30 seconds (first part of his live stream of his killing) before Payton Gendron, white supremacist, starts shooting

9 Nines

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Remember when Trey Gowdy said no one was giving Trump credit for no school shootings under his watch?   During Covid when the Schools were shut down!

Do you even realize you immediately go to right wing talking points on everything? We shouldn't regulate gun ownership because they are easy to get illegally! Think about that for a second and then ap

Except for the fact this stuff doesn't happen with any regularity in any other country on earth

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

Why do you think a hunting rifle is harder to kill with than an AR-15?

You can buy a hunting rifle that shoots the same or equivalent caliber ammunition and similarly high capacity magazines. 

Seems like any difference would be minimal at best. 

I’m honesty curious what specifically you think makes a significant difference.

Just checking, I found that an AR-15 semi automatic can fire ~45 bullets per minute.   Standard hunting rifles  and handguns are much less bullets per minute. 

Also, supposedly there are hacks to make the AR-15 automatic, in which case the rate is ten times that. 

17 minutes ago, 9 Nines said:

Just checking, I found that an AR-15 semi automatic can fire ~45 bullets per minute.   Standard hunting rifles  and handguns are much less bullets per minute. 

Also, supposedly there are hacks to make the AR-15 automatic, in which case the rate is ten times that. 

I haven’t heard of a mass shooter using a hack to make their gun automatic though. The closest was the Las Vegas shooter using a bump stock. 

I’m not sure why a semi-automatic hunting rifle with the same sized magazine would necessarily be fewer rounds per minute. 

Most hunters are using smaller magazines so they’re going to have fewer rounds per minute due to having to reload more often. There’s nothing stopping me from buying a hunting rifle that uses the same ammo (or equivalent) as an AR-15 and having a large capacity magazine so I have to reload less often though.

I think it would be just as deadly as an AR-15, unless someone can explain a specific reason why it wouldn’t. 

18 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I haven’t heard of a mass shooter using a hack to make their gun automatic though. The closest was the Las Vegas shooter using a bump stock. 

I’m not sure why a semi-automatic hunting rifle with the same sized magazine would necessarily be fewer rounds per minute. 

Most hunters are using smaller magazines so they’re going to have fewer rounds per minute due to having to reload more often. There’s nothing stopping me from buying a hunting rifle that uses the same ammo (or equivalent) as an AR-15 and having a large capacity magazine so I have to reload less often though.

I think it would be just as deadly as an AR-15, unless someone can explain a specific reason why it wouldn’t. 

Hunting rifles are not nearly as easy to customize and are heavier. There’s your answer. 

1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

Why do you think a hunting rifle is harder to kill with than an AR-15?

You can buy a hunting rifle that shoots the same or equivalent caliber ammunition and similarly high capacity magazines. 

Seems like any difference would be minimal at best. 

I’m honesty curious what specifically you think makes a significant difference.

Ask @Justafan as I recall he touched on something related to this issue a while back.  

One of the issues discussed was the possibility of banning the larger magazines in which case it wouldn't matter if it was a hunting rifle or an AR-15. 

Shootings involving high-capacity magazines have more fatalities and injuries than those that do not. In mass shootings between 2009 and 2020, high-capacity magazines led to 5x as many people shot per mass shooting.

High-capacity magazines are often used in the violence that plagues our nation. Firearms equipped with high-capacity magazines account for an estimated 22 to 36% of crime guns. This threat to public safety has no place in our communities.

In 1994, Congress passed a law generally prohibiting high-capacity magazines, but the prohibition expired in 2004. As a result, high-capacity magazines are legal unless state or local law prohibits them. Research shows that states with restrictions on magazine size experience mass shootings at less than half the rate of states without restrictions. Another study estimated that mass shooting deaths were 70% less likely to occur when the federal prohibition on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines was in effect.

Want to save lives in mass shootings? Ban large-capacity magazines, researchers say

From 1990 to 2017, most 'high-fatality mass shootings' were done by shooters equipped with high-capacity magazines.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/want-save-lives-mass-shootings-ban-large-capacity-magazines-researchers-n1066551

More bullets, more fatalities.

That, in a nutshell, is the conclusion of a new Columbia University study which posits that banning large-capacity magazines (LCMs) could substantially lower the death toll in mass shootings.

“Whether or not to ban large-capacity magazines is at the heart of the national debate over how to reduce gun violence,” said Louis Klarevas, a research professor at Teachers College and the lead author of the study. “Our research suggests that imposing tight restrictions on LCMs offers a practical legislative solution for helping to safeguard Americans from the threats of mass shootings.”

Also called high-capacity magazines, LCMs are detachable ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 bullets and allow a shooter to keep firing without having to pause to reload.

Klarevas said their research suggests the odds of a person surviving a mass shooting go up significantly when the shooter's weapon is not equipped with an LCM.

14 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Want to save lives in mass shootings? Ban large-capacity magazines, researchers say

From 1990 to 2017, most 'high-fatality mass shootings' were done by shooters equipped with high-capacity magazines.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/want-save-lives-mass-shootings-ban-large-capacity-magazines-researchers-n1066551

More bullets, more fatalities.

That, in a nutshell, is the conclusion of a new Columbia University study which posits that banning large-capacity magazines (LCMs) could substantially lower the death toll in mass shootings.

“Whether or not to ban large-capacity magazines is at the heart of the national debate over how to reduce gun violence,” said Louis Klarevas, a research professor at Teachers College and the lead author of the study. “Our research suggests that imposing tight restrictions on LCMs offers a practical legislative solution for helping to safeguard Americans from the threats of mass shootings.”

Also called high-capacity magazines, LCMs are detachable ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 bullets and allow a shooter to keep firing without having to pause to reload.

Klarevas said their research suggests the odds of a person surviving a mass shooting go up significantly when the shooter's weapon is not equipped with an LCM.

I wonder if magazine capacity limits would be allowed by the current SCOTUS. Also seems unlikely we’ll have 60 votes for that soon.

I still think calling their bluff on mental health stuff would be good. We either get good mental health policy or they lose their go to talking point. Seems like a win either way.  

internet is and always will be the bane of society… forever. There’s good but boy sure as hell more bad on there. Before you wanted like minded idiots you had to make flyers and word of mouth and meet up in some barn spewing hatred and shit… now it’s as easy as a click to post, find whatever vile, racist shit you want. Then ontop of that you can stream it online so people can get off on it. Then you got these dick faces crying about some censorship bullshit. This little bitch is one of many online right now raging.. about people of color. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Stop helping foreign nations stop giving aidr

to other countries and start fighting these domestic terrorists before more and more of this happens. 

Then be prepared for China to fill the void and for countries to re-align themselves with China.

The USA can chew gum and walk at the same time.