Round 1, Pick 18: Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas

titansfan

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In all my years of posting on this board, I don't think I've ever seen our 1st round pick get discussed so little the night of the draft (we aren't even to page 3!). It's obvious why of course, but st

Low effort, hates contact, one hands every ball that comes his way, poor route runner… great job J Rob you fat fuck

That’s crazy your town has multiple under 18 lifters who can hit 600.    I was just looking at the IPF records for junior bench and didn’t see any kids from Buffalo. I didn’t see anybody cleari

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Yoshimitsu said:

I believe it’s a reference to a thread in the general section on which weapon would be the worst to deal with…knife vs bat.  

I would be curious to know who started that thread. That was a Giant Bomb debate from years ago that continued for years lol

37 minutes ago, TeamRamrod said:

I would be curious to know who started that thread. That was a Giant Bomb debate from years ago that continued for years lol

It was Oman I believe. It was stated as”if you had to be in a fight to the death with one person, which weapon would you rather have, a bat or knife.”

Edited by freakingeek

2 hours ago, TeamRamrod said:

Being stabbed by a knife, believe it or not, can have other adverse effects besides death.

2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Could be worse. Could be a bat…

or even worse, could be a Bills fan!

Edited by XAEA12

Anyway, I opt to think what will help Burks right away are his size, length and body control.

He may be limited on the route tree and nuance within routes, but I think he brings enough starting out, plus with mismatches, it’ll be ok. What that means is Better than Woods and NWI alone. We’ll see.

From the size comparison, you notice immediately that Burks and Okwonko are similar height, weight and speed. I doubt that’s accidental for as long as their names were on the Titans’ radar leading up to the draft. 

I’m excited to see what they do with each player long term.

Look, I know they're just highlights but I'm trying real hard to not go all in on Burks. This highlight video is long as hell but here's a list of NFL corners that Burks sonned (some of these were when he was a true freshmen):

• Cameron Dantzler
  • Kristian Fulton
  • Cary Vincent Jr (4.3 speed)

I see why they liked him so much. He's got his flaws but he reminds me a bit of Derrick Henry in that a lot people thought he couldn't do the ridiculous shit he did in college at the next level, and he still did. It's been a long way but I'm excited to see this kid in 2022.

6 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Look, I know they're just highlights but I'm trying real hard to not go all in on Burks. This highlight video is long as hell but here's a list of NFL corners that Burks sonned (some of these were when he was a true freshmen):

• Cameron Dantzler
  • Kristian Fulton
  • Cary Vincent Jr (4.3 speed)

I see why they liked him so much. He's got his flaws but he reminds me a bit of Derrick Henry in that a lot people thought he couldn't do the ridiculous shit he did in college at the next level, and he still did. It's been a long way but I'm excited to see this kid in 2022.

Game 1:  can Adoree Jackson cover him?