2023 NFL Draft Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

1 hour ago, Thumbtack said:

Reminds me of a poor man Luke Kuechly.  I don't think he's quite the athlete Kuechly was coming out, but from a processing of the field standpoint is where I draw the comparsion.

What set Kuechly apart was his superb athleticism

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was checking today.. if we lose out we could be as high as #10 or #11 pick. look at the bright side

A loss tonight allows for Broderick Jones, Paris Johnson Jr, Peter Skoronski, or CJ Stroud to be realistic possibilities for the 2023 Tennessee Titans

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Oh damn! Well here is your character concerns with Carter…

Sounds like a Georgia alum we knew for a time

Jeez. Kirby is beginning to look more and more like Marvin Lewis, covering for idiots and criminals. I'm not sure how other teams teams scout Georgia players, but I wouldn't believe a word out of anyone in that building after the Isaiah Wilson situation. 

Not so much 2023 draft related but more draft media related noticed the final two founders of the Draft Network Joe Marino and Kyle Crabbs both left the company today, their coverage had fallen off a lot since Ledyard/Sikkema/Solak left so this latest news could be a real killer for them.

Titans fan and Draft Network contributor Justin Melo is basically the only reason to tune into their content now.

Just thinking about where the WR group is right now. Regardless of whatever veteran WR they could sign (not including a trade), WR almost assuredly needs to be the pick in the 2nd round as of now. 

Obviously, they could trade down and acquire more picks, but as we stand today, they cannot afford to wait to the 3rd round to address the position, or risk the same thing happening they year they panic traded up to take Dez Fitzpatrick.

It is almost relatively easy to see who they might target basing it off of Carthon/SF WR traits, as well as what the team has preferred at the position. They need to be 6’0+, 195 lbs+ and run a 4.55 or better in the 40 (be within close range of those).

Thst essentially leaves us with:

Quentin Johnson - TCU
Jonathan Mingo - Ole Miss

Cedric Tillman - Tennessee

A.T. Perry - Wake Forest

Rashee Rice - SMU
C.J. Johnson - East Carolina 

Elijah Higgins - Stanford 

Michael Wilson - Stanford

Matt Landers - Arkansas

Andrei Iosivas - Princeton

Bryce Ford-Wheaton - West Virginia

A couple more barely miss it. But if you are trying to find a Titans WR, I believe it will be at least one (if not two) from the list above.

Edited by titanskick8851

8 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

Just thinking about where the WR group is right now. Regardless of whatever veteran WR they could sign (not including a trade), WR almost assuredly needs to be the pick in the 2nd round as of now. 

Obviously, they could trade down and acquire more picks, but as we stand today, they cannot afford to wait to the 3rd round to address the position, or risk the same thing happening they year they panic traded up to take Dez Fitzpatrick.

It is almost relatively easy to see who they might target basing it off of Carthon/SF WR traits, as well as what the team has preferred at the position. They need to be 6’0+, 195 lbs+ and run a 4.55 or better in the 40 (be within close range of those).

Thst essentially leaves us with:

Quentin Johnson - TCU
Jonathan Mingo - Ole Miss

Cedric Tillman - Tennessee

A.T. Perry - Wake Forest

Rashee Rice - SMU
C.J. Johnson - East Carolina 

Elijah Higgins - Stanford 

Michael Wilson - Stanford

Andrei Iosivas - Princeton

Bryce Ford-Wheaton - West Virginia

A couple more barely miss it. But if you are trying to find a Titans WR, I believe it will be at least one (if not two) from the list above.

Tillman just feels like he'll be the guy. I imagine we could trade down later into the second as well and still get one of these fellas.