Elon Musk--The Evangelicals New Hero because he is against censoring lies.

Number9

Go to the 7:00 mark to see what Elon says about Jesusantity.  

I know what Jesus said about the devil.  He is a liar and the father of all lies.  I guess standing up for people in power to have freedom to tell lies over the number one source of information in America is what makes them love Elon.  

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, Republicans are getting more moderate!    

Actually, yes.  GDP is up.  Consumer spending is up.  With gas prices and inflation, we should be in a recession, but we're not.  In fact, the entire point of raising interest rates is to SLOW the eco

LOL    

Posted Images

Haven't been around here much lately.

Moving my comment there.  Someone probably already said the same thing.

Mods move please.

8 minutes ago, Jerry Blair said:

I still want a Tesla.

The tech is solid, but cheap materials and ride quality will make you hate driving it in a pretty short amount of time.

We have a Lexus IS and a Tesla and the difference is night and day in terms of the quality of the car is very noticeable.

1 hour ago, Jerry Blair said:

I still want a Tesla.

The tech is good but there have been some significant build quality issues, probably due to a mad dash to try and meet demand. 

It will be interesting to see how the electric car competition does over the next few years.

Teslas drive rough and the screen is super annoying and actually pretty dangerous. Still, the acceleration/ dollar is incredible and the thought of gas prices having little effect on you is pretty nice. 

15 hours ago, Jerry Blair said:

I still want a Tesla.

I don't really... Still pretty conflicted tbh.

Yeah, it has the best tech, but the build quality was always a concern to me. That's only grown as a concern as the price has skyrocketed in the past year. A Model 3 started with the goal of only being 35K. The cheapest I could build now is $48,440. Build quality inconsistencies on a 50K car seems a little ridiculous.

Elon is becoming more and more distasteful to me, so I think that could be a dealbreaker. I'd definitely still test drive one as part of my evaluation process though. Maybe it would win me over!

There are just more and more alternatives that I think are actually good now, from what I hear at least. The Ford Mustang Mach-E seems solid and like a Model Y competitor. Then there's been a lot of love for the Hyundai offerings that are coming out. The Ioniq and Kona being the two I hear about. 

The thing is that Tesla basically has the cool brand though. Even if the Ford or the Hyundai are competitive from an objective standpoint, Tesla basically has the "Apple factor" of being the it brand. Also, if you want a car that your conservative friends won't make fun of you for having, then Tesla is definitely that brand!

Edited by Titans279

27 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Also, if you want a car that your conservative friends won't make fun of you for having, then Tesla is definitely that brand!

lol.  I didn't think about that.  I can now see a Tesla in driveways across the south sitting next to a 10k lb dualie truck with stacks out the top and nuts hanging off the two hitch.  

He may have just got 10s if not 100s of thousands of new customers.  Not bad Elon.  Not bad at all.  

34 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Yeah, it has the best tech, but the build quality was always a concern to me. That's only grown as a concern as the price has skyrocketed in the past year. A Model 3 started with the goal of only being 35K. The cheapest I could build now is $48,440. Build quality inconsistencies on a 50K car seems a little ridiculous.

Elon is becoming more and more distasteful to me, so I think that could be a dealbreaker. I'd definitely still test drive one as part of my evaluation process though. Maybe it would win me over!

There are just more and more alternatives that I think are actually good now, from what I hear at least. The Ford Mustang Mach-E seems solid and like a Model Y competitor. Then there's been a lot of love for the Hyundai offerings that are coming out. The Ioniq and Kona being the two I hear about. 

The thing is that Tesla basically has the cool brand though. Even if the Ford or the Hyundai are competitive from an objective standpoint, Tesla basically has the "Apple factor" of being the it brand. Also, if you want a car that your conservative friends won't make fun of you for having, then Tesla is definitely that brand!

Nailed it all right there. Tesla is the Apple of cars - specifically, they are seen as the super innovative 2007ish-2012ish era of Apple by car shoppers.

However, Elon is an annoying twat and the cult worship by edge lords and NFT/crypto bros that he gets is just weird. Once again, this is similar to how Steve Jobs was treated. Both are pretty shitty to their workers but get every ounce of creativity and skill from their employees as well. 

As for a test drive, if you do drive a Tesla, you will almost assuredly get it based solely off the initial drive. You won’t notice any issues off the bat that you naturally notice in a car you drive for a few weeks or longer, so there is no negativity. Combine that with an absurd acceleration and the display being what it is, and you’re hard pressed not to buy it.

At the end of the day, I’d much rather have a solidly built car that just so happens to be fuel efficient/electric (Most legacy brands) than an advanced battery that just so happens to be attached to an mediocre-built car (Tesla).

Edited by TitansFan777

1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

57 minutes ago, TitansFan777 said:

At the end of the day, I’d much rather have a solidly built car that just so happens to be fuel efficient/electric (Most legacy brands) than an advanced battery that just so happens to be attached to an mediocre-built car (Tesla).

As someone who's driven most of the EV options to date and recently preordered their 4th Tesla, I don't really agree with these assessments.

The build issues are overblown. The last time I saw an issue with panels or paint outside of youtube, was 2018.

Teslas are solidly built cars as far as I can tell. Structurally, they hold up better than similarly sized cars in crashes and the data supports that. And I've never had any service issues with mine.

Some people find the road noise a bit loud but it really depends on what you're used to. The M3 is significantly louder than most luxury cars I've driven but if that's what you're used to, you can probably buy a model S and have no issue.

I also wouldn't say the model 3 rides 'rough' though it depends on what you're comparing it to. There are trade offs with the model 3 just like every other car. You'll definitely feel the road in a 3 performance with stock 21" wheels but that's kind of the idea.

23 hours ago, El Guapo said:

image.thumb.jpeg.b7173dcc389d9d7e818d56f1093855b6.jpeg

I do wonder if some of his recent public statements are about getting more right-wingers to buy his electric cars.