Robert Woods ACL recovery

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That won't stop Bud from being an old man yelling at clouds because of his hate for TN.

Bobby Trees isn't anywhere close to "Tickle Monsters"

Not good with numbers so maybe you can tell me if these have any meaning:   10/18/21: 34-31

Posted Images

Just now, Justafan said:

This can’t be true. I was told by multiple geniuses here that he would miss half the season!

Big difference between being available and being back to 100% of his pre-injury self that usually takes around 18 months post ACL reconstruction surgery.

12 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Big difference between being available and being back to 100% of his pre-injury self that usually takes around 18 months post ACL reconstruction surgery.

We see guys come back after 9 months and be fine all the time now. 

12 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Return to play yes but the vast majority take longer to return to their pre-injury self, we have seen it first hand here with Simmons, Lewan and Dupree all were on the field but extremely inconsistent with their play after initially returning from their ACL injuries.

Its also why there is hope for an increase in performance for Lewan and Dupree this year but also need to be extremely cautious on expecting much from Farley.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Return to play yes but the vast majority take longer to return to their pre-injury self, we have seen it first hand here with Simmons, Lewan and Dupree all were on the field but extremely inconsistent with their play after initially returning from their ACL injuries.

That happens, but plenty of players come back fine. 

Also, I was referring to people who were talking about him literally not returning until November, not concerns that he might not be 100% which is reasonable. 

Over under 700 is the highest receiver total we’ll have all season by one wideout.. I just don’t see where the yards are coming. Burks is a rookie, Woods coming off major knee injury, fitzpatrick? firsker? hooper? I think we have bottom 5 receivers in NFL.. 

17 hours ago, Justafan said:

The average return time is 10.9 months.  First game is in 10 months from his injury.

And, I think the thought is that he will be back and he will be healthy, but will he be what he was before the injury at 10 months, or will it take another season.

Different position, but there have been many on here that make the case that Lewan will be better this season because he was coming off an ACL.  Lewan's injury came about a month earlier in the 20 season than Woods injury in the 21 season.

It is not unreasonable or even unlikely that Woods will not be what he was prior to the injury for the majority, if not all of this year.  And, I am sure that many will expect him to be better next year because it will have been 22 months since the injury.

That isn't to say he can't be effective and available.  Just that he may not be, and probably won't be, the explosive playmaker he was, especially early in the season.

Burks will get catches because there aren’t any better options. I think 800 yards should be reasonable for him just based on that and physical ability. Woods might get the same, but I just don’t know how his knee will respond. Hooper honestly could be an 800 yard guy if he gets enough looks just based on how he did in Atlanta.