(2022) Per PFT: TN Involved in Aaron Rodgers Trade Talks, Among Other Teams?

tgo

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is 0% chance the Titans consider trading for Rodgers   Yea lets unload all the draft capitol and wreck the cap for a one year rental on a declining QB who will be 40 next year

Pretty damn funny.

Robinson basically admitted the other day that he had had talks about Rodgers and that was “part of his job” or whatever.    Vrabel sounds done with Tannehill to me. But maybe I’m just reading

Posted Images

He's headed to the Jets.  They seem inclined to match whatever price in compensation that the Packers want anyway.  I guess the Pats would be another team.  I'm just dumping out AFC teams w/QB needs.  Also, the Raiders.

Edited by rns90

I keep running all these scenarios and keep coming back to Ryan Tannehill + keeping the draft capital being a better option than trading for Rodgers.

And keeping/extending Tannehill definitely seems like a better option than paying for Derek Carr.

Frustrating. We're in the Twilight Zone.

I guess just upgrade OC and upgrade skill personnel as much as possible and hope for the best!

https://theathletic.com/4157315/2023/02/06/nfl-predictions-offseason-quarterback-moves/

The Jets have been rumored as a logical landing spot for Rodgers based on their need at the position and the presence of new offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett, who coached Rodgers in Green Bay. Execs have pointed to Tennessee as an intriguing potential landing spot. The Packers might not trade Rodgers to an NFC contender such as San Francisco even if the 49ers were interested in absorbing the contractual ramifications.

“Tennessee is a great spot for him,” the first exec said.

“I could totally see that,” the second exec said.

What about the Jets?

“I just don’t know that he is going to want to be in New York,” the first exec said. “Mike Vrabel and Tennessee seem more his pace. Whether Vrabel wants to put up with his s—, who knows? But Matt LaFleur was the offensive coordinator with Vrabel, so Vrabel could pick his brain. Robert Saleh and LaFleur are close. Those teams all have ties.”