Round 2, Pick 35: Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn

1 hour ago, titaninpgh said:

Farley and McCreary are polar opposite picks. Farley is a traits-based pick with injury concern and major experience deficits. McCreary is highly experienced with refined skills, and durable… but lacks the traits.

Robinson officially does not have a “type” at CB. 

His type is man coverage corners in general. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Needs more injury history

@woolfolksunclesuncle he's your guy

Guy looks sticky as fuck...

Posted Images

On 5/2/2022 at 3:47 PM, Justafan said:

To me this is damning for Farley. I don’t think they make this pick if they truly believed Farley could be “the guy”. 

Let him get on the field and get some snaps in; he had opted out of 2020 because of Covid so he was understandably going to be rusty. If they truly don't think he has outside starting potentital at this point, then they are trying to blow a lot of smoke up our asses with all their positive reviews of his off season efforts, which isn't Vrabel's normal MO.

Edited by No1TitansFan

7 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

Let him get on the field and get some snaps in; he had opted out of 2020 because of Covid so he was understandably going to be rusty. If they truly don't think he has outside starting potentital at this point, then they are trying to blow a lot of smoke up our asses with all their positive reviews of his off season efforts, which isn't Vrabel's normal MO.

I think they needed the depth.  The slot guys were Jackson (who played up and down in 2021) and Skrine who was a journeyman and really the backup outside CB if an injury hit.

I think it's both they believe in Farley and found value in McCready at that spot in the draft.  You can never have enough CB (see 2020 season).

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

I think they needed the depth.  The slot guys were Jackson (who played up and down in 2021) and Skrine who was a journeyman and really the backup outside CB if an injury hit.

I think it's both they believe in Farley and found value in McCready at that spot in the draft.  You can never have enough CB (see 2020 season).

That's my feeling as well, if they have already written off Farley or had major doubts, then they wouldn't have let Jenkins walk and not make any effort to bring in a veteran besides re signing Skrine who's pretty much a journeyman reserve/spot starter.

2 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

That's my feeling as well, if they have already written off Farley or had major doubts, then they wouldn't have let Jenkins walk and not make any effort to bring in a veteran besides re signing Skrine who's pretty much a journeyman reserve/spot starter.

Honestly, we should have guessed that CB was high on the list of draft needs given how little they spent in FA.  At worst, I think McCready should/can play slot and backup the outside spots.  I don't want Molden playing there again (and neither do the Titans I bet).

3 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

If McCreary starts over Farley outside I'll be very disappointed. 

Do you want to start a guy who has only 1 year of experience at the position, has basically not played the last 2 years, and is coming off a torn ACL less than a year ago?

6 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

If McCreary starts over Farley outside I'll be very disappointed. 

I really think McCreary is going to play inside

@NoFlagsFilm did a video and suggested the same thing. I bet they start him out in the dime in known passing situations in place of Molden 

9 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

@NoFlagsFilm did a video and suggested the same thing. I bet they start him out in the dime in known passing situations in place of Molden 

Yeah, he's definitely in line for the buster skrine/Chris Jackson role. That's why if they end up having to start him outside it's a disaster for Farley. 

10 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he wins the starting outside CB job simply because Farley isn’t ready, but then moves inside on passing downs and Farley plays outside.