Titans Draft Malik Willis - QB Liberty

Mercalius

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

An inch and about 50 pounds. If they were RBs, McNair would be a FB and Willis would be a scat back. 

Willis has a cannon.  Mac had a good arm but Willis is in the league with Elway, Allen, and Mahomes.  Willis best attribute is his movement in the pocket and he is a gym rat.  I hope he makes it but I think TN left a lot of good players out there in 3 for this project.  

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just met Willis' cousin in Krogers.  He was buying a Titans football.  He and his family just drove up from Atlanta to see Willis play tonight.  A very nice young man.   pro

This guy is as raw as a steak on the deli counter but he has elite speed, one of the strongest arms of the last few drafts, and apparently interviews super well.  Perfect guy to take a flier on and gr

Tannehill is about to turn 34 and has 2 years left on his contract. If this kid can develop for a couple of years and they think he’s ready to replace Tannehill in a year or 2 then it’s a huge steal.

Posted Images

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

We fully agree here. He could be used in some packages, but the idea he was picked as a Taysol Hill type player is ridiculous. 

This may be true. But if it is, I find it to be a scary thought in regards to the team’s go-forward philosophy and thought process. 

I would hate to basically just try to replicate Baltimore’s offense down the road - that feels like a dead end. 

3 minutes ago, Guts said:

Liberty OL was trash even before that game. He had pressure almost immediately every snap. 

Agreed but a supposed first round pick with supposed "elite speed" should have done much better than a longest rush of 17 yards and throwing 3 interceptions. People think he's a homerun hitter but he's not. He's elusive and has a thicker build but he's not a guy who's gonna pop a big run at any moment, he is not that type of athlete. 

3 minutes ago, Guts said:

Liberty OL was trash even before that game. He had pressure almost immediately every snap. 

Yep hsrd. to judge those things when they play bigger schools the line can’t hold up. . I remember watching Ben Rothlisberger throw 5 pics against Iowa, Josh Allen throwing 5 pics against Nebraska. 

12 minutes ago, tgo said:

That is ridiculous - he is not built like McNair - he’s built more like Kyler Murray. 

He plays like him too, except he has an absolute cannon and is actually more accurate. 

I think Murray reads in the pocket a bit better, but Murray is a good comp. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

Willis has a cannon.  Mac had a good arm but Willis is in the league with Elway, Allen, and Mahomes.  Willis best attribute is his movement in the pocket and he is a gym rat.  

Go ahead and knit Willis his gold jacket imo

And “gym rat” doesn’t seem like a great trait for a QB to me. Hopefully he’s a “film rat” like Tannehill. 

Has anyone really seen his passing analysis? He was 3rd string for Auburn before he transferred, he threw like 14 passes

Look it up, and remember this is in college. He doesn't read defenses, he's got poor pocket presence, he has accuracy issues, even more so on the run BTW, he flees the pocket rather than steps into it. 

He has a cannon but not passing ability as in ball placement, making reads etc.....

The idea this guy is going to develop into a pocket passer is beyond wishful thinking, I don't believe the Titans do think this. 

And I also think people referring to him as a gadget player are also off. He's going to get a lot of snaps imo.

Vrabel has a hard on for the run game and for mobile QBs, all defensive coaches do. 

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He plays like him too, except he has an absolute cannon and is actually more accurate. 

Yep. 

Yuck. 

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

The real issue with Willis is we don’t know how well he can read a D. He played in a simplified offense. That’s not uncommon in college, but it makes it harder to evaluate QBs.

Just now, titansfan said:

My source is similar to everyone's source when discussing a player's intelligence 

From what the wonderlic?  Gabbert also scored high.  You would have been better off just saying you're full of shit.

1 minute ago, tgo said:

This may be true. But if it is, I find it to be a scary thought in regards to the team’s go-forward philosophy and thought process. 

I would hate to basically just try to replicate Baltimore’s offense down the road - that feels like a dead end. 

They aren’t going to do that so don’t worry. They will attempt to create something new out of the kid with the 4.4 speed and monster arm who throws with really good accuracy. 

If they can’t he won’t be the starter they design the team around. He won’t be anyways most likely, but he is a player with a lot of upside if you teach him how to read and manipulate defenses. It’s honestly easier to do that if they’re intelligent than it is to teach accuracy. He isn’t like Lamar Jackson. Kyler Murray is a good comp.

28 minutes ago, titaninpgh said:

I think you might need to raise your expectations, because apparently Willis is one of the Chosen

Oh, shit. If he keeps this kind of talk up we should go ahead and send him to Denver to be with the other goddamn lunatic. 

6 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

We fully agree here. He could be used in some packages, but the idea he was picked as a Taysom Hill type player is ridiculous. 

So you think he's being drafted for his passing ability?