code

SIGN YOUR OWN

AJ Brown

Harold Landry

Ben Jones

Jeffrey Simmons

Amani Hooker

Nate Davis

Big Quessenbury (not a lot of starting RTs in the league on vet minimum)

ADD IF YOU CAN

TE, TE, TE

THE MASTER MANEUVER

Unlikely as hell but replace RT with Wilson, Rodgers or Watson.  If JRob can pull that off while retaining the guys he has to retain - well - never again will I question his abilities.

Honestly,  if he can get AJ, Landry and Simmons back under long term deals with the current cap situation he will have had a masterful offseason.

Blaine Bishop actually said something smart for once after the game, the Titans are probably in year 2 of a 3 year window as far as the SB; even if they were to lose Landry, the defense should be really solid next year, so it makes sense to keep all the offensive weapons intact for at least one more year. Julio isn't going anywhere.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of letting Landry go given how long it's taken them to find a consistent outside pass rush.  If you cut Julio, you still need another vet WR (probably two).  That decision isn't easy.  I think they keep on only because of what they gave up but I have no real knowledge of how bad his hamstring is.

An interesting signing would be JC Jackson, CB Patriots.

This would give the Titans insurance with both Fulton and Farley in the future, and is a move that if given credence by JRob and Vrabel could be balls smart for securing dominant outside CBS for the near future.

Gotta replace Jackrabbit and I like my Jacksons JC vs Chris.

Yeah, just let me dream here for a second.

Edited by GLinks

Anybody see much of this guy? From PFF’s FA list:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-free-agent-rankings-free-agency

23. TE DALTON SCHULTZ, DALLAS COWBOYS

Schultz has taken full advantage of the absence of Blake Jarwin‘s absence within the Cowboys' offense and has made a name for himself. He has at least five receptions in seven of his 12 games thus far in 2021, with his 77.4 overall grade ranking sixth-best among tight ends. The former fourth-round pick out of Stanford seemed like a limited athlete with all the intangibles that typically come with a Cardinal tight end, but he’s blossoming into a solid all-around player at the position.

Strengths:
-Run blocking
-Short/Intermediate routes

Weaknesses:
-One year of good production
-Deep routes

Scheme Fit/Role:
STARTING TIGHT END ON TEAM WITH GOOD WEAPONS: Schultz has produced in a Dallas system that has multiple playmakers who keep the defense honest and that's his best bet for future receiving production. He's a good blocker, so he can provide value in that area, and he can work the middle of the field at the short and intermediate levels.

Recent Injury History:
After playing a more limited role in 2018 and 2019, Schultz has played in every game for the Cowboys since the start of the 2020 season, including the third-most snaps by a tight end with 973 in 2020.

Contract Projection: Four years, $45 million ($11.25M per year), $25.25 million total guaranteed

Bottom Line:
Schultz was a backup until 2020 and he didn't break out until 2021 where he's been one of the better all-around tight ends in the league. He's a mid-tier starter who has shown that he can be a dependable receiver and run-blockers.

I’m aware this is a year Titans probably draft a TE while adding a cheaper vet and keeping some development guys.  

Yada yada. No one’s actually thinking these are likely. 

But I’m not popping no balloons ? over here.

In that same breath, a DJ Chark or Michael Gallup, while I like to dream, are players coming off of injury who will still get around $10M/yr or more, who are not worth it, and they won’t happen, either.

And if those once-in-a-whiles could stay on the field, they’d be great additions, but I’d prefer to keep Julio and draft someone for after he’s gone.

About TE, could someone explain to me how Erron Kinney was somehow more graceful than Geoff Swain is? I would have loved an Erron Kinney this year at TE.

You forgot the biggest need.  Find a QB.  And don’t get me wrong, I don’t dislike RT.  But you don’t want him as your starter for the same reason you don’t want Winston or Wentz or D. Jones as your starter.  You can’t coach the stupid out of him.

Try to resign Landry and AJ this season, cut Saffold, Lamm and Jenkins (though Jenkins is questionable due to unknown situation with Farley and his injuries). Lewan has to take a paycut, restructure Byard and Tannehill and have a great draft. Doubt we will have any big moves in free agency, just depth players

4 hours ago, GLinks said:

Anybody see much of this guy? From PFF’s FA list:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-free-agent-rankings-free-agency

23. TE DALTON SCHULTZ, DALLAS COWBOYS

Schultz has taken full advantage of the absence of Blake Jarwin‘s absence within the Cowboys' offense and has made a name for himself. He has at least five receptions in seven of his 12 games thus far in 2021, with his 77.4 overall grade ranking sixth-best among tight ends. The former fourth-round pick out of Stanford seemed like a limited athlete with all the intangibles that typically come with a Cardinal tight end, but he’s blossoming into a solid all-around player at the position.

Strengths:
-Run blocking
-Short/Intermediate routes

Weaknesses:
-One year of good production
-Deep routes

Scheme Fit/Role:
STARTING TIGHT END ON TEAM WITH GOOD WEAPONS: Schultz has produced in a Dallas system that has multiple playmakers who keep the defense honest and that's his best bet for future receiving production. He's a good blocker, so he can provide value in that area, and he can work the middle of the field at the short and intermediate levels.

Recent Injury History:
After playing a more limited role in 2018 and 2019, Schultz has played in every game for the Cowboys since the start of the 2020 season, including the third-most snaps by a tight end with 973 in 2020.

Contract Projection: Four years, $45 million ($11.25M per year), $25.25 million total guaranteed

Bottom Line:
Schultz was a backup until 2020 and he didn't break out until 2021 where he's been one of the better all-around tight ends in the league. He's a mid-tier starter who has shown that he can be a dependable receiver and run-blockers.

He would be a massive upgrade. I also wish we would sign Gallup to be our slot WR and draft a WR such as Olave if we can trade back to the top of round 2 or bottom of the 1st. Another WR I would be excited with would be Drake London but I don’t think he will slip past the first. 

all I know is I pray to god that we draft Nakobe Dean in round 1 to replace Cunningham bc I don’t think we can resign him after giving Simmons and Brown and Landry new deals. Even if we regained Cunningham I want us to get Dean no matter what. Him and Cunningham would be dynamic 

10 hours ago, headhunter said:

You guys act like replacing Landry is so easy is the dumbest thing I've read on here in awhile and that's saying something. All 4 guys need to be together 

The hardest part about replacing him is he plays every down and isn't half bad in coverage or setting the edge. He isn't great at any one thing but he is above average to good at everything. 

That said, I doubt we can afford to keep him.