Vrabel End of Year Presser

Jonboy

2 minutes ago, Amy said:

They are in no danger of losing their jobs, both probably have already been extended.  My guess is they draft a QB with plans to move on from Tannehill in 2023

That’s understood.  If they continue with Tannehill that won’t continue to have jobs.  That’s the point I am trying to make.  Being smart men, they are not going to attach their future employment to Tannehill.  And would you?  The average fan has seen Tannehill disappoint twice at home in the playoffs.  As I said, this is also a business.  

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like Landry will definitely be a priority considering Vrabel mentioned him by name among the team leaders. 

Yikes. I imagine it wasn't his intention but this wording is NOT standard praise and I'm sure will be used as fodder against Tannehill.   1. Starts with "We have to be great around him."

What they need to do is a deep dive on the interceptions in terms of bad throw, bad decision, bad play design.......It seemed like more than half of the picks were on tipped balls and at least 2 or 3

33 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I get the frustration with playoff Tannehill but that doesn't detract from the fact the trade to bring him here has been a spectacular success.

The frustration isn't the trade. Its the structuring of the contract that really hurts. Now we're stuck as a franchise. This was likely the best roster we could ever build around Tanny and we went all-in on this season with trading for Julio because of it. 

1 minute ago, Downtown said:

The frustration isn't the trade. Its the structuring of the contract that really hurts. Now we're stuck as a franchise. This was likely the best roster we could ever build around Tanny and we went all-in on this season with trading for Julio because of it. 

There was nothing wrong with how the original contract was structured it was the restructuring that limits what you can do regarding Tannehill this offseason.

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

Actually they have nothing else at WR or TE  outside of Brown and Jones.

Does this not fall on JRob?

He traded a 2nd and spent capital to get near nothing out of Julio. He didn't bring anyone in to replace Jonnu. He didn't draft a WR until the 4th (before we even knew Julio would be a possibility), and the guy he drafted he cut before the season. He brought in Marcus Johnson who had a history on injuries. He signed Reynolds and then let him go, which some argued was because our WR depth was good and he git passed. We let Raymond walk and basically had no deep threat on the roster.

Both you and I were in agreement about the lack of weapons before, during, and after the draft, so it's frustrating see it play out exactly as feared.

The problem with Landry is which one are we going to get ? The 5.5 sack one ? Or the 12 sack Landry ? My guess is neither and prob somewhere in the middle. I’m not entirely sure you shell out cash for Landry though at this point he’s a luxury and with autry Simmons and dupree(who should be fully healthy next year ) all locked up next year you can prob and play a cheaper option and get the same amount of production 

1 minute ago, AvgJoe said:

@AussieTitanFan08 what do you do this off-season if you are Robinson to get this team over the hump. Not calling you out, I respect your knowledge and want your input 

If the goal is to win as many games as possible in 2022 it isn't even a debate you ride with Tannehill and use what little resources you have (draft and cap wise) to build around him.

This course of action also involves extending Landry restructuring Cunningham and shedding veteran salaries like Saffold, Jenkins, Lamm and possibly Julio.

And if we are being honest this still might not be enough when you take a look around the rest of the AFC.

If the goal is trying to close the talent gap between the top QB's in the AFC and the Titans situation that is a completely different discussion.

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

If the goal is to win as many games as possible in 2022 it isn't even a debate you ride with Tannehill and use what little resources you have (draft and cap wise) to build around him.

This course of action also involves extending Landry restructuring Cunningham and shedding veteran salaries like Saffold, Jenkins, Lamm and possibly Julio.

And if we are being honest this still might not be enough when you take a look around the rest of the AFC.

If the goal is trying to close the talent gap between the top QB's in the AFC and the Titans situation that is a completely different discussion.

I don’t think you can shed Julio though, whose gonna be wr2 and don’t say nwi because he stinks.Julio seems like he loves it here I’m sure you can get him to restructure 

3 minutes ago, cenj said:

Does this not fall on JRob?

He traded a 2nd and spent capital to get near nothing out of Julio. He didn't bring anyone in to replace Jonnu. He didn't draft a WR until the 4th (before we even knew Julio would be a possibility), and the guy he drafted he cut before the season. He brought in Marcus Johnson who had a history on injuries. He signed Reynolds and then let him go, which some argued was because our WR depth was good and he git passed. We let Raymond walk and basically had no deep threat on the roster.

Both you and I were in agreement about the lack of weapons before, during, and after the draft, so it's frustrating see it play out exactly as feared.

He traded away draft capital to do the very thing you guys want him to do again now which is put more talent around Tannehill. The limiting factor is Tannehill. And at this point, it's easier said than done to continue adding significant talent around him. JRob did his job.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic