Robert Woods ACL recovery

16 hours ago, logicals said:

I struggle to read intent behind peoples words at times, and i'm not great at history. Also tend to rub people the wrong way, even though I dont try to.

This makes perfect sense and is why when@scine09 comes around he seems to only talk with you. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That won't stop Bud from being an old man yelling at clouds because of his hate for TN.

Bobby Trees isn't anywhere close to "Tickle Monsters"

Not good with numbers so maybe you can tell me if these have any meaning:   10/18/21: 34-31

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

God damn. Bud proving once again he is likely GREAT at parties. 

LOL.  I am.  Having one this weekend in fact.

None of this changes the fact that the nickname is lame,,,,,,

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I struggle to read intent behind peoples words at times

Still not sure what you mean.  Provide an example where I haven't been able to understand someone's intent.

Sure, sometimes someone may say something and it's not obvious that they're being sarcastic.  This is a message board where you can only go by words without hearing someone's voice.  This stuff happens all the time in the real world with emails being the go to communication method.

7 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Still not sure what you mean.  Provide an example where I haven't been able to understand someone's intent.

Sure, sometimes someone may say something and it's not obvious that they're being sarcastic.  This is a message board where you can only go by words without hearing someone's voice.  This stuff happens all the time in the real world with emails being the go to communication method.

My friend you’re literally proving my point lol. I was joking about your quirkiness and how I’ve always enjoyed it. It went along really well with logicals description and also why you’re the only person around here who has 6 page long discussions with him. 

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

My friend you’re literally proving my point lol. I was joking about your quirkiness and how I’ve always enjoyed it. It went along really well with logicals description and also why you’re the only person around here who has 6 page long discussions with him. 

Lol and how was I supposed to know the reason you wrote that?  I'm not a mind reader although life would be easier if I was.

I go back and forth with him because I don't find him to be a complete jackass like other people.  When it's obvious that he's trolling I won't engage him.  But sometimes I think he just wants to talk football, enjoys coming on this message board for whatever reason, so I'll talk to him.  We were having a discussion that others didn't seem to care for a few weeks ago.  It was about him saying that the Titans would never win with Tannehill where my point was that winning the Super Bowl is hard regardless so you can hold that opinion out and likely say you were right since the likelihood is that whatever team/QB you decide to take that argument up for will probably not win.  That's his opinion and that's fine.  But I didn't get the impression that he was doing it to piss people off.  When he starts making threads for no reason other than to get under people's skin when there's already threads about it I won't engage him.  And sometimes Jonboy locks those threads anyways because the intent is obvious.

8 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Lol and how was I supposed to know the reason you wrote that?  I'm not a mind reader although life would be easier if I was.

I go back and forth with him because I don't find him to be a complete jackass like other people.  When it's obvious that he's trolling I won't engage him.  But sometimes I think he just wants to talk football, enjoys coming on this message board for whatever reason, so I'll talk to him.  We were having a discussion that others didn't seem to care for a few weeks ago.  It was about him saying that the Titans would never win with Tannehill where my point was that winning the Super Bowl is hard regardless so you can hold that opinion out and likely say you were right since the likelihood is that whatever team/QB you decide to take that argument up for will probably not win.  That's his opinion and that's fine.  But I didn't get the impression that he was doing it to piss people off.  When he starts making threads for no reason other than to get under people's skin when there's already threads about it I won't engage him.  And sometimes Jonboy locks those threads anyways because the intent is obvious.

:) I don’t mind him either though I did find it pretty funny how you basically ignored everyone else in that thread yelling at you to stop. It was a classic in my mind and one of the reasons I love this place. There are a ton of different personalities here and you have to read between the lines a bit to understand someone’s POV to properly get the context and reasoning behind what they’re saying and why they’re saying it…which is why I quoted that specific post because it reminded me a lot of you and of that thread. 

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I was thinking the same thing.

“I’m not sure what you mean, please provide and example of when I don’t understand what someone means.”

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

:) I don’t mind him either though I did find it pretty funny how you basically ignored everyone else in that thread yelling at you to stop. It was a classic in my mind and one of the reasons I love this place. There are a ton of different personalities here and you have to read between the lines a bit to understand someone’s POV to properly get the context and reasoning behind what they’re saying and why they’re saying it…which is why I quoted that specific post because it reminded me a lot of you and of that thread. 

I did stop eventually, I could've kept going.  I know that he's not for everyone.  But I think at times he's just looking to talk football and, while his opinions on Tannehill are well known and I think over the top, he doesn't do things like resort to name calling as others do.  And I think other times he does it jokingly to get a reaction, which I think is where people think he's trolling.

Like last year, I challenged him to show that Tannehill isn't a top half of the league quarterback.  And he came up with I think 16 or 17 guys where it was pretty evident he was stretching it.  I think deep down he knows that Tannehill is a solid QB.  But because he can get reactions he says what he says.  I also think he's as over the top about Tannehill as some are on the other end.

10 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

It’s between the worst in El Tractorcito and the best in Fat Randy. 

How far medicine has grown.., maybe 10-15 years or sooner they’ll figure out a way, to, just to give a needle and all these tears in knees arms fingers will be done without any surgery…. and recovery time will be even faster. We have come so far in sports medicine to where even in baseball tommy john used to be a career killer now guys are coming back better than ever. 

11 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

Doubtful. 

You probably also interject your opinion on matters when no one else asks. 

I do hope your party goes well and you take a few minutes from the board to actually engage with your “friends” in real life. If they are really your friends. 

On 5/24/2022 at 4:45 PM, logicals said:

The study that showed over 70% of NFL players are never the same after ACL tears is not old. 

It was literally published this year, and covered injuries through 2018.

Woods has a 28% or so chance of ever being the same player he was.

JRob:

db958fda-ab63-4562-b7d4-6c16bda4a7c5_tex