NFL may launch its own streaming service

FRT

46 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Huntsville would be the closest OTA station, and they don't have much at all. 

I just typed in a Huntville zip code into youtube tv site.  Looks like they carry ABC, NBC and CBS.  However, I don't know if Huntville shows the Titans games exclusively like someone living in middle Tennessee would get.

image.png.0566285099cbaa38aec2e5cc43c22272.png

Edited by japan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As an out of market fan, I’m all for this. 

After the way they eviscerated and shit all over their once-incredible GamePass offering, I have basically zero faith that the NFL will ever offer a streaming product that's worth having.     Their co

holy shit, you are so overconfident in your own stupid fucking takes, as always.   Do you have any idea how many tiny streaming services there are? The NFL is bigger than most of these tiny

Posted Images

1 hour ago, XAEA12 said:

Anybody know anything about game pass this year? 

I went to the site and it said it’s not taking any more subscriptions - something about improving the streaming service.

Got an email either Thursday or Friday saying my stream of Sunday Ticket was auto renew.  Have not checked it yet.

On 7/15/2022 at 4:59 AM, Mythos27 said:

Honestly if I every cut the cord I'm going with YouTube tv. Only reason I haven't is you need a cable provider to access most of these mobile apps.

I cut the cord about 2 years ago and went with YouTube tv.  I've been pretty happy with it up until recently.  Now I'm about to cancel YouTube tv.  They've raised their prices dramatically, continue to do so periodically, and it just doesn't offer me anything I can't get a la carte somewhere else for cheaper.

One big thing to look at if you're considering them is the local sports networks.  Out here YTTV won't pay for them so I basically am paying $65/month to watch the news and ESPN/NFLN (which I can stream without it).

And HBO, Showtime, etc. you can get independently, binge the show(s) you want to see, and then cancel it.

Edited by abenjami

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/07/25/national-football-leagues-new-streaming-service-nfl-launches-at-4point99-per-month.html

The National Football League now has its own streaming service.

Premiering Monday, the NFL is launching NFL+ for $4.99 per month or $39.99 per year.

A subscription will include all out-of-market preseason games, which was formerly only available with a subscription to NFL Game Pass for $99.99 per year. The NFL preseason kicks off Aug. 4 with the Jacksonville Jaguars facing the Las Vegas Raiders. Since that will be a nationally televised game, it won't be featured on NFL+.

NFL+ will also include live mobile device access to local and prime-time regular season and postseason games, previously available for free on the Yahoo Sports app.

For $9.99 per month or $79.99 per year, the NFL is also selling NFL+ Premium. That subscription includes full and condensed game replays and access to "All-22" film, a bird's-eye view of the game that coaches use to see how all 22 players move in a given play.

Edited by Starkiller

58 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/07/25/national-football-leagues-new-streaming-service-nfl-launches-at-4point99-per-month.html

The National Football League now has its own streaming service.

Premiering Monday, the NFL is launching NFL+ for $4.99 per month or $39.99 per year.

A subscription will include all out-of-market preseason games, which was formerly only available with a subscription to NFL Game Pass for $99.99 per year. The NFL preseason kicks off Aug. 4 with the Jacksonville Jaguars facing the Las Vegas Raiders. Since that will be a nationally televised game, it won't be featured on NFL+.

NFL+ will also include live mobile device access to local and prime-time regular season and postseason games, previously available for free on the Yahoo Sports app.

For $9.99 per month or $79.99 per year, the NFL is also selling NFL+ Premium. That subscription includes full and condensed game replays and access to "All-22" film, a bird's-eye view of the game that coaches use to see how all 22 players move in a given play.

Just the news I was looking for, thank you. Now on days I can’t watch the game I can rewatch the replay through the plus subscription. Totally worth 10 bucks a month.

On 3/30/2022 at 3:45 PM, Starkiller said:

All they really need is a streaming service that is ad-free but otherwise similar to the content people get from the NFL Network. They just want revenue from people who don’t subscribe to a cable subscription.

Then have a more expensive version that includes more in-depth content like All-22. 

NFL+ is just gamepass rebranded with a few enhancements. There is reason they are going to outsource the streaming rights for Sunday Ticket to an established provider. The expense to run that infrastructure is cost prohibitive.

On 7/24/2022 at 5:09 PM, BlueThunder said:

You did good Japan, and I typed in my zip code and I do get Nashville stations on YT.. So now you need to help me out one more about this 4k stuff. And talk to me like I am old and feeble. It simply said if you watch sports to go with the 4k package, but it is pricey.  $20 a month, which takes me up to what I am paying for HULU now.  I don't even know if I am getting 4K with HULU.  I know that 1080 is now broadcast OTA, so when I was in Nashville I was getting a great pic.  I have nothing to compare to down here, but at times things seem washed out a bit. Splain....

Almost all of the nfl games are not in 4K. Last year only the TNF games on Fox were in 4K. However these will now be on Amazon prime. I would bet that Amazon will have these in 4K. So you just need a Prime sub. Who knows wtf they are doing for the normal slate in 4K. 

20 hours ago, abenjami said:

I cut the cord about 2 years ago and went with YouTube tv.  I've been pretty happy with it up until recently.  Now I'm about to cancel YouTube tv.  They've raised their prices dramatically, continue to do so periodically, and it just doesn't offer me anything I can't get a la carte somewhere else for cheaper.

One big thing to look at if you're considering them is the local sports networks.  Out here YTTV won't pay for them so I basically am paying $65/month to watch the news and ESPN/NFLN (which I can stream without it).

And HBO, Showtime, etc. you can get independently, binge the show(s) you want to see, and then cancel it.

Didn’t they up the price to $65 years ago?

Will this streaming platform come with access to past season's games and if so how far back will that go?

IMO, the NFL would be ridiculous not to include this with streaming at some point, if it's not yet a feature. They could offer varying packages based on levels of access. Whole NFL, conference, or team based maybe? Idk how you price that in with streaming though.

Just spit numbers...

Basic Package - $9.99 per month, $79.99 annually
Team Package - $14.99 per month, $129.88 annually
Conference Package - $19.99 per month, $199 annually

Historical Package - $29.99 per month, $259 annually

Sound about right?

9 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

It’s available now

I’m talking about live games on Sunday.

nflsundayticket.tv sent me a renewal notice too and I’m wondering if there will be another option for this season?