Jump to content

Titans looked into trading for Watson and Rodgers


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, big2033 said:

The logic doesn't make sense. You don't "hitch your wagon" to a green rookie you'll replace in one year. 

Well no shit, that's why Ridder will be the backup long term in Atlanta like I said and they'll draft their long term QB in the draft next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non issue.  Of course they "looked into" trading for both guys.  The Rodgers stuff isn't news and neither should the Watson stuff.  Any idiot with a brain would have done the same thing.

jrob would be fucking terrible at his job if he didn't inquire about Rodgers, Watson, Wilson, etc... He would also be terrible at his job if he didn't start thinking about what to do at QB with a 34 y

Sometimes the IQ of this place astounds me.  Not in a good way , either.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, big2033 said:

 

You and I both know you don't waste a 3rd round pick on that unless you value the pick as a future starter. 

 

You can get a lot of free agent QBs instead of spending a third round pick. Wait until the 4th, 5th 6th .. 

 

You're literally saying you spend a 3rd round pick on a QB that might not start but if he does he def won't be ready to play. For a year or less ... then you draft your real starter.

You've got to be shitting me that you actually believe teams value 3rd round drafted QBs to be the future of their franchises?

 

No one is doing that absolutely no one is gambling their job and all of the staff they employee on third round QB's.

 

We're talking about guys at that point who grade out as potential backups as in maybe.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Smokes said:

Well no shit, that's why Ridder will be the backup long term in Atlanta like I said and they'll draft their long term QB in the draft next year.

 

So you're telling me they spent a 3rd round pick on a future backup when they don't have a future starter? 

 

Yeah ... lol ok ... say what you said three times in your head.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Smokes said:

You've got to be shitting me that you actually believe teams value 3rd round drafted QBs to be the future of their franchises?

 

No one is doing that absolutely no one is gambling their job and all of the staff they employee on third round QB's.

 

We're talking about guys at that point who grade out as potential backups as in maybe.

 

 

So instead they'll just gamble their job by wasting their pick on a backup ... ok.

 

I'm not sure you thought this through.

Edited by big2033
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, big2033 said:

 

So you're telling me they spent a 3rd round pick on a future backup when they don't have a future starter? 

 

Yeah ... lol ok ... say what you said three times in your head.

They don't have anybody else in the room besides Mariota, why would you sign another nobody backup to backup a nobody backup who your going to start and fail with vs taking a flyer on a third round QB?

 

Do you believe yes or no that if a QB grades out as a first round top 10 talent next year that Atlanta is going to bypass them and stick with Ridder?

Edited by Smokes
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, big2033 said:

 

So instead they'll just gamble their job by wasting their pick on a backup ... ok.

It's a third round pick.

 

JRob and Vrabel haven't been ran out of town yet over Darrynton Evans.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Smokes said:

It's a third round pick.

 

JRob and Vrabel haven't been ran out of town yet over Darrynton Evans.

 

Nobody gets ran out of town for one pick. But it was def news that they cut him. Not a good look. By your estimation only the 1st round pick matters? The rest are useless fliers? 

 

When are we tossing away Kevin Byard? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, big2033 said:

 

Nobody gets ran out of town for one pick. But it was def news that they cut him. Not a good look. By your estimation only the 1st round pick matters? The rest are useless fliers? 

 

When are we tossing away Kevin Byard? 

It was random ass news at that point and not a shock, now had they spent a first yeah that would have been news.

 

And I'll ask again yes or no when Atlanta is picking in the top ten next year and they will be if a QB is available to them at their spot that grades out as a 1st round top 10 prospect are they going to bypass them and stick with Ridder?

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Smokes said:

It was random ass news at that point and not a shock, now had they spent a first yeah that would have been news.

 

And I'll ask again yes or no when Atlanta is picking in the top ten next year and they will be if a QB is available to them at their spot that grades out as a 1st round top 10 prospect are they going to bypass them and stick with Ridder?

 

If they'll be picking in the top 10 next year and want a QB it's a waste to draft Ridder. 

 

But they'll likely take a hard look at Ridder to say if they should spend another pick on a QB.

 

But they definitely didn't draft Ridder with that mentality. That's a dumb mentality to have.

 

I think teams have immediate needs. And they grade those needs. You don't know what the future will bring in terms of prospect grades and draft placement. So when you draft, you draft with the plan to draft starters. Especially in the top 3 rounds.

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

I cannot believe anyone doesn’t understand why the Titans drafted Willis in the 3rd round. The Titans bought a lottery ticket that could go boom or go bust. The beauty is they didn’t use a premium pick in the 1st round and define their regime by Willis. Robinson will look like a genius if Willis develops into a franchise QB. If he doesn’t, he can always draft another. 

 

That's pretty much how I read most people understanding it? It's obviously a low risk boom potential pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, big2033 said:

 

If they'll be picking in the top 10 next year and want a QB it's a waste to draft Ridder. 

 

But they'll likely take a hard look at Ridder to say if they should spend another pick on a QB.

 

But they definitely didn't draft Ridder with that mentality. That's a dumb mentality to have.

 

I think teams have immediate needs. And they grade those needs. You don't know what the future will bring in terms of prospect grades and draft placement. So when you draft, you draft with the plan to draft starters. Especially in the top 3 rounds.

 

No way a team passes up a genuine early graded QB prospect if they have a chance for one because they spent 3rd round capital on a QB a season prior. Even the Texans and Mills who showed a lot last year would have been hard to pass on a QB if there was one worthy of the 3rd pick this year (nevermind the Lions would have taken him 2nd).

Edited by OzTitan
Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

 

No way a team passes up a genuine early graded QB prospect if they have a chance for one because they spent 3rd round capital on a QB a season prior. Even the Texans and Mills who showed a lot last year would have been hard to pass on a QB if there was one worthy of the 3rd pick this year (nevermind the Lions would have taken him 2nd).

Shit, ARZ wasted a 1st on Rosen (traded up to get him too) and still picked Murray #1 the next year.  So there goes that theory.  If they believe that qb can be a franchise guy (and there is no franchise caliber qb on the roster), past draft capital spent is not a factor.

 

Smokes, Welcome to the Vortex.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

 

No way a team passes up a genuine early graded QB prospect if they have a chance for one because they spent 3rd round capital on a QB a season prior. Even the Texans and Mills who showed a lot last year would have been hard to pass on a QB if there was one worthy of the 3rd pick this year (nevermind the Lions would have taken him 2nd).

 

Sure. But why draft one a year prior? You guys are on one hand guaranteeing they'll draft another in the first later. But with that thought process, why draft one in the third now.

 

Doesn't add up.

 

There's an easy answer here.

Edited by big2033
Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Shit, ARZ wasted a 1st on Rosen (traded up to get him too) and still picked Murray #1 the next year.  So there goes that theory.  If they believe that qb can be a franchise guy (and there is no franchise caliber qb on the roster), past draft capital spent is not a factor.

 

Smokes, Welcome to the Vortex.

 

 

 

This is def. True. But what was the expectation with Rosen before drafting Murray?

 

It's not a vortex ... it's an easy answer here.

Edited by big2033
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...