Robert Woods ACL recovery

How far medicine has grown.., maybe 10-15 years or sooner they’ll figure out a way, to, just to give a needle and all these tears in knees arms fingers will be done without any surgery…. and recovery time will be even faster. We have come so far in sports medicine to where even in baseball tommy john used to be a career killer now guys are coming back better than ever. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That won't stop Bud from being an old man yelling at clouds because of his hate for TN.

Bobby Trees isn't anywhere close to "Tickle Monsters"

Not good with numbers so maybe you can tell me if these have any meaning:   10/18/21: 34-31

Posted Images

11 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

LOL.  I am.  Having one this weekend in fact.

None of this changes the fact that the nickname is lame,,,,,,

Doubtful. 

You probably also interject your opinion on matters when no one else asks. 

I do hope your party goes well and you take a few minutes from the board to actually engage with your “friends” in real life. If they are really your friends. 

On 5/24/2022 at 4:45 PM, logicals said:

The study that showed over 70% of NFL players are never the same after ACL tears is not old. 

It was literally published this year, and covered injuries through 2018.

Woods has a 28% or so chance of ever being the same player he was.

JRob:

db958fda-ab63-4562-b7d4-6c16bda4a7c5_tex

On 5/24/2022 at 5:27 PM, logicals said:

Yes, people typically reference several studies when finding the truth. The original study doesnt reference starter vs non starter, but a similar (nearly identical study does). I take it you never attended college because this is common academic behavior.

I hate to break this to you, but EVERY study will have old statistics mixed in, because, well, you cant know how a player returns from injury until its been several years after they returned from said injury. The study authors arent time travelers.

That being said, here is another study (this one was done on WR's) and it includes data up to 2017.

When we compared the tear group with the matched control cohort, players with ACL tears ended their careers on an average of 1.9 seasons earlier (2.2 vs 4.1 seasons, P < .001) and also played less than half the number of games (25.5 vs 56.6 games, P = .001), respectively. Those that RTP also saw decreased performance statistics in targets (353.6 vs 125.2 P < .001), receptions (208.0 vs 74.4, P = .001), receiving yards (2691.0 vs 987.9, P = .001), and touchdowns (17.4 vs 6.2, P = .002).

and...

Despite the majority of players being able to (return to play) there was a significant decrease in both statistical performance and career duration. (link)

Well you're learning. I'll give you that.

Bad news for Tradavious White.  Your season is likely over.  That study is just damning.  

Edited by Bongo59

5 hours ago, Bongo59 said:

Bad news for Tradavious White.

I know. 

That’s why I was researching recovery from torn ACL in the first place.

Edited by logicals

On 5/24/2022 at 4:32 PM, logicals said:

At least "Boiler Up" doesnt sound like a homonym for the precursor of anal destruction.

I mean, it could be worse. Imagine your catch phrase came from another in the long line of being known for losing games. 

“The hashtag began as a joke and morphed into a movement. The short version goes like this: Bills receiver Stevie Johnson dropped a game-winning touchdown pass in 2010. On Twitter, he blamed God. (“I praise you 24/7! And this is how you do me!”)”

10 hours ago, Dinx81 said:

I mean, it could be worse. Imagine your catch phrase came from another in the long line of being known for losing games. 

“The hashtag began as a joke and morphed into a movement. The short version goes like this: Bills receiver Stevie Johnson dropped a game-winning touchdown pass in 2010. On Twitter, he blamed God. (“I praise you 24/7! And this is how you do me!”)”

BillsMafia was a fan thing.

Not something the team created.

56 minutes ago, logicals said:

BillsMafia was a fan thing.

Not something the team created.

Titan Up was made by fans as a 4th Quarter rally cry. The Bills still use the Bills Mafia thing regardless. 

I rewatched the Bills TN game of last yr and I will say TN sustained so many injuries that game especially in the secondary and at WR that the Bills should have clobbered us.  Lewan left in the second Q.  JJ left at halftime.  Batson in the first half.  Both starting CBs out.  Farley and Fulton.  

I think with TN at full strength there is no team they wont be in a game with.  

NWI had a great second half in that game.  Allen went after Breon Borders and Chris Jackson all game long and he would have struggled a lot without those replacements.  

Landry, Long and Byard played well that night.  Tannehill was on the run because of Lamm and Saffold.  Both played terribly.