Rookie Mini Camp Updates

5 hours ago, titansfan said:

They likely struggled in the heat there too. He's out of shape but this is not a big deal 

Never woulda made Bear Byrant's Texas Tech teams.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junction_Boys

Practices began before dawn and usually lasted all day, with meetings in the evening until 11pm. The oppressive heat combined with the brutal practice schedule was too much for many of the players. Each day, fewer and fewer players reported for practice, as many quit the team from illness or disgust. The situation was compounded by Bryant's refusal to allow water breaks. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t wait to see practice clips so I can finally feel confident in my opinion about our future QB1, WR1, RB1, LT1, and TE1. 

Sounds like Kyle Phillips was the early star out of the rookies    

Willis seemed very likeable and personable in all the interviews and in the presser   The total opposite of that mental midget socially awkward retard Marcus Mariota 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, titanruss said:

You said this earlier.. so he def has asthma? Weird that's not a bigger drop on the draft board. 

Athletes in all pro sports compete with asthma.  They have as @Amy pointed out made huge strides in treatments.  That's also taken into consideration that a person with severe uncontrollable asthma could never have competed in the SEC.

Nashville is a challenge for asthmatics

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/morning_call/2013/04/3-tennessee-cities-on-10-worst-list.html

19 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Never woulda made Bear Byrant's Texas Tech teams.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junction_Boys

Practices began before dawn and usually lasted all day, with meetings in the evening until 11pm. The oppressive heat combined with the brutal practice schedule was too much for many of the players. Each day, fewer and fewer players reported for practice, as many quit the team from illness or disgust. The situation was compounded by Bryant's refusal to allow water breaks. 

Yeah and that was a dumb thing for him to do

9 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I bet Mariota will wind up as having had the better career as a Titan.

I'd say the same thing

But

Mariota was a way more costly bust being the 2nd pick, it won't matter about Willis getting drafted at the end of the 3rd

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

I'd say the same thing

But

Mariota was a way more costly bust being the 2nd pick, it won't matter about Willis getting drafted at the end of the 3rd

True. And if Willis does turn out to have a productive or even impressive career JRob will have carte blanche to tell everyone to lick and suck the tears off his quiver chins.

On 5/13/2022 at 9:11 PM, OILERMAN said:

Willis seemed very likeable and personable in all the interviews and in the presser

The total opposite of that mental midget socially awkward retard Marcus Mariota 

Just a bit of irony