Church Membership Falls Below Majority for First Time

OILERMAN

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally I don’t really care whether someone believes in god. We do have the freedom to practice our religion as we choose. It's totally their personal right to believe in a loving god who threatens

https://news.gallup.com/poll/341963/church-membership-falls-below-majority-first-time.aspx   WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans' membership in houses of worship continued to decline last year, dr

I would think omnipresent would be inside the notion that the more and more studies they do they’re finding out everything is alive in one way or another.    I fully agree with you. The notion

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Perhaps this is why the religious right is basically on a crusade to enforce their beliefs on everyone else in this country…

In fairness, this applies to virtually every organized religion in the history of human society.

I wonder how do these stats track with the more socially moderate-to-progressive denominations like the United Methodists and the Episcopalians. 

The American church is widely viewed as one big smorgasborg of conservative idiocy but it's more complicated than that.  

5 hours ago, Jerry Blair said:

I stopped going because of all the magas in the congregation.

my siblings have gotten frustrated with the radicalization of the clergy.  No more Second Vatican, it’s now back to Latin and the oppression of women.

4 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

Obviously Covid had a huge impact but church/religion is for suckers anyway regardless of what you believe in.  Give us your money and we'll save your soul!

As opposed to giving money to a political campaign.  There's plenty of those stupid fucks on this board.

6 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

Obviously Covid had a huge impact but church/religion is for suckers anyway regardless of what you believe in.  Give us your money and we'll save your soul!

This lady at work plays some Christian radio station in the morning. Utter garbage. If you listen for 30 minutes you hear 10 minutes of advertisement, 15 minutes of them asking for donations, and 5 minutes of music.

Christians are gullible idiots.

I was raised Catholic and we were always taught/told god is everywhere and always listening…so if that was/is the case, why does it matter if someone talks/prays to god in church or from their couch at home? 

I got kicked out of confirmation classes when I was younger for insisting on an answer to this question, lol