Titans looked into trading for Watson and Rodgers

Jamalisms

Just now, big2033 said:

Great. But you can replace him in a year with a 1st round QB ... why waste the pick? 

Because Mariota might prove to still not even be an NFL caliber starter. They need to have someone in house right now that can step in if he gets hurt like he always does or plays like a compete bum. Rudder's NFL comp is actually Mariota. It makes perfect sense even if you know you're likely picking a QB next year. Also, we are not the falcons. The QB situations aren't even comparable. Mariota was a full time back up last season...

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non issue.  Of course they "looked into" trading for both guys.  The Rodgers stuff isn't news and neither should the Watson stuff.  Any idiot with a brain would have done the same thing.

Sometimes the IQ of this place astounds me.  Not in a good way , either.

jrob would be fucking terrible at his job if he didn't inquire about Rodgers, Watson, Wilson, etc... He would also be terrible at his job if he didn't start thinking about what to do at QB with a 34 y

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

Because Mariota might prove to still not even be an NFL caliber starter. They need to have someone in house right now that can step in if he gets hurt like he always does or plays like a compete bum. Rudder's NFL comp is actually Mariota. It makes perfect sense even if you know you're likely picking a QB next year. Also, we are not the falcons. The QB situations aren't even comparable. Mariota was a full time back up last season...

I have no idea WHY he needs this to be explained to be honest.  Either he's totally dense about this or pretending to be.

6 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

You and I both know you don't waste a 3rd round pick on that unless you value the pick as a future starter. 

You can get a lot of free agent QBs instead of spending a third round pick. Wait until the 4th, 5th 6th .. 

You're literally saying you spend a 3rd round pick on a QB that might not start but if he does he def won't be ready to play. For a year or less ... then you draft your real starter.

Edited by big2033

I listened to Lombardi today and he said the NFL just wasn't interested in these QBs outside of the guy the Steelers drafted. He specifically said Willis should be inactive all 17 games and shouldn't touch the field. Lombardi said Willis isn't even close to executing an NFL passing game, no kidding. 

The PFF podcast compared The Willis/Tanny situation to Cousins and Kellen Mond who the Vikes drafted in the 3rd round last year. He was talked about as someone who might push Cousins. Cousins signed an extension this off season with the Vikes 

4 hours ago, Smokes said:

Mettenberger was projected as high as a second rounder and went in the sixth.

Clearly the NFL imposes a 4 round penalty for booger eating on camera...

Edited by ChemEngr79

1 hour ago, big2033 said:

The logic doesn't make sense. You don't "hitch your wagon" to a green rookie you'll replace in one year. 

Well no shit, that's why Ridder will be the backup long term in Atlanta like I said and they'll draft their long term QB in the draft next year.

1 hour ago, big2033 said:

You and I both know you don't waste a 3rd round pick on that unless you value the pick as a future starter. 

You can get a lot of free agent QBs instead of spending a third round pick. Wait until the 4th, 5th 6th .. 

You're literally saying you spend a 3rd round pick on a QB that might not start but if he does he def won't be ready to play. For a year or less ... then you draft your real starter.

You've got to be shitting me that you actually believe teams value 3rd round drafted QBs to be the future of their franchises?

No one is doing that absolutely no one is gambling their job and all of the staff they employee on third round QB's.

We're talking about guys at that point who grade out as potential backups as in maybe.

10 minutes ago, Smokes said:

Well no shit, that's why Ridder will be the backup long term in Atlanta like I said and they'll draft their long term QB in the draft next year.

So you're telling me they spent a 3rd round pick on a future backup when they don't have a future starter? 

Yeah ... lol ok ... say what you said three times in your head.

3 minutes ago, Smokes said:

You've got to be shitting me that you actually believe teams value 3rd round drafted QBs to be the future of their franchises?

No one is doing that absolutely no one is gambling their job and all of the staff they employee on third round QB's.

We're talking about guys at that point who grade out as potential backups as in maybe.

So instead they'll just gamble their job by wasting their pick on a backup ... ok.

I'm not sure you thought this through.

Edited by big2033

5 minutes ago, big2033 said:

So you're telling me they spent a 3rd round pick on a future backup when they don't have a future starter? 

Yeah ... lol ok ... say what you said three times in your head.

They don't have anybody else in the room besides Mariota, why would you sign another nobody backup to backup a nobody backup who your going to start and fail with vs taking a flyer on a third round QB?

Do you believe yes or no that if a QB grades out as a first round top 10 talent next year that Atlanta is going to bypass them and stick with Ridder?

Edited by Smokes

Just now, Smokes said:

It's a third round pick.

JRob and Vrabel haven't been ran out of town yet over Darrynton Evans.

Nobody gets ran out of town for one pick. But it was def news that they cut him. Not a good look. By your estimation only the 1st round pick matters? The rest are useless fliers? 

When are we tossing away Kevin Byard? 

14 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Nobody gets ran out of town for one pick. But it was def news that they cut him. Not a good look. By your estimation only the 1st round pick matters? The rest are useless fliers? 

When are we tossing away Kevin Byard? 

It was random ass news at that point and not a shock, now had they spent a first yeah that would have been news.

And I'll ask again yes or no when Atlanta is picking in the top ten next year and they will be if a QB is available to them at their spot that grades out as a 1st round top 10 prospect are they going to bypass them and stick with Ridder?

3 minutes ago, Smokes said:

It was random ass news at that point and not a shock, now had they spent a first yeah that would have been news.

And I'll ask again yes or no when Atlanta is picking in the top ten next year and they will be if a QB is available to them at their spot that grades out as a 1st round top 10 prospect are they going to bypass them and stick with Ridder?

If they'll be picking in the top 10 next year and want a QB it's a waste to draft Ridder. 

But they'll likely take a hard look at Ridder to say if they should spend another pick on a QB.

But they definitely didn't draft Ridder with that mentality. That's a dumb mentality to have.

I think teams have immediate needs. And they grade those needs. You don't know what the future will bring in terms of prospect grades and draft placement. So when you draft, you draft with the plan to draft starters. Especially in the top 3 rounds.