QAnon as Popular as Some Major Religions in the United States.

Number9

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/27/us/politics/qanon-republicans-trump.html

Those are the findings of a poll released today by the Public Religion Research Institute and the Interfaith Youth Core, which found that 15 percent of Americans say they think that the levers of power are controlled by a cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles, a core belief of QAnon supporters. The same share said it was true that “American patriots may have to resort to violence” to depose the pedophiles and restore the country’s rightful order.

IMO, that's not normal and will not lead to a better America.  In 2016, a man armed with an assault rifle shot one human because he believe it was the place Hillary C hid her child sex ring.*   In 2022, there are millions more believing obvious untruths.  

What is the solution?  How has our system of government produced a people that 15% of believe outrageous untruths?  One of the main battlefronts seems to be our children.  And one of our major problems is lack of communication.  Either it's a battle or no effective communication.  It's our responsibility to help others who believe things blatant lies.  Having a populous that believes ridiculous lies makes the country unstable.

Just on the one issue of having additional bathrooms for children who can't decide what they are or have decided they are different than their birth certificate.  Simple-You go in the one for the sex they assigned you at birth.  Not sure if you are like the others in there, have fun peeping at the other kids wee-wee's.  I would have loved to get to see the little girls pee pee's when I was in 3rd grade.

*https://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-man-with-assault-rifle-dc-comet-pizza-victim-of-fake-sex-trafficking-story/

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This would not be a problem if the US had a proportional voting system, but with the two party system from winner-take-all district and state voting, this small group controls one of the two political

"Can you believe it. Many people don't believe it frankly-- yet here I am. *shows hand wounds*. Here I am. Two days! And I spent a day of it in hell and let me tell you that Beelzebub? Raw deal.

Posted Images

QAnon *is* a religion. More dangerously, it is a quasi political-religion. 

Long term - between QAnon and the United States system of government - only one of the two will survive. 

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Long term - between QAnon and the United States system of government - only one of the two will survive. 

Let's hope it isn't the Q's.  The FOX News stations perpetuate it by claiming now Disney is unsafe because they are part of the cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles.  So, either get in line or Q circulates stories on a different kind of Magic Mountain.  

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/mom-disney-rethinking-everything-bethany-mandel

4 hours ago, tgo said:

Certainly a cult.

I wonder how many Qtards are evangelicals. Realistically, the religious right dominates the GOP. It is more or less the Christian far right party today. You could feasibly argue it is merely a political extension of their actual religion.

4 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Certainly a cult.

I wonder how many Qtards are evangelicals. Realistically, the religious right dominates the GOP. It is more or less the Christian far right party today. You could feasibly argue it is merely a political extension of their actual religion.

Well you'd have to be a religious nut to accept the basic dogma of QAnon in the first place, but it seems like a thinking or educated mainstream Christian wouldn't be able to reconcile the vitriol with the teachings/doctrines of various denominations. 

Certainly the majority of the GOP is a "Christian" far right party though. Far far right. 

4 hours ago, 'Nator said:

At least half of your dumb fuck right wing buddies believe in most of that shit. 

The go to reply is usually "so you think PEDOS are okay then?"

Sorry dude. Don't know anyone associated with those people. Henceforth,  my 0.015% analysis. But you keep talking about them  if it makes you feel better.

I think it is combination of things.

First, I read an article based on the work of some religious research institute.  It indicated that this movement is a combination of evangelicals mixed with nationalists and white supremacists.  Note: not all, likely just a fraction, of evangelicals but the responsible group is a mix. 

I assume the internet made it possible for this group to grow.  Also, there are probably professional propagandists, e.g. Russia, adding fertilizer to this growth.