Is Tannehill Broken? Some say yes.

titaninpgh

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we have one star who’s not a pussy who wants to kill themself?

Yeah...I don't get what people wanted from that presser. I thought it was fine. He clearly knew what kind of questions he was going to get and handled it as well as he could have.  Zero issues

Posted Images

6 hours ago, tgo said:

Makes no sense to keep Logan Woodside on the active roster. He could be kept on the practice squad and serve the same role without wasting a roster spot. 

This is probably what will happen, they haven't carried a 3rd QB in a long, long time and Woodside will easily clear waivers. There's no rule about who will get the most reps, the PS guy can get just as many. If Tanny were to go down for more than part of a game, they can easily elevate Woodside if (which will probably be the case) they think Willis isn't ready. As a bonus they have Wilis to run package plays which actually helps preserve the starter's health.  

I had no problem whatsoever with RT's remarks. There's been a huge emphasis both in and out of the league with promoting mental health awareness keying on that having athletes and others admitting they "needed help" in certain situations will remove the stigma from it  and encourage people who genuinely do need help to get it. It's off season and post draft NFL people are looking for any copy they can, especially PK who I'm sure has his subscription rate dwindle this time of year. @Omar made a great point about McNair; there was all this talk about him being a surrogate father figure leading up to and after VY being drafted; he literally forced his way off the roster with the fake lock out after they took VY early in the draft. Should RT have  made some unremarkable cliche quote about how eager he was to help the rookie? Probably, but it's a huge nothing burger.

627056FD-F16E-4FC6-8843-92EA819E059A.thumb.jpeg.38f8298f7d28db064d12762ea5946017.jpeg

Hey Touched, how’s my tard bitch doing tonight? Since shitting the bed seems to be the topic of the night you might want to tell PopTard that they probably have a generic version of these since StepMomTard isn’t around with the stick anymore.

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

Well that's funny, because that was the breakdown that was posted on him, and someone else pointed out that Liberty had little talent so it did not matter anyway.  You keep watching hilite reels that only show the good plays. Watch the one that was posted with the bad ones. They were very ugly.  He had 27 TDs to 12 Ints. That is not a good ratio at all. but the guy is a great runner, and I can see him being used differently. 

He scored 40 TD and 3700 yards in 13 games last year with 151 rating on a team that probably couldn't beat literally any high school team in Texas. 

18 hours ago, stormi said:

Is being a "top 10-12 quarterback" good enough in this league?

That would mean you're very likely the worse QB in every playoff showdown you get into.

The bar shouldn't be set at having the best QB in the division and the messes in Jacksonville, Houston and Indianapolis - but I fear for a large majority of the fanbase, it just is.

Good point. Get Robinson on the phone. Tell him we need a top 5 QB in here stat….

Edited by japan

16 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

You have to see where Willis is at before you can go there IMO.  Having Willis as the backup, as raw as he is, would be pretty risky.

I think you definitely roll with Willis as the 2 and the stiff on the PS. If Tannehill gets hurt, you just run an RPO offense for that game then reassess.

2 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

13 were running.  This is just another McNair, VY, Locker, Mariota, et al of those running QBs the Titans have been dazzled by over the years. The problem is they cannot do the prime job of a QB - pass. Being a fan since 1999, I have seen this movie before.  With his 2-1 ratio, I am sure the coaches preferred he ran instead of passed. So he will dazzle for a while, then be schemed once they have enough tape on him. I know the ending.  Remain awed and you will be let down Charlie Brown. Lucy is going to yank that football again. And do you believe he was playing against ANY teams that had NFL talent? 

Nah. It's a new NFL, and Willis isn't a "running QB." He's a scrambler like Wilson, Mahomes, Montana, Steve Young. I assume you've "seen (that) movie before." 

Watching breakdowns of Willis, it's clear to me that he doesn't always run or use his legs because he fails to read the defense correctly or doesn't sense pressure. Sure, he does that some, but not like Mariota or Kaep or Jackson. This guy scrambles and keeps his eyes down field. All that stuff will get even sharper as he receives NFL level training, and again, to compare Mariota, Willis looks for the big play as a weakness, as opposed to Mariota who looks for the safe play. 

2 hours ago, japan said:

I think you definitely roll with Willis as the 2 and the stiff on the PS. If Tannehill gets hurt, you just run an RPO offense for that game then reassess.

I think it depends on how raw Willis is as a QB.  I'm not ruling it out but they need to see him on field before going there.

14 hours ago, big2033 said:

You guys have spent way too much on this. It won't matter at the end of the day. 

99% of this is all fan/media driven BS and there's nothing to it.

3 hours ago, japan said:

Good point. Get Robinson on the phone. Tell him we need a top 5 QB in here stat….

I think he already made the decision to get one indirectly.

The Titans were sniffing around on Rodgers, spent a high draft pick on a quarterback for the first time in years and refused to pay our superstar young WR.

There is no faith amongst the braintrust in our current quarterback room. You have to get that right to have any chance of winning a superbowl. I think Robinson has finally came to that realization after 2019, 2020 and 2021. 

Should be interesting to see what happens barring a step back in production this year from the team.

On 5/3/2022 at 10:48 PM, Titans279 said:

The knives are definitely out for Tannehill. It really is weird given how much the media bent over backwards to protect Mariota. 

Davenport’s comment about “kid gloves” coming off seems almost literally true. People really did treat him like he was the nice neighbor boy or something lol. 

Usually media knows inside stuff.  I'm guessing whatever attributes mariotas had that they understand as leadership and a guy people want to be around don't translate to RT. 

that's not diminishing RT the player. It's probably just a likability thing or the idea he's not all in or something. 

of course everyone may just want to be right about first impressions. 

21 hours ago, Titans279 said:

I'm not a Tannehill hater at all but I do laugh at how the accepted range of what tier QB Tannehill is keeps dropping over time.

Maybe we should consider that Derek Carr, who is considered superior by many, regressed significantly under the same OC Tannehill did?  And also his subsequent, immediate, and permanent improvement in productivity and efficiency after he was fired.  I think it's easier to find an OC to get Tannehill back to whatever tier he was considered before, than to find a QB who won't struggle and look like a significantly worse QB under Todd Downing.

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

So he is replacing Logan as a rookie with no experience? This is your wish? LMAO

What I'm saying is that they keep Woodside on the PS.  Willis probably the better choice during a game to go in and have success running an RPO style offense that the defense has not prepared for.  Then for the next game you can assess whether to start Woodside or Willis.  Plus having Willis active on gameday allows you to run the short yardage stuff that Polian was talking about.

Edited by japan