it, or did you not understand it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, logicals said:

 

I literally posted the study that proves that most players are never the same after ACL tears.


Did you not read it, or did you not understand it?

Now how many of those players are real players the consistently contributed to their team prior to injury? If you’re even remotely a fringe player of course no one will give a damn about you and won’t bother with putting you on the squad. 
 

im legitly curious. Which big name players that were good recently has had his career ended by an ACL tear like the study you keep referring to says happens 50% of the time and out of the league within 3 years 75% of the time

Edited by wiscotitansfan
Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Now how many of those players are real players the consistently contributed to their team prior to injury? If you’re even remotely a fringe player of course no one will give a damn about you and won’t bother with putting you on the squad. 
 

im legitly curious. Which big name players that were good recently has had his career ended by an ACL tear like the study you keep referring to says happens 50% of the time and out of the league within 3 years 75% of the time

 

Starter or depth, it doesnt matter.

 

"those who successfully returned were above-average NFL players before their injury but relatively average after their return. In other words, after an ACL surgery, a Pro-Bowl level defensive player regresses to the performance level of an average player and an average player drops below the NFL standard" (link)

 

And it happens across all sports. MLB players are the most likely to come back from ACL injuries, and even they have a 12% reduction in batting average after injury.

 

I've done a lot of research on this because Tre White tore his ACL and I now know that there is a very good chance that he is never the same.

.

Edited by logicals
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

 

So is Retard Russ.


Can definitely tell you never had any friends when you were a kid.... or had a very traumatic and uncomfortable nickname ... because Bobby tress is funny, language styled from the locale, sounds gangster but also obviously affectionate... and it's short and sweet. 
 

 

Edited by titanruss
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Announcers have been calling him Bobby Trees often for a couple of years now, does no one watch other teams to the Titans?

 

Game announces?  No they don't.  Maybe Chris Berman or lame ass people like him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, logicals said:

 

Starter or depth, it doesnt matter.

 

"those who successfully returned were above-average NFL players before their injury but relatively average after their return. In other words, after an ACL surgery, a Pro-Bowl level defensive player regresses to the performance level of an average player and an average player drops below the NFL standard" (link)

 

And it happens across all sports. MLB players are the most likely to come back from ACL injuries, and even they have a 12% reduction in batting average after injury.

 

I've done a lot of research on this because Tre White tore his ACL and I now know that there is a very good chance that he is never the same.

.

That study you are referring to is completely different than the one you’ve repeated over and over and over and over and over. This one is of data that’s over 10 years old but you keep mentioning how only 28% of people in a very recent study stay in the league over 3 years.

 

starter or depth absolutely does matter to the study that I was originally asking you about that you were claiming is the definitive answer on ACL studies. 
 

PS - I’m fully aware stats say there’s a statistical decline in production and agree that there’s no way there isn’t overall, I just don’t think you understand what you’re actually putting out there

Edited by wiscotitansfan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...