Memphis Grizzlies

Number9

Ja Morant   The next big NBA superstar if he can stay healthy.  Youth got them today.  Grizzlies need to win a championship quick or Ja will be gone.

Celebrate Lets Go GIF by ESPNMissed a layup.  Tough, but it was a layup.  

On 5/1/2022 at 5:44 PM, Number9 said:

Ja Morant   The next big NBA superstar if he can stay healthy.  Youth got them today.  Grizzlies need to win a championship quick or Ja will be gone.

Celebrate Lets Go GIF by ESPNMissed a layup.  Tough, but it was a layup.  

Ja Morants game kind of reminds me of Westbrook....

He’s awful on defense (a lot worse than prime WB). I don’t get how a guy so quick gets blown by like he’s Jokic. His basketball IQ is also suspect to say the least (which is similar to WB). Also much like WB if he’s not going out and putting up massive stat lines he’s going to be a pretty big negative because he doesn’t bring much more. There was like 5 possession in just the last 2 minutes where he just dribbled for 15 seconds before driving or pulling from 3. It worked out great and he was awesome but that isn’t exactly a good strategy long term. Absurdly fun to watch but he needs to work on quite a few things if he ever wants to enter that top tier of players. I’m not trying to take a shot at him. At any given time there’s maybe 2-3 guys that are in the can carry a team to a chip tier. The fact that he even has a shot at it is a huge complement. If Ja wants to enter that tier he needs to at least get his defense to look more like Curry than Trae Young, improve off ball, and just make better decisions/do the small things at a higher rate. Keep in mind the only teams to win a ring in the last 20 years with such a ball dominant player is a Cavs Lebron team and potentially Wade and the refs where they averaged 35 PPG. If you go past 20 years you’ll find maybe a few more cases. Being that ball dominant simply doesn’t win rings. All it usually does is give you great stats and a first or second round exit. Once in a while they’ll go further on crazy seasons and maybe once a decade a generational player will reach the finals. 

2 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Oh cmon we are far from the worst. 

I think most fans are fine and every fan base had ups and downs. In particular though, I was thinking of fans online and your online fan base is pretty awful. 

Archived